An iPhone Thread

Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:49 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An iPhone Thread

The iPhone Facebook app has been updated and now includes push notifications.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 6:03 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
..and contact sync...which I thought was quite cool...
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:20 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

push notifications, thats a good way to kill your battery life

Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:31 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting me one of these ...

http://www.slashgear.com/parrot-ar-d...ntrol-0567744/
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:59 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
****ing love it.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 11:04 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

as much as I hate the way that apple restricts its users from doing all sorts of stuff on their devices, the iphone is great. Both my brother and sister have one, and it is extremely easy to use, with several extremely useful applications. (had a play with it whilst I was over in the UK for a month recently).

only complaints would be :
a) coverage ... on O2, the signal was dropped out several times even though we were near some fairly large towns. (this probably isn't the iphone's fault though, but I'm not 100% certain).
b) battery life was not that great, obviously this is because the iphone needs a fair bit of power to be the device that it is. Hopefully in future, we will see improvements in battery life for these kind of devices.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

*note* Users of other (inferior) phones who only viewed this thread to have a pop, in order to somehow make up for the inadequacy they feel with regard their mobile phone, naff off, we don't care.

Right. This is a list of the apps on my iPhone. If you have some cool apps please install the software linked on that page and share. Particularly interested in hearing which games people rate.
I think some of this may be aimed at me
Hutch, you were right about the network. Telstra replaced all the sim cards in the phones at work and now everyone's Iphones are making and receiving calls no probs. They didn't actually say what the problem was but obviously not the phones.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:18 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

lol - was thinking the same. Those ****ing terrorists Telstra give me a miserable 150Mb a month. 150Mb!!!!!! Wankers.
As you know, I'm what I would call a heavy Internet user. I have a 100GB Cable service and use most of it, however even though I use the web on my iPhone all the time I only use about 170MB a month!

I am in the tail end of a Melbourne-Sydney-Melbourne drive for which I bought the Sygic GPS app. I think it's excellent frankly. Needs a couple of minor tweaks here and there but generally very good.

I also use Facebook, Echofon (twitter) and a heap of others including a decent SSH client for remote shell scripting and work.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 7:31 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by kporte
I think some of this may be aimed at me
Hutch, you were right about the network. Telstra replaced all the sim cards in the phones at work and now everyone's Iphones are making and receiving calls no probs. They didn't actually say what the problem was but obviously not the phones.
Nah not aimed at you. It's aimed at people who, though they have absolutely **** all to contribute to a thread, still feel the urge to post on it. For instance, "I'm thinking of moving to Sydney, can anyone tell me what's it like?" will inevitably receive several responses along the lines of, "I live in Melbourne and it's great," or, "My sister's third cousin's aunt lived in Sydney between 1964 and 1966 and she hated it. I live in Perth and it's great," or "Sydney sucks, move to Brisbane, it's great!"

Glad your company got the iPhone issue sorted.

Originally Posted by bigAPE
As you know, I'm what I would call a heavy Internet user. I have a 100GB Cable service and use most of it, however even though I use the web on my iPhone all the time I only use about 170MB a month!

I am in the tail end of a Melbourne-Sydney-Melbourne drive for which I bought the Sygic GPS app. I think it's excellent frankly. Needs a couple of minor tweaks here and there but generally very good.

I also use Facebook, Echofon (twitter) and a heap of others including a decent SSH client for remote shell scripting and work.
The problems with that 150Mb cap (or it's $29 'upgrade' to a dizzying 300Mb!!!!1111!!!111001111!!!!) is that as soon as you do anything other than web browsing, you're screwed. Uploads are included in the tarif for instance, so upload to Facebook at your peril.

What do you reckon to the last big Sygic update? Was pretty amazed it changed so much.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 8:54 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Nah not aimed at you. It's aimed at people who, though they have absolutely **** all to contribute to a thread, still feel the urge to post on it. For instance, "I'm thinking of moving to Sydney, can anyone tell me what's it like?" will inevitably receive several responses along the lines of, "I live in Melbourne and it's great," or, "My sister's third cousin's aunt lived in Sydney between 1964 and 1966 and she hated it. I live in Perth and it's great," or "Sydney sucks, move to Brisbane, it's great!"
There was me thinking you were just being incredibly rude for the fun of it?!

Sorry, I must have been mistaken thinking that this forum was about helping and sharing information...silly me.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:15 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by welshviking
There was me thinking you were just being incredibly rude for the fun of it?!

Sorry, I must have been mistaken thinking that this forum was about helping and sharing information...silly me.
Yea, you're right, it is about help and sharing information (in amongst the whinging). But if you'd actually read what I said you'd have realised I was complaining about the exact ****ing opposite. And by the way, thanks for proving my point so eloquently ...
Old Jan 10th 2010, 8:30 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, you're right, it is about help and sharing information (in amongst the whinging). But if you'd actually read what I said you'd have realised I was complaining about the exact ****ing opposite. And by the way, thanks for proving my point so eloquently ...
What, for asking you a decent honest question, twice, in relation to this topic which you seem to know so much about?
Old Jan 10th 2010, 9:53 am
Australia's Doorman

What, for asking you a decent honest question, twice, in relation to this topic which you seem to know so much about?
What question?
Old Jan 10th 2010, 10:27 am
live free or die

Yea, I can get 5Gb for a fairly reasonable fee on Optus down here, but there's sweet F.A. reception round these parts. If you want a 3G connection of any sort in the regions, it's basically Telstra or nothing.
Would you mind telling me the resonable fee? What are the costs if you go over?
What question?
Which after a day of no reply I karma'd it to you, so please don't pretend you didn't see it.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Which after a day of no reply I karma'd it to you, so please don't pretend you didn't see it.
Not everyone checks their karma everyday.Unless you go on your profile you dont see it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.