I'm freezing

Old May 9th 2011, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm freezing

I have never been so cold in England as I am here, barring a few stints of playground duty in sub zero temperatures.

Here, there is precious little insulation, heating or double glazing, and I sit in long sleeved t-shirt, fleece, padded gilet and a hot wheatpack, drinking ovaltine or hot choc in a vain attempt to keep warm. Then I go outside and find it is 68 degrees in the sun!!! Why is my house SOOOOO cold????
Old May 9th 2011, 6:23 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I have never been so cold in England as I am here, barring a few stints of playground duty in sub zero temperatures.

Here, there is precious little insulation, heating or double glazing, and I sit in long sleeved t-shirt, fleece, padded gilet and a hot wheatpack, drinking ovaltine or hot choc in a vain attempt to keep warm. Then I go outside and find it is 68 degrees in the sun!!! Why is my house SOOOOO cold????
I've never been as cold as I was in the UK last December. First day back went outside; it was -2 but much colder in the wind. I was back inside within an hour. I can't hack that sort of cold any more.
Old May 9th 2011, 7:59 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!!! Cooler weather is here! I actually felt motivated to do some overdue de-cluttering today as the weather was just perfect for working indoors. I did finally put a long sleeved t-shirt on yesterday and the night before... but other than that, it's still short sleeves for me today.

And, I had the best hot shower this morning. Nothing like warming up in the shower and then being able to properly dry off when you get out because it's not humid.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:29 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
It was bloody cold here last night. Fortunately the house is smallish so not too bad to heat but it's hard to justify keeping the heaters on once everyone else has gone to bed. I sat here clad in pullovers, extra thick socks, etc for a while but decided to go to bed when the cold numb feeling began to set in. Thankfully there was a big hot water bottle in bed just waiting to be snuggled up to
Im sure yer missus will enjoy being called that
Old May 9th 2011, 8:33 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Loving this cooler weather.

I can get out and get more done, it's so refreshing to not feel hot and sticky all the time.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

It's getting pretty damn chilly in Sydney too. Several blankets on the bed and still soooo cold at night, especially when the oh gets in bed after a night shift and tries to cuddle me!

I do like it when the weather cools down and you can wear winter clothes; big coats and scarves and boots, I just don't like the fact that I always get the flu or a chest infection at this time of year....so ill
Old May 9th 2011, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Loving this cooler weather.

I can get out and get more done, it's so refreshing to not feel hot and sticky all the time.
Wish the stupid rain would stop though!

Yesterday was perfect.
Old May 9th 2011, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
We have had the wood burner lit since last week but not last night as it was too warm.Have the heaters in the bedrooms all ready.
Really? We only used little heaters in the bedroom when the youngest was a newborn for about 3 months (oldest had parent heaters). Wouldn't dream of having heaters in the bedrooms, just one in the lounge room in the evening and it's been way too warm yet. We have our bedroom window open all winter, only close it if it's raining. I think I must have acclimatised (to the weather at least).
Old May 9th 2011, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Grew up in a house in the uk where the heating was only ever put on from 23rd December through to the first week of january... Had fireplaces, but they always went out over night... And NO heating in the bedrooms.. Only being here 4years... Not truely feeling the cold, but I do notice the HUGE drop in temp overnight...

Love being able to snuggle up together under the covers again... Summer was long and hot for me this year
Old May 9th 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

0.3 C here right now! Brrrrrrr

Last edited by Pootle; May 9th 2011 at 8:52 pm.
Old May 9th 2011, 10:19 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Auckland for the weekend - glorious weather - and arrived back to 3C mornings! What happened - someone decided to start winter early?
Old May 9th 2011, 10:29 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I went to Auckland for the weekend - glorious weather - and arrived back to 3C mornings! What happened - someone decided to start winter early?
The last 2 days have been particularly cold.

Auckland is closer to the equator than us so it should be warmer
Old May 9th 2011, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Sun's out in Brisbane today, no socks and only one jumper.
Old May 9th 2011, 11:33 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Grew up in a house in the uk where the heating was only ever put on from 23rd December through to the first week of january... Had fireplaces, but they always went out over night... And NO heating in the bedrooms.. Only being here 4years... Not truely feeling the cold, but I do notice the HUGE drop in temp overnight...

Love being able to snuggle up together under the covers again... Summer was long and hot for me this year
I grew up in freezing Scotland with no heating whatsoeva. It was off to bed with a zillion blankets and 8 pairs of p.j's teamed with woolly knee high socks.

Thing was then, if you were in a big family it was easier as usually there were around 3 kids sharing a single bed.
Old May 9th 2011, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I grew up in freezing Scotland with no heating whatsoeva. It was off to bed with a zillion blankets and 8 pairs of p.j's teamed with woolly knee high socks.

Thing was then, if you were in a big family it was easier as usually there were around 3 kids sharing a single bed.
We have king and queen size beds in every room because my kids all still like to bunk in with each other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.