Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant

Wikiposts

The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant

Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:11 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant

Originally Posted by Luma
It was very sad but amazing how through hope and courage what people can endure.
But enough about the poor viewing audience ... what about the characters in the show?

Old Apr 17th 2006, 11:35 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

*cough* Sod Mary! Did anyone not notice the hubby
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:04 am
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

does anyone know what happened to her after she went back to Cornwall??
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:08 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hevs
oooh yes velly nice indeed
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparks124
I think the footnote said she never remarried and lived like a bit of a recluse...
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by possoms
oooh yes velly nice indeed
Thank god! Thought you girls had all gone blind
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant

Originally Posted by possoms
Thank you Vash, I watched the second half and was so willing them not to get caught even thought I knew they did

The look on the Aborigines faces when they hanged that young lad, and they called them savages!!!

A very sad story but thoroughly enjoyed it
Me too i would have cried buckets if OH hadn't been there i felt so sad for her losing everything. It was the kids dying and released to the sea that had me going.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:16 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
It was the kids dying and released to the sea that had me going.
I blubbed like the big girl i am at that bit
Old Apr 18th 2006, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Me too i would have cried buckets if OH hadn't been there i felt so sad for her losing everything. It was the kids dying and released to the sea that had me going.
had me going -wiped the eyes a few times
and yes will was worth looking at too
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:38 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebraH
had me going -wiped the eyes a few times
and yes will was worth looking at too
I agree, such sensual blow-job lips I've not seen since the sister-in-law left for Edinburgh.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparks124
No, at the back of the book "Remember me" by Lesley Pearse (which is a story based on the facts about Mary) she says:

"Sadly, nothing is known of what happened to Mary after returning home to Fowey." Apparently she collected an annuity from Rev John Baron (on behalf of James Boswell), "but there are no records of marriages, births or even deaths that set her firmly in Fowey."

its a good book and now I'm waiting for amazon to deliver -To brave every danger by Judith Cook which is about Mary Bryant
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:24 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs

I wouldn't have kicked him out of bed for the officer even for my kids future :scared:
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:39 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hevs - lol......im with you on that - he was very...um....tasty
buttockup - a very observant, and if i may say, accurate, description of his mouth

i thought i read that mary bryant remarried when she returned to cornwall and had another child, but basically just faded from the public eye - as you would back in 1790s britain