Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Immigration Insanity

Wikiposts

Immigration Insanity

Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Immigration Insanity

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
More forms (gulp)

(starts rocking and making strange sounds)
he he sent me a bit like that. cant wait to get on the bloomin plane, then let the insanity really begin, BRING IT ON!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:58 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lawlaw
he he sent me a bit like that. cant wait to get on the bloomin plane, then let the insanity really begin, BRING IT ON!

Do you think they have 'special' places for us when we arrive in Australia.

Places that involve hand painting, high doses of medication and T shirts to wear saying 'DIMIA club'?

Will we be taken out on trips on a special bus where we will be expected to shoulder bite and lick windows and urinate yourself at least once?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Do you think they have 'special' places for us when we arrive in Australia.

Places that involve hand painting, high doses of medication and T shirts to wear saying 'DIMIA club'?

Will we be taken out on trips on a special bus where we will be expected to shoulder bite and lick windows and urinate yourself at least once?
Ha ha, probably, I am so suprised I have not been put in a special place here.

It will all be worth it all in the long run, Im getting a tad emotional now, its all getting a bit near.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:04 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha, probably, I am so suprised I have not been put in a special place here.

It will all be worth it all in the long run, Im getting a tad emotional now, its all getting a bit near.

It seems along way off for me though.

Although I reckon our forms will go off end of this week or beginning of next. We are waiting on a document from abroad to arrive.

Hubby does his english test next month, yep, seems ages away.

I have no doubts though on how emotionally hard it gets nearer the time.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

It seems along way off for me though.

Although I reckon our forms will go off end of this week or beginning of next. We are waiting on a document from abroad to arrive.

Hubby does his english test next month, yep, seems ages away.

I have no doubts though on how emotionally hard it gets nearer the time.

Trust me PP your time will come, the time just flies by, it seems ages away and then bang your nearly there.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:09 am

Trust me PP your time will come, the time just flies by, it seems ages away and then bang your nearly there.

I cant imagine it.

We have enough points for STNI but feel that if my husband can improve his English pass mark, then we can apply for skilled ind.

Trouble is, his English is excellent, its just it was a bad time to sit it (recent bad news) and nerves got the better of him.

All your English and communication skills are summed up in that test I suppose, its one hell of a task. Even native English people have sat it and got a 7 or 8 band score.

Then his character check will take ages as hes foreign.

But, Im trusting you that it happens quickly.

And then I can become a fully paid up member of the 'Window Licking and Shoulder Biting Club Supreme' which you can only get when you have your visa.

Pissing your pants comes later.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

I cant imagine it.

We have enough points for STNI but feel that if my husband can improve his English pass mark, then we can apply for skilled ind.

Trouble is, his English is excellent, its just it was a bad time to sit it (recent bad news) and nerves got the better of him.

All your English and communication skills are summed up in that test I suppose, its one hell of a task. Even native English people have sat it and got a 7 or 8 band score.

Then his character check will take ages as hes foreign.

But, Im trusting you that it happens quickly.

And then I can become a fully paid up member of the 'Window Licking and Shoulder Biting Club Supreme' which you can only get when you have your visa.

Pissing your pants comes later.
well good luck with it all, I must admit it was a little easier for us, my hubbie just needed a spouse visa as im an aussie passport holder.

youll get there, try to chill out and put non australia days aside, thats what me and ste did in the end cos it was driving us soo loopy.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:15 am

well good luck with it all, I must admit it was a little easier for us, my hubbie just needed a spouse visa as im an aussie passport holder.

youll get there, try to chill out and put non australia days aside, thats what me and ste did in the end cos it was driving us soo loopy.

Im trying to write a story, but cant seem to get beyond the first paragraph.

The idea is in my head but it wont come out.

I shall write on BE instead.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Im trying to write a story, but cant seem to get beyond the first paragraph.

The idea is in my head but it wont come out.

I shall write on BE instead.
well I need entertaining, killing time, its my last week at work. shall look forward to your musings
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:20 am

well I need entertaining, killing time, its my last week at work. shall look forward to your musings

Thats if I get it down. The idea and storyline is bashing my head to be let out, I have characters and everything.

But I just cant do it, yet I can write utter rubbish on here.

I might go and take a break and come back to it.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

my sister swore blind she found me rocking in a corner like a Romanian orphan! I can only describe our visa process like doing the hurdles, you just never know if you're going to get over the next one, and when you do more of the buggers pop up to try and trip you!

Glad it's over, funny, when you eventually get that little sticker in your passport, you kinda wonder what all the fuss was about?
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by glittababe
my sister swore blind she found me rocking in a corner like a Romanian orphan! I can only describe our visa process like doing the hurdles, you just never know if you're going to get over the next one, and when you do more of the buggers pop up to try and trip you!

Glad it's over, funny, when you eventually get that little sticker in your passport, you kinda wonder what all the fuss was about?

Is it comparable to sex glittababe? Alot of fumbling, moaning and even screaming at times.

Alot of foreplay as you try so hard to push your documents into something that is far too small and really needs a bigger envelope than A4.

And when that beautiful visa is given to you, you think 'Oh you were not really as good as I thought, pass me a cigarette?'
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Is it comparable to sex glittababe? Alot of fumbling, moaning and even screaming at times.

Alot of foreplay as you try so hard to push your documents into something that is far too small and really needs a bigger envelope than A4.

And when that beautiful visa is given to you, you think 'Oh you were not really as good as I thought, pass me a cigarette?'

Ha, it is kind of like that although I dont think I would like a bigger envelope :scared:
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

being all virgin and angel like with glittery, sparkly wings I couldn't possibly compare Actually, no....the sense of deflation is exactly the same! You kinda think "ok well that visa thingy's in my passport, what next?" So you get tapping away on BE and find out you've actually got to REALLY move? Can you believe it? By the time it's sunk in your OH has booked the container, emptied the house of furniture, packed your suitcase and is pushing you out of the door to catch the flight I just stand in the middle of this whirlwind of activity watching everyone rush by. My dad always said I'm in constant state of denial............
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
being all virgin and angel like with glittery, sparkly wings I couldn't possibly compare Actually, no....the sense of deflation is exactly the same! You kinda think "ok well that visa thingy's in my passport, what next?" So you get tapping away on BE and find out you've actually got to REALLY move? Can you believe it? By the time it's sunk in your OH has booked the container, emptied the house of furniture, packed your suitcase and is pushing you out of the door to catch the flight I just stand in the middle of this whirlwind of activity watching everyone rush by. My dad always said I'm in constant state of denial............

LOL.
When your OH finished at your house send him round here to do mine will you. My OH thinks that everything just sorts itself out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.