Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

iPhone 4S vs Samsung S3 ????

iPhone 4S vs Samsung S3 ????

Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: iPhone 4S vs Samsung S3 ????

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I do.

If you want a real phone, buy a Samsung
If you want a fashion accessory, buy an iphone
How do you girls carry your Notes around in your handbags without scratching the tv screen on the front of it? My girlfriend wants one as apparently it's the latest female accessory, but I'm concerned she'll ruin it.

Do you have any suggestions for the males among us that don't have a handbag to put these huge phones in?
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
How do you girls carry your Notes around in your handbags without scratching the tv screen on the front of it? My girlfriend wants one as apparently it's the latest female accessory, but I'm concerned she'll ruin it.

Do you have any suggestions for the males among us that don't have a handbag to put these huge phones in?

It fits in ones pocket... it's designed too. It comes with a leather cover, so no chance of the screen getting scratched. As the line blurs between phone use, social contactablilty and Net access Blurs, The demand for larger screens will grow. I'd say my next phone will have a flexible screen which will probably be bigger than the Note. After being out of the Mobile Phone owning market for at least 10 years, it took something exceptional to entice me back. The Note fits that bill perfectly.

Are you saying you wouldn't like a larger screen.... Even with the flexible ones on the technological horizon ?
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

If I could fold it up to the size of a Nokia 8210 yes. There's no need for a screen bigger than that of the iPhone, even that is too big. We really don't have to have a 5inch LCD in our pockets to survive the ten minute bus journey lol.

Anyway, this is far too off topic lol. I apologise.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

If I could fold it up to the size of a Nokia 8210 yes. There's no need for a screen bigger than that of the iPhone, even that is too big. We really don't have to have a 5inch LCD in our pockets to survive the ten minute bus journey lol.

Anyway, this is far too off topic lol. I apologise.
You may not.... I do.... I talk to my Parents and other UK family on Skype, whilst at work on Night shift. It also doubles at a Brilliant Sat Nav., which is something I meant to purchase ages ago.... Great for sharing video. I barely use it as a phone actually.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 11:52 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Most Android users know and understand what an iphone is, and made a concious decision to go Android. Most iphone users don't.

Frankly the i products are for those that don't really know that much about IT and want something simplistic and fashionable. Those that do have a clue rapidly get fed up with the apple straight jacket of "you're not allowed to do that", and that is why they go Android/Linux/etc. - the freedom to do what they want and not hit the garden wall.

Plus, of course, they don't get hit by the apple tax.
Bloody hell fella you talk some shite...
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

scott95 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would vouch for the iphone only by means of ease of use and customer service

if anything goes wrong you can gaurantee that it will be sorted with asap
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

chazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nice

Both are very good phones you will be please with whichever you chose, the apple will have a higher second hand value and give you street cred.

Buy the one that is cheaper.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 9:33 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

My 3 year old MacBook has never crashed or locked up.
My 3 month old Macbook Pro, is a pain in the butt, frequent "Beachballs" and I regularly have to reboot by holding in the power button.

I think it's a software thing, Lion is a sack of shit IMO and I donth think it gets on with the Sohpos AV that I'm required to use.

Also the new massive track pad is really hard to do right clicks on.

I'd still rather have it than a Windows PC though...
Old Jun 24th 2012, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Most Android users know and understand what an iphone is, and made a concious decision to go Android. Most iphone users don't.

Frankly the i products are for those that don't really know that much about IT and want something simplistic and fashionable. Those that do have a clue rapidly get fed up with the apple straight jacket of "you're not allowed to do that", and that is why they go Android/Linux/etc. - the freedom to do what they want and not hit the garden wall.

Plus, of course, they don't get hit by the apple tax.
Well put Garry. Grandparents smart phone
Old Jun 24th 2012, 12:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear god, Apple discussions are going the way of discussions on religion and politics. They're only phones ffs, some people like Apple products, some people don't. Calm yourselves!
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:43 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
My 3 month old Macbook Pro, is a pain in the butt, frequent "Beachballs" and I regularly have to reboot by holding in the power button.

I think it's a software thing, Lion is a sack of shit IMO and I donth think it gets on with the Sohpos AV that I'm required to use.

Also the new massive track pad is really hard to do right clicks on.

I'd still rather have it than a Windows PC though...
get a child to work it for you
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:44 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Dear god, Apple discussions are going the way of discussions on religion and politics. They're only phones ffs, some people like Apple products, some people don't. Calm yourselves!
well said Pen!
Old Jun 24th 2012, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Tech discussions get passionate. People spend a lot of time and money investing in their choice, whether it be a phone, operating system, tablet, software, etc. This is nothing .... you should see some of the heated discussions around the competiting software I work with. We have people that dedicate their whole careers to one vendor. When that vendor starts to slide, which naturally happens in the circles of tech, you should see the passions rise.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Well put Garry. Grandparents smart phone
I thought that Gerry's explanation was the standard response in some circles....you could however say that Apple have done in IT what every one has been trying to do ever since the word Enterprise was bandied about....
Old Jun 24th 2012, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Tech discussions get passionate. People spend a lot of time and money investing in their choice, whether it be a phone, operating system, tablet, software, etc. This is nothing .... you should see some of the heated discussions around the competiting software I work with. We have people that dedicate their whole careers to one vendor. When that vendor starts to slide, which naturally happens in the circles of tech, you should see the passions rise.
It can be effing tedious.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.