Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

iPhone 4S vs Samsung S3 ????

iPhone 4S vs Samsung S3 ????

Old Jun 25th 2012, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPhone 4S vs Samsung S3 ????

Originally Posted by renth
Correct, here on British Expats I am formally pronouncing iTunes dead due to Spotify.

I'm also predicting the death of traditional paper newspapers and f**ing shit commercial TV i.e. Channels 9, 10 and 7.

I've been right about loads of things over the years and I'm confident of these predictions too.

Signed

Renthstradamus.
Actually, as much as I like spotify, it won't replace iTunes. Spotify is free music, but it can only (and not completely) replace iTunes if you sign up to it. That means it will probably cost you much more than music ever did. With Spotify, you are renting music. iTunes lets you buy it and keep it. If you have half a brain you can strip the DRM. I believe with recent improvements to iCloud, you'll be able to stream music with iTunes as well.

Spotify's search function isn't that great. Plus, when you buy a delux version album on iTunes you get the extra tracks you won't get on spotify.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 8:17 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I have 200+gig of albums/singles, load itunes & each track is listed multiple times. No prog to sort out duplicates & when I had to reload it they have doubled up again. Same tracks listed 3-4 times.
go to itunes, click on file, click on display duplicates then delete the tracks you dont want
Old Jun 25th 2012, 9:21 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
go to itunes, click on file, click on display duplicates then delete the tracks you dont want
No sh1t Sherlock! You realise how many individual songs that equates to? Over 35,000!!!!!!!!! I'd need a few weeks to do that & I'd rather spend that time more productively than being an unpaid filter for a shitty media system.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:18 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I'd need a few weeks to do that & I'd rather spend that time more productively :.
like what
Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:46 am
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all

I quite like the radio feature on Spotify.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 11:41 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlybird
Me too, I love that, I don't think iTunes does that.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:08 pm
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all

I am generally ok with iTunes but it doesn't have the radio feature. I love how artists that I don't own turn up in Spotify. I think it is a good way to find new favourites.

On the topic of Apple. I have been a user for many years. I don't really like the fanboy or iSheep tag. I wonder if the people who label others this way have ever actually used a Mac. I use them because I find them the best for what I need. Yes on the surface they seem more expensive but I find they last so much longer. My last Macbook lasted 6 years and only stopped working as I stupidly took it apart. Owned an iMac for similar length of time and my current iMac is coming up to the same age. All have been easily updated to the latest system software. My experience of Windows machines through work is that you are lucky to get three years out of them. Having said that they are generally the cheap end of scale but they become very slow very quickly. I also like how the in built software such as iLife integrates nicely. Anyway, I guess it comes down to what we feel most comfortable in using.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:08 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
like what
Like sacrificing Cockerels or playing the banjo on my front verandah or rubbing Aloe Vera into our necks, just normal everyday stuff here in Hicksville
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Get TuneInRadio and BeyondPod apps and you'll get all the music you need.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:38 pm
Living in the mountains

Funny that there is an ad for this iTunes plugin at the bottom of his thread page.
http://www.tuneupmedia.com/?mkwid=cT...FSRKpgoduhAX3A
Old Jun 26th 2012, 2:32 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Fanbois exist for other techs but apple iSheep have taken it to another level of wankerdom. I am posting from an iPhone and have an itampon.
I am generally ok with iTunes but it doesn't have the radio feature. I love how artists that I don't own turn up in Spotify. I think it is a good way to find new favourites.

On the topic of Apple. I have been a user for many years. I don't really like the fanboy or iSheep tag. I wonder if the people who label others this way have ever actually used a Mac. I use them because I find them the best for what I need. Yes on the surface they seem more expensive but I find they last so much longer. My last Macbook lasted 6 years and only stopped working as I stupidly took it apart. Owned an iMac for similar length of time and my current iMac is coming up to the same age. All have been easily updated to the latest system software. My experience of Windows machines through work is that you are lucky to get three years out of them. Having said that they are generally the cheap end of scale but they become very slow very quickly. I also like how the in built software such as iLife integrates nicely. Anyway, I guess it comes down to what we feel most comfortable in using.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 2:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Just 'discovered' it thanks to this thread. It's great - plays stuff that I had forgotten about but love hearing again.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 3:15 am
Living in the mountains

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Just 'discovered' it thanks to this thread. It's great - plays stuff that I had forgotten about but love hearing again.
Pretty cool feature. As you say get to hear things you haven't heard for a while.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

What does it do?
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:31 am
Living in the mountains

Originally Posted by fish.01
What does it do?
If you select an artist then choose 'start radio' it will create a playlist of similar artists. I guess it's a bit like the Genius option in iTunes but the difference is it has artists and albums that you might not already own. (hope that makes sense)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.