Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Immigration Insanity

Wikiposts

Immigration Insanity

Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:36 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Insanity

Originally Posted by glittababe
being all virgin and angel like with glittery, sparkly wings I couldn't possibly compare Actually, no....the sense of deflation is exactly the same! You kinda think "ok well that visa thingy's in my passport, what next?" So you get tapping away on BE and find out you've actually got to REALLY move? Can you believe it? By the time it's sunk in your OH has booked the container, emptied the house of furniture, packed your suitcase and is pushing you out of the door to catch the flight I just stand in the middle of this whirlwind of activity watching everyone rush by. My dad always said I'm in constant state of denial............

Well all I can say is that Gordon the cat is making his plans now. Jesus it will cost us 1,500 grand approx to ship and quarantine him.

But when I hoovered him up this morning with a Dyson (yes really, he loves it), he looked so sweet, so fat and so very ginger, I just sighed and resigned myself that the Ginger Destroyer of all things towelling, will have to come.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:38 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't we all got a bit of a head start on the insanity trail though?

I am sure no sane person would want to put themselves through so much trauma, over and over again like we are all doing.

I thought the wait for the Skills Assessment to be completed was bad, then we had to get it sent off and wait for the result :scared:

Then all the hassle associated with filling in the applications form, and because we are going on the family sponsored route, we had to make sure they other party filled their form in and sent it to us, so we could include it with our application. Then we double and triple checked everything and sent it off.

Actually getting DHL to collect it was a nightmare I wish to forget! And now 4 months plus later, we are STILL waiting for a CO to be assigned.

I had the meds booked for next week, but something cropped up and have rescheduled for just before Easter, and at this rate we may still not have a CO.

Then we have to wait for the AOS to have an interview, and the bond to be lodged ($5000).

So instead of us hoping to go in the school hols it could be anytime up to and beyond Christmas.

By that time I am confidently expecting to be in the local secure unit :scared:

I feel like I have lost the plot most days, oh well, got to keep feeding the weasels in my head :scared:
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ub40fan

I am sure no sane person would want to put themselves through so much trauma, over and over again like we are all doing.

I thought the wait for the Skills Assessment to be completed was bad, then we had to get it sent off and wait for the result :scared:

Then all the hassle associated with filling in the applications form, and because we are going on the family sponsored route, we had to make sure they other party filled their form in and sent it to us, so we could include it with our application. Then we double and triple checked everything and sent it off.

Actually getting DHL to collect it was a nightmare I wish to forget! And now 4 months plus later, we are STILL waiting for a CO to be assigned.

I had the meds booked for next week, but something cropped up and have rescheduled for just before Easter, and at this rate we may still not have a CO.

Then we have to wait for the AOS to have an interview, and the bond to be lodged ($5000).

So instead of us hoping to go in the school hols it could be anytime up to and beyond Christmas.

I feel like I have lost the plot most days, oh well, got to keep feeding the weasels in my head :scared:
good luck UB40 fan all will come good in the end
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:24 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Sue and Paul should start a section headed The BE Hospital for DIMIA window lickers and I will be one of the first patients.

We shall sit in chairs all day and rock back and forth whilst clutching our forms.

JAJ shall spoon feed us soft diet and we shall smile vacantly.

Then when one of us gets our visa, one of the agents either George or Alan, will gently come and lead us away with the aid of two nurses.

We shall then be taken to another room, where we can cry over said visa and be put in a straight jacket.

There will be various rooms we can be put in depending on what we are stressing about. Houses, Jobs, Kids, Family, you name it, there will be a room for it.

Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I think Sue and Paul should start a section headed The BE Hospital for DIMIA window lickers and I will be one of the first patients.

We shall sit in chairs all day and rock back and forth whilst clutching our forms.

JAJ shall spoon feed us soft diet and we shall smile vacantly.

Then when one of us gets our visa, one of the agents either George or Alan, will gently come and lead us away with the aid of two nurses.

We shall then be taken to another room, where we can cry over said visa and be put in a straight jacket.

There will be various rooms we can be put in depending on what we are stressing about. Houses, Jobs, Kids, Family, you name it, there will be a room for it.

thats a fabulous idea........stick me in the room of denial please!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:28 am

thats a fabulous idea........stick me in the room of denial please!

OK, and we shall all wear Tena Lady pads so we can urinate ourselves when distressed.

I worked in an old peoples ward once where the woman would throw her turd across the room and it would stick to the wall.

But we wont do that.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I worked in an old peoples ward once where the woman would throw her turd across the room and it would stick to the wall.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

OK, and we shall all wear Tena Lady pads so we can urinate ourselves when distressed.

But we wont do that.
or maybe the huge tena universal pads and net knickers? Available in a choice of 3 colours, blue - small, yellow - medium and green - extra large or night time absorbant.

I'd like my padded cell to be gentle shades of pink and liac, I want sequins and diamontes. I want to see it camper that Dancing on Ice! A continuous recording should be played "you ARE going to australia, theres no place like home" then i shall tap my ruby red slippers together and awaken to the reality's of life.....sod that, I want to stay in my cell!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:41 am

or maybe the huge tena universal pads and net knickers? Available in a choice of 3 colours, blue - small, yellow - medium and green - extra large or night time absorbant.

I'd like my padded cell to be gentle shades of pink and liac, I want sequins and diamontes. I want to see it camper that Dancing on Ice! A continuous recording should be played "you ARE going to australia, theres no place like home" then i shall tap my ruby red slippers together and awaken to the reality's of life.....sod that, I want to stay in my cell!
I want to shave off John Howards monobrow.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

I want to shave off John Howards monobrow.
i've got a rusty bic you can use? he might get some nasty skin infection tho - do you want to risk it?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:45 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

But we wont do that.
please can i be a patient in the
stressed about selling properties ward
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steve`o
is that the ward done out like playschool with the round, square and circle windows?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 4:51 am

Yes you can, but drink something first so you can dribble.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 5:05 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, I haven't got to that bit yet have I?

That and sorting out tranpsort for our stuff, and the cats. And flight for us.

Schools for the kids

Job for hubby.

And because I am the one who "organises" LOL I get to do 90% of it, yay

OMG Sam how quick can you have a padded cell ready? Can you have vodka coming out of the taps instead of water please?

And of course all rooms should have an internet connection so we can keep in touch with the other "inmates".

Oh dear, need a lie down in a dark now where I can gibber away to myself in peace

C
Old Feb 6th 2006, 5:09 am

OMG, I haven't got to that bit yet have I?

That and sorting out tranpsort for our stuff, and the cats. And flight for us.

Schools for the kids

Job for hubby.

And because I am the one who "organises" LOL I get to do 90% of it, yay

OMG Sam how quick can you have a padded cell ready? Can you have vodka coming out of the taps instead of water please?

And of course all rooms should have an internet connection so we can keep in touch with the other "inmates".

Oh dear, need a lie down in a dark now where I can gibber away to myself in peace

C

I am going to get myself a T shirt with George Lombards face on it.

Im dreading my medicals actually, so there will be a room for that as well. I was reading about some poor guy that found out in his medical he had HIV. Can you imagine that?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.