British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   its bleedin scarey (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/its-bleedin-scarey-471252/)

aston man Aug 3rd 2007 12:41 pm

its bleedin scarey

people are so nice here...

i am lucky enough to actually have met some ozzies and were starting to make them our friends..

perhaps im lucky but i have only met one tosspot since ive been here for the last eight weeks...

people are so nice here they dont seem to be able to do enough for you,sometimes its a little scarey,waiting for the punchline...

our daughters teacher knocked our door yesterday and welcomed us to our town..

were just waiting for the bubble to burst??

any one else felt the same....??

ast

The Crow Aug 3rd 2007 12:46 pm

Re: its bleedin scarey

I've felt exactly the same way - it's bizarre, but lovely! I've never met such a fantastic lot of supportive, friendly and kind people. As you say, there are idiots around too, but luckily I haven't crossed their paths directly.

johanne Aug 3rd 2007 12:47 pm

I would get worried if they started to ask for you to put your car keys in the bowl:eek:
Welcome to Aussie by the way:thumbup:

johanne Aug 3rd 2007 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by The Crow (Post 5143108)
I've felt exactly the same way - it's bizarre, but lovely! I've never met such a fantastic lot of supportive, friendly and kind people. As you say, there are idiots around too, but luckily I haven't crossed their paths directly.

Hi (Cheryl) LOL
Hows things going? Drove past yours on Wednesday with work, well Doongalla really but its close enough..I would love to move back up that end of the woods..

Sam Aug 3rd 2007 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by aston man (Post 5143080)
people are so nice here...

i am lucky enough to actually have met some ozzies and were starting to make them our friends..

perhaps im lucky but i have only met one tosspot since ive been here for the last eight weeks...

people are so nice here they dont seem to be able to do enough for you,sometimes its a little scarey,waiting for the punchline...

our daughters teacher knocked our door yesterday and welcomed us to our town..

were just waiting for the bubble to burst??

any one else felt the same....??

ast

Gezzzzz

I hope i wasn't the toss pot!

The Crow Aug 3rd 2007 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by johanne (Post 5143135)
Hi (Cheryl) LOL
Hows things going? Drove past yours on Wednesday with work, well Doongalla really but its close enough..I would love to move back up that end of the woods..

I've just done my 18 month update, funnily enough!
Are you not in Boronia anymore?

Rachel

moneypenny20 Aug 3rd 2007 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 5143237)
Gezzzzz

I hope i wasn't the toss pot!

I must not reply
I must not reply
I must not reply

Sam Aug 3rd 2007 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 5143258)
I must not reply
I must not reply
I must not reply

bitch :rofl:

moneypenny20 Aug 3rd 2007 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 5143261)
bitch :rofl:

Moi :confused: Surely not. I am the mother of a novice cheerleader who tonight won a silver medal at the state finals in Brissie. :thumbsup:

Sam Aug 3rd 2007 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 5143277)
Moi :confused: Surely not. I am the mother of a novice cheerleader who tonight won a silver medal at the state finals in Brissie. :thumbsup:

hey congrats Pen :thumbsup:

johanne Aug 3rd 2007 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by The Crow (Post 5143252)
I've just done my 18 month update, funnily enough!
Are you not in Boronia anymore?

Rachel

Still in Ferntree Gully, but kids are up in Bhps and the drive does my head in..

The Crow Aug 3rd 2007 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by johanne (Post 5143283)
Still in Ferntree Gully, but kids are up in Bhps and the drive does my head in..

That would be a bit of a pain! Will you change them for the new year, or are they nicely settled there?

Sorry to hijack the thread BTW!