Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Irn Bru thread (for serious drinkers only!)

Wikiposts

Irn Bru thread (for serious drinkers only!)

Old Oct 31st 2010, 1:31 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: Irn Bru thread (for serious drinkers only!)

My local IGA has it, $2.49 for 500ml
Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by squeezzii
My local IGA has it, $2.49 for 500ml
I went into my local IGA today, they don't have it arhhhhhhh
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

glaswegianmelburnian is an unknown quantity at this point

This message board has been re-born!

So from reading the recent replies, it is available in suburbs in Perth and Brisbane only at this point?

Anyone seen it anywhere in Melbourne?
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by glaswegianmelburnian
This message board has been re-born!

So from reading the recent replies, it is available in suburbs in Perth and Brisbane only at this point?

Anyone seen it anywhere in Melbourne?
Will check at the local Coles in Cannon Hill later to see if they have it.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wullieb1
Will check at the local Coles in Cannon Hill later to see if they have it.
Dear Jonny

Thanks once again for your enquiries, we are the sole importer and we are working as quick as we can on distribution, it has gone into Cole Warehouse system but not all stores at this moment in time. Woolworths have rejected our first offer, so it won’t be in their stores for some while. Price is around $3.59 retail, can’t comment on what you find expensive, to our thinking $3.59 is reasonable.

Jonny, trust this helps and Merry Christmas.

Regards

John Helm
British Provender Pty Ltd
14 Mordaunt Circuit
Canning Vale WA 6155
PO Box 1783 Canning Vale DC WA 6970
Tel: ++ 61 89256 1555
Fax: ++ 61 89256 2388

That's my first Christmas wishes received!

Coles in Prahran don't have it yet, but then it's a pretty rubbish store.

Last edited by glaswegianmelburnian; Nov 1st 2010 at 7:24 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

inthedeep is an unknown quantity at this point

It's available in Coles :-) I got an e-mail this morning .. You're probably best e-mailing Coles customer services to find out which stores near you are stocking it. 1 litre for $3.59 .. Pricey but beats the imported cans $3 for 330ml

Mmmmm having a glass now .. Delicious!
Old Nov 7th 2010, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Oh and I live in Altona, Melbourne .. So no it's not just Perth and Brisbane where you can get it
Old Nov 7th 2010, 6:59 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Still thoroughly enjoying my Bru here in Cleveland.

They have hunners of the stuff.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

I emailed Coles to find out where I could buy it in NSW. This is the response

Thank you for your email and for your comments regarding the availability of Irn Bru.

Our Merchandise Team constantly reviews our range to ensure we are offering our customers the appropriate choice of products. Regrettably, we are unable to stock every item that our customers require; however, we do endeavour to provide an excellent range and choice at all times.

After receiving your request, we contacted our Merchandise Team and wish to advise that this product has unfortunately been deleted from our range due to poor sales. We are sorry that we are unable to assist you on this occasion and do hope you will accept our apologies for any frustration this may cause you.

Should there be any other products you would like to see at your local store, please feel free to approach your local Coles Store Manager, who will be more than happy to investigate your request.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We look forward to your future custom at Coles.

Yours sincerely
Vicky Carambelas
CUSTOMER CARE CONTACT CENTRE
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tartankoala
I emailed Coles to find out where I could buy it in NSW. This is the response

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo
That response doesn't seem right at all.
It should only have reached NSW last week or this week, so hardly long enough to judge sales.

I'm pretty sure someone at Coles has got mixed up with their information.

I would reply to her and state that Irn Bru was taken off the shelves for the number of months, but has just returned to WA and QLD. There has not been enough time to judge sales as it has recently been re-introduced.

Get her to double check her information.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 1:09 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

The husband won't move if the supply of Bru dries up...
Old Nov 11th 2010, 10:01 am
Just Joined

I was emailed by Coles Customer Care with the same exact email telling me it had been deleted from their range. I replied the following;

Hi Vicky,

With due respect, I have the feeling that you may be mistaken. Irn - Bru was taken off the shelves in December 2009 when local production ceased.

It is now being imported directly from Scotland and has recently (in the last 2 - 3 weeks) been available in Western Australian and Queensland Coles stores for $3.49 for a 1 litre bottle.

It apparently arrived in Melbourne's Altona suburb last week. This is hardly long enough to judge sales figures. If it was being sold in my local Coles (Prahran), I alone would merit the stocking of it (there are thousands of Scottish people living in Australia that would purchase regularly if they were actually able to find it). I have searched the store and it is not there.

I can't see how it could have been deleted from your range before people even knew it had returned.

__________________________________________________ ______________

(Idiot)
Old Nov 12th 2010, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

In fact, Coles Customer Care have no idea what they're talking about, as I just cleared the St Kilda store of their stock today!
Old Nov 12th 2010, 5:43 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glaswegianmelburnian
In fact, Coles Customer Care have no idea what they're talking about, as I just cleared the St Kilda store of their stock today!
Ours in Cleveland have now ran out.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Can't believe the e-mail from coles .. it has sold out in my local store today too Got the last 3 bottles (so sold out in less than a week) .. poor sales my arse! And thats with a very low key (word of mouth) relaunch into the Australian market. Hmphhh, let us know what the response is glaswegian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.