Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

iPhone 4S vs Samsung S3 ????

iPhone 4S vs Samsung S3 ????

Old Jun 22nd 2012, 12:47 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPhone 4S vs Samsung S3 ????

apple for me. spent years with window until i was at a mates house. one shot of his mac and i was a changed man.
my son hates apple but i think its become a bit like the car think in australia
apple v android - ford holden
lotta shite if you ask me.
i have changed everything in the house to apple. not because i want into a cult. just because it all speaks to each other.
everything controlled from my phone!
i might not me moving with the times or up to speed with the latest zing!
but it all works fantastic.

pauline asked me to dig the old pc out of the shed because she cant use the mac for somethings she needs for work

after about 2 mins (2 photos on BE lol) i gave up
cant use the thing
its far too slow. how did i ever put up with it
its like going back to dial up lol

my lad keeps asking me things like
can your phone do this or can your phone do that? with a big fkn smirk on his face

no it cant, but i dont really want it to. i want it to do what i need it to do!

works fantastic for me!

would i say to you to buy an iphone
nah, it might not do what you need it to do
buy whatever you like
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Sorry, but I don't get the cult of Apple. Never have, never will.
Never mind, come to my house and you will walk out an iSheeple guaranteed
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
pauline asked me to dig the old pc out of the shed because she cant use the mac for somethings she needs for work
Think you hit the nail on the head there. The home work thing is certainly not a clear division in my world, therefore the only Apple gadget allowed in my house is Mrs Beoz's i-phone.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 2:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Think you hit the nail on the head there. The home work thing is certainly not a clear division in my world, therefore the only Apple gadget allowed in my house is Mrs Beoz's i-phone.
Have to be honest, there's a plus about the I family - where everything talks to each other. And I would seriously consider a mac as a casual family home computer.

Still not a massive fan of Apple.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 3:57 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
i dont use the computer for work though, so i dont care
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 4:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Have to be honest, there's a plus about the I family - where everything talks to each other. And I would seriously consider a mac as a casual family home computer.

Still not a massive fan of Apple.
i have an android tab (given to me by my daughter) cant stand the thing
the only plus is I use it as a remote for my mac. I can sit and watch the telly and use my mac at the same time
to be honest i dont watch the telly, I sit out the back and use it.
great app
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 4:06 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

All you lot going on about isheeple.....you forget that Apple set the benchmark and continue to do so.

So would'nt you say all the other manufacturers are following what Apple do ???
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 4:19 am
Master of verbal pish©

my son has just bought the 3s, sent it back after a few days because the camera didnt work.
my daughter has just called to say she has just bought one.
im delighted. I had the iphone, shes passing on the 4s to me tonight
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 4:29 am
Master of verbal pish©

New Apple Product!!!!!!

Apple does it again!
Apple announced today that it has developed
a breast implant that can store and play music..
The iTit will cost from $499 to $699, depending
on cup and speaker size.. This is considered a
major social breakthrough because women are
always complaining about men staring at their
tits and not listening to them.

stole this from Biggy lol
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

If you want a phone, get anything but the Samsung S3 or Note. Who wants to carry something that big around in their pocket?

You have to laugh at people slagging Apple and not understanding the Apple cult. Many of the Apple cult probably don't understand the cult of people that have to moan about Apple products for some reason.

If you don't like or can't afford Apple products, there's no need to go on the internet and make excuses about why other products are 'better' (when quite often not).

Apple products cost more. My 3 year old MacBook has never crashed or locked up. My Windows PC does it weekly. When you buy an Apple computer, you are paying for hardware and software that has been designed to work in harmony. When you buy a generic HP, Dell, Acer etc PC, they just shove on the latest version of Windows, that it designed to work as well as possible on a multitude of hardware platforms.
It's the same with the iPhone. Android is open, and you can tweak settings, but then you can also do things like delete the installed keyboard (which my girlfriend managed) and was then stuck not being able type anything.

I have an iPhone, but wouldn't discount a HTC phone running on Android, but I've yet to find a phone apart from the iPhone that seamlessly connects to my Macbook, TV, sound system and car without the need for wires. Well my car needs a lead, but it doesn't have Android connectivity, just iPod connectivity.

Try both phones and buy what suits you. Don't discount a phone because some people spend their lives trying to compensate for trying to justify making a wrong purchase.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 5:52 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

If you use the right drivers Windows is normally rock solid. Dell, HP etc stick too much bloat ware on board and you are already suffering. I avoid vendor bloat wate where possible and stick with W7 drivers unless something is wrong. Microsoft are on to this and are now selling bloat free in the US.

We will see what MS come up with in the surface and RT products.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 6:07 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
If you want a phone, get anything but the Samsung S3 or Note. Who wants to carry something that big around in their pocket?
I do.

If you want a real phone, buy a Samsung
If you want a fashion accessory, buy an iphone
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Someone who has just splashed out on a $800 dock will be happy to know this.
Come on. You can't blame apple for someone splashing out $800 on a stereo which is compatible with their iPhone. Plus, there will be adapters.

Sounds like you got stung before on something like this and want someone to blame.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 6:57 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

I do.

If you want a real phone, buy a Samsung
If you want a fashion accessory, buy an iphone
We should do a poll:

How many have bought an android phone and wished they'd bought an iPhone v iPhone buyers who wished they'd bought an android...

Bet you would be surprised....
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:11 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
We should do a poll:

How many have bought an android phone and wished they'd bought an iPhone v iPhone buyers who wished they'd bought an android...

Bet you would be surprised....
Most Android users know and understand what an iphone is, and made a concious decision to go Android. Most iphone users don't.

Frankly the i products are for those that don't really know that much about IT and want something simplistic and fashionable. Those that do have a clue rapidly get fed up with the apple straight jacket of "you're not allowed to do that", and that is why they go Android/Linux/etc. - the freedom to do what they want and not hit the garden wall.

Plus, of course, they don't get hit by the apple tax.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.