It's back 2016/17

Old Oct 14th 2016, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's back 2016/17

Almost forgot..... The free to air game tonight is a doozy.... Adelaide United v Western Sydney Wanderers. Well worth a quick flick over and see if it grabs your attention.

Should be a great game after last weeks effort or lack of by WSW..... Adelaide's first home game of the season for the Champions. I'm predicting a comfortable win for Adelaide as the rot starts to well and truly set in at WSW... but who knows with the A league.... it could easily go the other way.

Should be a good game standard wise... well from Adelaide at least.

Go watch

7.45 pm or in about 30 mins from now.
Old Oct 15th 2016, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Good game last night, I'd say that was the correct result on both teams performance. Adelaide just weren't lethal or effective enough given their early dominance. It's early days but I dont think either of last nights teams are anywhere near as polished at Sydney, Brisbane or MVictory.

Tonights the big one, Melbourne Victory v Melbourne City, I'll be there, in fact my mates have already started at 11am with a BBQ for tonights 7.50am kick off so they'll be in a happy condition when I join them circa 4pm. Melbourne Victory need to convert their usual dominance in games to goals and also try and plug a slightly leaky defense. There should be a few goals in tonight games with all the lethal fire power on the pitch, but who bloody knows. Cahills first game as a A league player, that in itself is worth switching on for a look. I'm expecting him to be a bit of a fizzer in the A league, like most of the older big name players that try the A league... but my prediction ratio is hopeless.

So here's to tonight and lets see Rojas and Troisi do their thing and show the big names what the A league is all about. F... It..... Troisi is out with a broken collar bone. Oh well Mitch Austin instead.... he scored on his debut last week... don't know much about him though.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 15th 2016 at 1:06 am.
Old Oct 15th 2016, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

4 ficcking 1 Bloody hell !!

How did your team go ????
Old Oct 15th 2016, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
4 ficcking 1 Bloody hell !!

How did your team go ????
I recorded the match and just watched it. In all honesty 1-4 flattered MVFC. It was one-sided from start to finish (MVFC got the ball in the box 3 times in the first half).

The combination of Cahill and Fornaroli is going to terrorise the A-League this year, on the evidence of this anyway. Brattan, Brandan and Kamau etc looked as though they will be very useful as well and Mooy will not be missed.

BT Sport take the Foxtel coverage and at 51 mins one commentator asked the other - has Berisha touched the ball in the match yet?

Early nomination for goal of the season; enjoy:

Last edited by OzTennis; Oct 15th 2016 at 2:01 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2016, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's going to be an interesting season.....

Milligan doesn't like China apparently, he could be coming back to Victory. MV definitely missing a fair bit of backbone yesterday.
Old Oct 16th 2016, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be an interesting season.....

Milligan doesn't like China apparently, he could be coming back to Victory. MV definitely missing a fair bit of backbone yesterday.
Milligan would be useful for sure but I suspect you need much more to challenge this season on the evidence of yesterday.
Old Oct 24th 2016, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Only caught two games this past weekend. They were really entertaining though. I thought the Melbourne City v Perth Glory game was as good a A league game as I've ever seen. I personally enjoyed the result 2 - 3 to Perth ..... a lot.

Melbourne Victory tried their guts out against a much better footballing side away in Adelaide and came up trumps... Very very lucky to come away with a win, thanks to Lawrence Thomas brilliant efforts in goal.... I reckon he is destined to become the Aussie Keeper. It could have been one of those games where the very large vocal away support got them just over the line, because it has to be said MV ran their hearts out and put massive effort into that game. Really great game to watch.

Anyone that doubts the A League if they had caught either of those games would have been back for more.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Only caught two games this past weekend. They were really entertaining though. I thought the Melbourne City v Perth Glory game was as good a A league game as I've ever seen. I personally enjoyed the result 2 - 3 to Perth ..... a lot.

Melbourne Victory tried their guts out against a much better footballing side away in Adelaide and came up trumps... Very very lucky to come away with a win, thanks to Lawrence Thomas brilliant efforts in goal.... I reckon he is destined to become the Aussie Keeper. It could have been one of those games where the very large vocal away support got them just over the line, because it has to be said MV ran their hearts out and put massive effort into that game. Really great game to watch.

Anyone that doubts the A League if they had caught either of those games would have been back for more.
Yes, agreed about the City vs Glory game but sloppy defending by City for all 3 goals and I'd like to see Sorensen back a.s.a.p. I saw the Cup semi as well which was a deserved win for City. Fri vs Adelaide should be a good game. Brattan, Brandan, Fornoroli and Cahill are shaping up well.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 2:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Yes, agreed about the City vs Glory game but sloppy defending by City for all 3 goals and I'd like to see Sorensen back a.s.a.p. I saw the Cup semi as well which was a deserved win for City. Fri vs Adelaide should be a good game. Brattan, Brandan, Fornoroli and Cahill are shaping up well.
Bit hard to talk about football this week given the result.... lol.

Looking forwards to tonight game though.

So for those semi interested the free to air game tonight should be very interesting. Melbourne City v Adelaide United.... Adelaide being last years champions and off to a shaky start... With Star Studded Melbourne City having a couple of hiccups in the League.... Excepting against Melbourne Victory that is, much to my chagrin.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bit hard to talk about football this week given the result.... lol.

Looking forwards to tonight game though.

So for those semi interested the free to air game tonight should be very interesting. Melbourne City v Adelaide United.... Adelaide being last years champions and off to a shaky start... With Star Studded Melbourne City having a couple of hiccups in the League.... Excepting against Melbourne Victory that is, much to my chagrin.
One hiccup in the league? (Glory)

I recorded the MCFC vs Adelaide United game and just watched it before. As ever Fornaroli is the difference in class against most teams and it's looking like a better team this season around him. Alas, money is at play with the squad they've assembled.

I thought it was ironic that (not Pep) Guardiola scored for Adelaide against City!! Sloppy goal again. Fornaroli missed 2 or 3 and might have had a double hat trick.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thus far it looks like it's going to be a long season for us MV fans. Good game last night and Melbourne City are looking the goods unfortunately. The rest of the fixtures in this round aren't that appetising. Possibly the Newcastle Jets v Sydney tonight should be the pick of whats left. Newcastle can always throw up suprises and their play this season has been fairly useful.

MV play Wellington on Monday night....cup eve in Melbourne. My view on this is the most poorly anticipated games can sometimes turn out to be classics.

As in this fight back from 3-0 down against Central Coast

Old Oct 29th 2016, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes, early on and can change of course but like AFL, it's looking like a Melbourne vs Sydney final with both teams in sky blue and white. A double for my beloved Western Bulldogs and Melbourne City would do just fine.