Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

iPhone 4S vs Samsung S3 ????

iPhone 4S vs Samsung S3 ????

Old Jun 24th 2012, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPhone 4S vs Samsung S3 ????

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
you could however say that Apple have done in IT what every one has been trying to do ever since the word Enterprise was bandied about....
What's that? Sued every other significant competitor in an attempt to get a monopoly?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

People seem to forget what the mobile phone market was like before the introduction of the iPhone. Apple changed the mobile phone market on its head.

They also did the same with the music market, but that's not for this thread.

Love them or hate them - they lead and others follow.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 7:23 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

They are all at that game.
Originally Posted by roaringmouse
What's that? Sued every other significant competitor in an attempt to get a monopoly?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
People seem to forget what the mobile phone market was like before the introduction of the iPhone. Apple changed the mobile phone market on its head.

Hmmm ... My original blackberry did a pretty good job of that. Apple took those concepts and expanded on it.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:09 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Right, because nobody was there before them...

Apple have good industrial design, good testing, and great marketing - however the main thing they have are the fanbois who will buy anything and proclaim it a great apple innovation, ignoring that in most case they are just copying what others have done - and packaging it well (with that good industrial design).

You can readily tell how myopic they are, due to the lack of calls for apple to get off their fat backsides and deliver a phone with widgets and a decent screen size. No doubt when these are finally copied - those same fanbois will proclaim them great apple innovations.

Ho hum.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

And with cellphones, they are now following.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
And with cellphones, they are now following.
.... And Samsung make the i-phone screen
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Think you hit the nail on the head there. The home work thing is certainly not a clear division in my world, therefore the only Apple gadget allowed in my house is Mrs Beoz's i-phone.
My iMac runs windows better than my PC Out of the box you can boot into windows natively or with Parallels run windows apps side by side with Mac apps in a window launched from the Mac OS dock like any other Mac app.

Being a windows software developer I used to be a exclusive windows PC user who also bought phone/pda's on highest specs ie biggest screen size, most this, fastest that....then I chucked them all in the drawer...I buy on integrated functionality now and use all my home kit much more since, relatively recently, switching to apple...very useful connection of mac, tablet, phone, stereo, network, streaming devices, software and services. The whole package is outstanding.

Last edited by fish.01; Jun 24th 2012 at 11:37 am.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I got the S3 two weeks ago and what a hoot. Great for watching video on the crystal clear 4.8 inch screen - I don't really need a tablet now - and it's so light and thin you hardly feel it in your pocket. Depending on the version, you can expand the memory up to 128 gb, and it's very, very fast. Battery life is pretty decent as well, although that's still the weak spot for all smart phones.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

chazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Dear god, Apple discussions are going the way of discussions on religion and politics. They're only phones ffs, some people like Apple products, some people don't. Calm yourselves!
LOL, i wonder if they will start getting banned.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:42 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a hater of all i products [i-tunes aside], I'd love a mac, can't justify the exorbitant cost of one though.
I have a Samsung Galaxy, it's great, I bought a 32 gig SD card loaded it up with songs/albums & can hook it up to my site radio via a 3.5mm jack. Phone auto answers while I'm tiling so no more running for the phone or losing time chatting.
Much better than the old i-pod in terms of simplicity.
I don't have to deal with i-tunes ever again. I loathe i-tunes if ever there was a seriously ****ed up system to catalogue media it's i-tunes. I have 200+gig of albums/singles, load itunes & each track is listed multiple times. No prog to sort out duplicates & when I had to reload it they have doubled up again. Same tracks listed 3-4 times.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I'm not a hater of all i products [i-tunes aside], I'd love a mac, can't justify the exorbitant cost of one though.
I have a Samsung Galaxy, it's great, I bought a 32 gig SD card loaded it up with songs/albums & can hook it up to my site radio via a 3.5mm jack. Phone auto answers while I'm tiling so no more running for the phone or losing time chatting.
Much better than the old i-pod in terms of simplicity.
I don't have to deal with i-tunes ever again. I loathe i-tunes if ever there was a seriously ****ed up system to catalogue media it's i-tunes. I have 200+gig of albums/singles, load itunes & each track is listed multiple times. No prog to sort out duplicates & when I had to reload it they have doubled up again. Same tracks listed 3-4 times.
Of all the things that are wrong with the cult of Apple, itunes is the worst. A terrible system that only benefits one entity - Apple.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:18 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Of all the things that are wrong with the cult of Apple, itunes is the worst. A terrible system that only benefits one entity - Apple.
Correct, here on British Expats I am formally pronouncing iTunes dead due to Spotify.

I'm also predicting the death of traditional paper newspapers and f**ing shit commercial TV i.e. Channels 9, 10 and 7.

I've been right about loads of things over the years and I'm confident of these predictions too.

Signed

Renthstradamus.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 2:10 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by renth
Correct, here on British Expats I am formally pronouncing iTunes dead due to Spotify.

I'm also predicting the death of traditional paper newspapers and f**ing shit commercial TV i.e. Channels 9, 10 and 7.

I've been right about loads of things over the years and I'm confident of these predictions too.

Signed

Renthstradamus.
I hear you brother - mainstream TV and satellite is f**ked.

I'm working from home today and currently listening to some bitching '80s indie music on Spotify - 'are you walking on your hands' A prize to whoever can tell me who sings this
Old Jun 25th 2012, 2:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you brother - mainstream TV and satellite is f**ked.

I'm working from home today and currently listening to some bitching '80s indie music on Spotify - 'are you walking on your hands' A prize to whoever can tell me who sings this
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, thanks Google!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.