Insanity has hit...

Old Dec 1st 2006, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Insanity has hit...

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
What an utterly pukka looking pad!
Fingers crossed for you!
Gonna have to get us a place with an open fire when we move to Oz...something soooooo relaxing about them in the winter!
Good luck!

Thanks fluffy... Fingers crossed the pukka pad can be ours.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:32 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Insanity has hit...

Originally Posted by iPom
Guys, isn't it beautiful? There's going to be a bit of road noise from trucks, but we don't care. In time, the highway is going to be diverted anyway, so the traffic will go another route, but oh my god! Can't hear the road inside anyway.

I never thought we could even afford such a beautiful house, but it's been on the market for 5 years! At first very overpriced... now it's a better price but there's work to be done so we've had to put in an offer to reflect that.
They're thinking about the offer overnight, disappointed that it's lower than they want, saying 'Oh, but we've already lowered the price considerably' but that's just their perception. It was massively overpriced at first so they're looking at that imaginary number and feeling sad about it.

We've got a bit of wriggle room on the price, but not that much. We'll see, eh?
And judging by the size of the bath, you'll also have a bit of wriggle room for that naked man from the hallway.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:37 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Ipom..........Its beautiful and full of character just like you
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

I've just made an offer on a house waaaaaay up the mountains, but look at it... It's so jaw dropping, I didn't even care it's just off the highway (you can't hear the road noise in the house anyway) ... It's on an acre of land, backing into bush and I am absolutely in love with it. We either said we'd build something incredibly modern or we'd have to get something with fabulous character...
So here we are!

Absolutely stunning. Afraid not our cup of tea but beauty has to be appreciated. Did an old couple live in it previously
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:44 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Ipom - what did I say to you last night??? I told you 'the one' would come along soon!!! I'm sooo pleased you've found it...I have everything crossed for you. I know exactly how you're feeling...I had exactly the same feeling when I bought my place....you just *have* to have it. I know you have to be prepared to walk away..but it's hard when you know you've found 'it'.

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

What a gorgeous place - that's my kind of house, too. You can never have enough bookshelves, in my opinion. Looks like a lovely, rambling place with heaps of room for kids to run around in.

Bugger any work that's needed. And who'd want a McMansion when you can have a genuine bullnose veranda?

Hope you get it!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
And judging by the size of the bath, you'll also have a bit of wriggle room for that naked man from the hallway.
I can't imagine what you mean!

Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Issie
Good luck Ipom..........Its beautiful and full of character just like you
Oh Issie, you are a sweetheart.

I love your avatar!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by framac
Absolutely stunning. Afraid not our cup of tea but beauty has to be appreciated. Did an old couple live in it previously

i wouldn't call them old - they're in their mid 50's. They've just chosen very 'heritage' colours for the house... and I suppose they're comfy given they've been there for a long time. They're French and came to Aus in the '60's. Had the house since then. I think they got it for not so much money back then, so I'm hoping they'll accept our offer as even given inflation, they'll be making quite a sum on it.
I know what you mean though... you kind of expect a dotty professor to live there or something, don't you!?!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by artep
Ipom - what did I say to you last night??? I told you 'the one' would come along soon!!! I'm sooo pleased you've found it...I have everything crossed for you. I know exactly how you're feeling...I had exactly the same feeling when I bought my place....you just *have* to have it. I know you have to be prepared to walk away..but it's hard when you know you've found 'it'.

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know! You were SO right!

Fingers X'd. Our last house was similar, in that because it needed work, people couldn't see past the Rupert bear yellow walls and ceilings to its potential. I think it's the same here, and that the position of the house plus the kitchen issue puts most people off... but we can see what it could be.
If we get it, no doubt the decor would change anyway, as tastes are different, but I'd love to find out what heritage colours are available and what it would have looked like back in its heyday.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nickyc
...who'd want a McMansion when you can have a genuine bullnose veranda?

Hope you get it!

McMansions.... <shudder>

Thanks nicky.

Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:25 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I know! You were SO right!

Fingers X'd. Our last house was similar, in that because it needed work, people couldn't see past the Rupert bear yellow walls and ceilings to its potential. I think it's the same here, and that the position of the house plus the kitchen issue puts most people off... but we can see what it could be.
If we get it, no doubt the decor would change anyway, as tastes are different, but I'd love to find out what heritage colours are available and what it would have looked like back in its heyday.
When you've finished with this house it's gonna look even more FAB...because you can see just what potential it has...I look forward to seeing the work in progess!!!!!!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by artep
When you've finished with this house it's gonna look even more FAB...because you can see just what potential it has...I look forward to seeing the work in progess!!!!!!
No counting chickens yet... gotta get them to say 'yes' first! But yes, it's such a lovely house already.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

i wouldn't call them old - they're in their mid 50's. They've just chosen very 'heritage' colours for the house... and I suppose they're comfy given they've been there for a long time. They're French and came to Aus in the '60's. Had the house since then. I think they got it for not so much money back then, so I'm hoping they'll accept our offer as even given inflation, they'll be making quite a sum on it.
I know what you mean though... you kind of expect a dotty professor to live there or something, don't you!?!
Where they film an American horror film
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by framac
Where they film an American horror film

Funny you should say that, because as we were walking down the hall, I said 'Wow, this would be a perfect location for a film....'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.