Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:52 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Title says it all.

Been on anti D's for 8 days now as advised by my GP (PLEASE KICK IN!!!). I'm getting bullied at work (prob main cause of it all), PR is taking ****ing ages (application went in OVER 6 months ago and STILL heard nowt!!!), oh just ****ing fed up with it all! ... I want to go home (UK).

Nic says with me 'the grass is always greener' ... and I spose it is, but it's a bloody frail burnt out piece of crap now and I want the firm, healthy, well fed strand of grass now, you know, the one that grows in Blighty!

Oh I'm just soooo ****ed off with it all now!

Nic and the kids are happy, settled etc ... but I'm just all over the place now and currently feel I can't take no more! ...

We've come here with good intentions. We've blown ALL of our money on getting PR here, I've studied and worked in a field I knew I'd NEVER further just so we can get PR here, yet for the last 20 mins I've been locked away in the toilet crying to myself!

Can it get any better than this? ... I ****ing hope so or I'm I'm outta here!

We're due to go up the Brissie river tomorrow in the boat. I just hope I'm not found hanging from a rope 6 foot under it!

I hate my life!

Sorry ... :curse:
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Title says it all.

Been on anti D's for 8 days now as advised by my GP (PLEASE KICK IN!!!). I'm getting bullied at work (prob main cause of it all), PR is taking ****ing ages (application went in OVER 6 months ago and STILL heard nowt!!!), oh just ****ing fed up with it all! ... I want to go home (UK).

Nic says with me 'the grass is always greener' ... and I spose it is, but it's a bloody frail burnt out piece of crap now and I want the firm, healthy, well fed strand of grass now, you know, the one that grows in Blighty!

Nic and the kids are happy, settled etc ... but I'm just all over the place now and currently feel I can't take no more! ...

We've come here with good intentions. We've blown ALL of our money on getting PR here, I've studied and worked in a field I knew I'd NEVER further just so we can get PR here, yet for the last 20 mins I've been locked away in the toilet crying to myself!

We're due to go up the Brissie river tomorrow in the boat. I just hope I'm not found hanging from a rope 6 foot under it!

I hate my life!

OMG poor you. I don't know your situation (other than what you've said here) but I'm sending you lots of positive vibes and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for PR to get a damn move on.
Just take one minute at a time. Things are obviously really getting you down so the good thing is they can only get better
Enjoy yourself on the Brisbane River. Big hugs
Gilly
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:59 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

wwhoooo there Paul ,

i think if your unhappy at work its the main cause of it . i think i would try to sort that out , not sure what you do but man you must sort it or find someplace else ?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi & so sorry to hear your plight. You sound so desperate. Anti-depressants can take abit longer than 8 days to kick in, so take a step back and tell yourself things will get better with time. These things you mention can be resolved. Have you approached work re the bullying? Can you contact someone re your pr application. When your mood is impaired it is often difficult to see things in any positive light.
By the way no need to apologise.

Take care
Donna
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, this is really worrying don't know what to say except I hope to god you start feeling better soon

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
S xx
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

Title says it all.

I hate my life!

OMG ! and i thought i was feeling emotional, i dont know what to say or do to make you feel better, what job are you doing ?
I think you need some karma and a stiff drink !!!!!!!
Ive read some of your recents threads and you have all done so much and overcome so much in so little time and i have complete admiration for your determination to make this work, sorry i cant help and hope you feel better soon,
sarah
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Paul, so sorry that you feel like this. You've had a really hard time and now problems at work, no wonder you feel like crap. I was only thinking today, that I hadn't seem you on BE for a while - now I know why.

It's a bit of a cliche, but things will get better. You will get PR, work will get better or you will get a better job - but at the moment, you just can't see the wood for the trees.

How long did the Dr say it would take for the meds to kick in??? If they don't by that time, go back and ask to try something else - not every drug works for every persn, you have to find what suits you.

In the mean time, try and get out and do exercise - walking etc and have fun with your family - that should help your mood too.

I'm sure the whole of BE is rooting for you - we know you can get through this.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing anyone says at the mo is really going to help but it won't stop us trying You know how far you've come and to date you have for the most part been totally up about the whole thing. It's totally understandable that you are now having the down moment. Have you seen about transferring to the other department you mentioned the other day?

8 days is not long enough for the Anti D's to kick in, lay off any booze for the time being, it won't help and you may end up going into the Lounge and we know what happens when that occurs

I really don't think it will be much longer to come through, you've been incredibly strong for Nic and the kids up to now, don't beat yourself up over the fact that it's now you who needs the help. Yes you're the 'head of the family' but you are also a really strong partnership. Allow them to help you. Locking yourself in the loo isn't going to help - it's not the most uplifting room in the house

Have a grand day on the river, enjoy the boat, chill, relax and don't think about when PR will come through, just go a day at a time.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

Title says it all.

(
You inspired me to check the notes referring to the anti-D I'm on (Citalopram) although I closed my eyes when I came to the bit about abstaining from alcohol -

'It may take between two to four weeks for the benefits of this medicine to appear, so it is very important that you keep taking it, even if it doesn't seem to make much difference at first. If you feel your depression or anxiety has got worse, or if you have any distressing thoughts or feelings in these first few weeks, then you should talk to your doctor.'

As some other people have noted, it takes time for the medication to 'kick in' and then you have to keep taking them for however long your GP recommends. You will usually notice an improvement in your mood although it may seem imperceptible.

I've taken the liberty of pasting in some posts from a Citalopram site which may help you - they helped me with the reference to alcohol!

citalopram

Hi there
I went on 20mg of citalopram 6 weeks ago for anxiety and depression, I had a few mild side effects for the first few days, mostly trouble with sleeping, but now my body is used to the tablets I feel like a new woman, I would definately say the mild side effects you may or may not experience in the early days are worth it. I have my sense of humour back again and I feel I am a better wife and definately a better mum, I have to say my sex drive has improved slightly since being on citalopram, I think because my anxiety and depression are getting better, everyones different. Please don't be afraid of taking your tablets, surely anythings better than feeling the way you do at the moment, but I would say that they do take a few weeks to kick in, be patient, its worth it in the end. Let us know how your getting on.
By the way, I have taken alcohol several times since being on the tablets and I haven't had any problems.

Traci
Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:26 pm

alison4m

Hi

I have been taking citalapram since March started on 20mg and have increased to 30mg, I know they are helping, I have not had any side effects and yes I do like to have a drink...

Are you getting any counselling? as this we also need I think.

Hope you get on well with citalapram would like to hear how you are doing...

Alison
Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:35 pm

suemarieee

Thanks everyone

Thanks guys for putting my mind at rest! Its so helpful to hear how other people have got on with these drugs. Its nice to know they actually helped you too, I'd hate to think I was going through all this for nothing!

I have been on the tablets for 5 days now. The side effects haven't been too bad, i've been very tired and had headaches, and been a bit anxious and tearful but then thats probably just me worrying about the tablets and work and stuff, and not the tablets themselves! I have just been signed off work for another 2 weeks, so I can just relax and concentrate on getting better, although I keep worrying that they'll be really annoyed at work.

But the most important thing is getting better, and I am going to be having counselling and group therapy soon as well. If I actually get better it'll be amazing and I will do so many things that I couldnt do before.

Thanks for your help, and let me know how things go for you guys too, its so nice to be able to talk about these things. And I'm glad I can enjoy a glass of wine too!
Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did your partners cope with your anxiety? My boyfriends finding it really hard, he's being really supportive, but hes getting a bit down about it. He doesnt seem to really understand, although he is understanding. And he snaps at me sometimes cos he's fed up. And he said the other day that he was telling his mate about it at the pub cos he felt quite down, and I felt really guilty cos I didnt wanna upset him in all this. Its really hard, I just wanna get beter and be a fun girlfriend again!

Dave
ps is it possible for you to take some sick leave and / or speak to someone at your workplace about bullying as the laws in OZ should be as strict as in UK.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

You have been so strong and held it together over the last couple of years or so, that all that stress has to show itself somehow. I dont know what else to say only i really hope you start to feel better soon

Nicky
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

I know how you feel - have felt it myself. It will pass, but that's no help now, is it? We are trapped too, for lots of reasons - lack of money, sons who love it here, nowhere really to go in UK....

I try to be honest with myself and accept it is nostalgia - a longing for the past - that I'm really feeling. Perhaps I'm also missing lost youth. I don't have clinical depression - just chronic fed-upness.

My husband suffers depression though, and finds St Johns Wort is better than standard meds, though it's a little slow to take effect. Eating lots of fruit and veggies, and doing exercise also helps.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:28 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling like this.
It can take two weeks for the antidepressants to start having an effect and six weeks to feel the full effect.
In the meantime keep talking and trying to resolve your work situation. Is it possible to look for another job?
Hope things work out ok ((((HUGS))))
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

UGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really nice

Paul

I am not a frantic poster but a frantic reader and a follower of your trials,YOU are a fighter and I cannot believe that this is happening to you and your family ,you are a fighter and i am sure that you will come through.You certainly have been an inspiration to me dont give up yet. We have been here for nearly three years and we I still have moments locked in the bathroom sobbing but on the whole love it.If anybody can do it you will.Keep talking we will all listen and helpif we can.

Good luck

UB
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:40 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Paul, I really feel your hurt. I will PM you later, but at the moment I am gobsmacked by this.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...85&postcount=1
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:43 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Title says it all.

I hate my life!

Precious Love, it takes a while for those damned anti depressant's to work and sometimes you do need to change them if they are not the one for you. It is a pretty individual type of medication you know.

I know that everything seems bleak right now but as someone who has been there pretty recently, I can tell you things are going to get better.

PS it is a tremendously positive sign that you are still talking about all that ails you.

If you want to talk more, specificially about meds or other things, feel free to PM, you would be amazed at some of the PM networks on this thing!

Stay well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.