It's back 2016/17

Old Oct 7th 2016, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's back 2016/17

SBS 7.40 PM tonight if anyone is interested.

Tomorrow could be a new club attendance record in *cough* Sydney of all places.

60K possibly at the olympic stadium WSW v Sydney FC
Old Oct 7th 2016, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's back 2016/17

Thanks to BT Sport I get 3 or 4 live games a week and a highlights show - Victory and City matches both live so will be watching. Good luck for the new season, it will be interesting to see if the ageing Cahill has an impact - my guess he will make a great partnership with Fornaroli.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Thanks to BT Sport I get 3 or 4 live games a week and a highlights show - Victory and City matches both live so will be watching. Good luck for the new season, it will be interesting to see if the ageing Cahill has an impact - my guess he will make a great partnership with Fornaroli.

You would expect Cahill to have a massive impact, but personally I wouldn't swap him for either Rojas or Troisi All in all it's going to be an interesting season. The names v the up and comers. Good luck to City as well....The stronger the Melbourne clubs the better as far as I'm concerned.... Rivalry breeds excellence and the A league is doing Aussie football a power of good. Great game tonight, the difference in ten years plus of the A league is amazing..... They love to pass out from the back in the A league which is very pretty football as well as very skillfull
Old Oct 7th 2016, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
You would expect Cahill to have a massive impact, but personally I wouldn't swap him for either Rojas or Troisi All in all it's going to be an interesting season. The names v the up and comers. Good luck to City as well....The stronger the Melbourne clubs the better as far as I'm concerned.... Rivalry breeds excellence and the A league is doing Aussie football a power of good. Great game tonight, the difference in ten years plus of the A league is amazing..... They love to pass out from the back in the A league which is very pretty football as well as very skillfull
The Guardiola/Barcelona way - he got rid of Joe Hart because he couldn't play as a sweeper as well as a stopper. Well, he wasn't a great stopper, especially for England if it comes to that but that's another story!

Yes, on my annual visits when I take in a number of City and also Victory games I can see the marked difference from early days.

A draw first up in Brissie was a good result.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Guardiola/Barcelona way - he got rid of Joe Hart because he couldn't play as a sweeper as well as a stopper. Well, he wasn't a great stopper, especially for England if it comes to that but that's another story!

Yes, on my annual visits when I take in a number of City and also Victory games I can see the marked difference from early days.

A draw first up in Brissie was a good result.

Not really when the equalising goal came in the last 10 seconds of 6.30 secs of a supposed 5 miniute injury time from 10 man Brisbane after MV dominated most of the game.

You have to win at Brisbane to win the title. Still very good football all the same.

60K tickets presold apparently at tonights Sydney Derby...They could break 70K. There's only one way in and out at Homebush as well... hope we dont see bad headlines tomorrow.

When was the last time they got 60K plus for club football of any code in Sydney ?

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 7th 2016 at 11:58 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Not really when the equalising goal came in the last 10 seconds of 6.30 secs of a supposed 5 miniute injury time from 10 man Brisbane after MV dominated most of the game.

You have to win at Brisbane to win the title. Still very good football all the same.

60K tickets presold apparently at tonights Sydney Derby...They could break 70K. There's only one way in and out at Homebush as well... hope we dont see bad headlines tomorrow.

When was the last time they got 60K plus for club football of any code in Sydney ?
They could have had that crowd before now if they had opted for Olympic Park in previous years. Allianz is a horrible stadium and struggles with big crowds. It would put many off going, including me. But, doesn't have the capacity for a Sydney Derby, especially one that has probably promoted the A league from side show to games worth going to see (well in Sydney at least).

Saying that, it's still quite average football with below average finishing. Instead of trying to round up the veterans that aren't going to MLS, Qatar or China, they should try and get some better coaches who can build stronger academies and improve the current young strikers. They don't need to be the next Rashford. Tim Cahill might win you an title but it's hardly a progressive move.

Anyway, I'll be at the derby tonight. Hope it's a 5-4 game, not bothered who wins.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Over 80,000 at the Cronulla v Melbourne NRL game the other day, they reckon.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Actually I think the record was set at the Souths v Bulldogs grand final in 2014. But, Chelsea and Man United friendlies were both close.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Actually I think the record was set at the Souths v Bulldogs grand final in 2014. But, Chelsea and Man United friendlies were both close.
Didn't realise they still got large NRL crowds in Sydney.....

Possibly break that if it comes down to one of 3 teams in any final at Homebush... WSW SFC and of course MVFC who would be good for at least 15K travellers if not more.

I bloody hate freindly games... Would much rather watch Bentleigh Greens or their Ilk v any A league team in the FFA cup.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hands up. I didn't watch the match, got the result on the internet as a draw and saw the highlights later - I was wondering when the Roar goal was coming as I couldn't see anything but a Victory victory.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
83,600 and something. I was sitting on half way. I hate that stadium but that night it was special. As they say in the shire up up Cronulla.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beoz
83,600 and something. I was sitting on half way. I hate that stadium but that night it was special. As they say in the shire up up Cronulla.
100K at the G and over 20K who couldn't get tickets at Whitten Oval same day. The G vs ANZ is no contest frankly (and yes, it is designed for games played on ovals, cricket and footy) as is AFL vs League no contest.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

100K at the G and over 20K who couldn't get tickets at Whitten Oval same day. The G vs ANZ is no contest frankly (and yes, it is designed for games played on ovals, cricket and footy) as is AFL vs League no contest.
AFL. Ha. All that bent over stuff rummaging around for the ball. Its just a mess. AFL is a low sport.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

WSW hate to say it, but they have managerial issues IMO. I thought you couldn't get better than Pops either. Really pains me to say it as a Palace man. Can't believe that Nutter Muscat is doing a better job than him.

Sydney looked every bit as skillful as MV and Brisbane..... WSW well they got the right result ... 4-0 to Sydney.

Only 1500 walkups on the day, that surprised me @ 61,800....

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 8th 2016 at 9:31 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

WSW hate to say it, but they have managerial issues IMO. I thought you couldn't get better than Pops either. Really pains me to say it as a Palace man. Can't believe that Nutter Muscat is doing a better job than him.

Sydney looked every bit as skillful as MV and Brisbane..... WSW well they got the right result ... 4-0 to Sydney.

Only 1500 walkups on the day, that surprised me @ 61,800....
It was a fine example of how different the codes are treated. Sure, there are flares brought into the stadium. But there were large queues right up to kick off at the stadium last night as it was single file so they could see who did and didn't have a bag. As if a fan is going to bring a shopping bag of flares in with him. I've been to loads of games at ANZ and it's usually very smooth. Even for a socceroos game.

Anyway, Wanderers are trying to do the same things every season with very different first teams. It's not going to work. Especially with a shaky back four.

On the train home some Sydney FC fans started up a karaoke. A WSW fan started chanting 'you only sing when you're winning'. Sydney FC replied with singing 'You're on the wrong train'. He replied with 'We've come to f**k you're bitches'. It was a funny moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.