Reload this Page >

Ignore this post... Toxic Rattle Throwing Warning

Ignore this post... Toxic Rattle Throwing Warning

Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:04 pm
Paula Eddie and Family

Paula223 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ignore this post... Toxic Rattle Throwing Warning

Originally Posted by eddie007

I have to get this off my chest, OH has a severe case of selective hearing disorder and its just not right bitching about HIS family to HIM or MY family to HIS family...

Family dynamics are so very interesting aren't they?

I'm not moving to Aus next week becasue I watch/like Australian Soaps.... My life is enough like a soap already...

Three leaving "events"... free for all distant family/ friends general barbie and family/ closest friends only sit down meal... and final day spent with close friends and their kids in peaceful picnic mode.... bring and share...

General barbie, have not invited SIL and SIL new boyfriend as BIL (her husband) and their kids... who live with him ...are coming... therefore SIL invites two kids out to theme park for day .... out of blue, unexpexted treat blah blah blah HASN'T seen them for 6 weeks, hasn't phoned them/ contacted them (as usual) for six weeks ... last time she said she would come and see them she didn't... and the time before, the time before the time before... (getting the picture)

We HAVE invited SIL to the family meal, but have requested she doesn't bring the boyfriend.... this is for HIS safety as OH is BIL best friend (for 40 years, grew up together etc etc etc ) and they are still married and the kids will be there and they don't interact with the boyfriend...not forgetting that OH will not eat at the same table as the boyfriend and MIL has stated that if the BOYFRIEND turns up she will leave ....... MIL demanded that we didn't invite SIL to family meal at all but I over rode this one and invited her sans baggage...

Other BIL (OH brother) not invited to bar be que as is invited to family sit down meal for two reasons, firstly with FREE beer he will drink until he falls over but before he falls over will pick a fight with anything that moves.. and secondly we have to provide transport for them, as we have on all previous family occassions... which is a blessing as if they wont get on a bus or order a taxi then its unlikely that they will get on a plane either to come and vist us).... we want to have a good time which may include having a drink or two at our own leaving party and does not include staying sober to drive them home after.... I phoned BIL to invite to family leaving sit down meal... as we go in 12 days... he says "are you, I didn't know" which isn't true.... he does know, we widely published our departure date... THEY KNOW WE ARE GOING!!!! its all OH has talked about for last 3 months... Any way BIL says he will ask his wife.... goes away, comes back 10 minutes (which is a long time being left on the phone, they live in a two up two down with no garden, so heaven knows where she was, sainsburys perhaps?) and says... she doesn't like chinese... WELL I'M SORRY IT'S A FREE MEAL.. I say they do other food too, he says they "don't fancy it" I say "I thought you might like to come and say goodbye to your brother (I didn't say it but I thought....you know the one that spent 2 years doing up YOUR house every other weekend whilst me and our kids went and whistled? the one that provides free transport to shops/ family occassions/airports/ anywhere you ask to go? the one who has internet connection so does all your cheaper internet shopping / research and pays for it just to 'forget about it' when those new radiators etc arrive? The one who when your Dad died and cut you out of the will gave you HALF of HIS share becasue he believes in doing the right thing?) well sorry I wasted your time.... B@st@d!!!!

But its not just HIS family who have issues... MY sister is playing the dying swan... cannot face it, can't bear the fact you are leaving, too upset to come to the meal/ barbeque or anything... which is a relief as she is an alcoholic (that bit is true and serious) and I can guarentee her presence will result in massive fireworks/family punch up ...so she is doing her freezing us out act... which is fine, but hurting my parents as they wanted us all there.... SHE said that she would help with preparations for the barbeque and has JUST turned it all round saying she never said she would and that she has other plans for the weekend and it doesn't include us... I should be relieved as it will avoid conflict/ all out war...but I'm sat here crying instead.. and she has just phoned me back and said that I am cutting her out and excluding her!

And MIL! our last day (next saturday, we had plans to spend with friends who have arranged a picnic bring and share..... quiet time with people we love and will miss most... a couple of families who we are really close to and our kids are really close to) has ordered a 3 line whip to spend the day at a local airshow with her... I tried to tell her we have plans and I tried to tell her we wanted to spend a quiet day with people we know, not being dragged around a bloody funfair with aeroplanes overhead.. and a bunch of strangers... we have enough time for planes and strangers for the rest of our lives... but NO she played the grandchild card... the top trump... the very ace of dealt suit! She wants to spend the day with her grandchildren as I AM TAKING THEM AWAY FROM HER! not her son following his life long dream, fulfilling his ambition, starting a new life and hopefully a better future for his children.... Its ME taking them away... she even brought in the breast feeding thing.... you only breast fed them so I couldn't look after them (truth hurts eddie doesn't it!)

I can't unload this all onto OH he has enough to deal with. I know its totally disloyal broadcasting this to the world, but I used to sit here and read other peoples toxic families behaviour and think awful people, how can the behave like this when people are leaving them.... then my family (his and mine) turn around and do very much the same, there is nothing here that hasn't been posted before by other people.... so perhaps this is normal? Perhaps it is normal for people to treat each other so carelessly and manipulatively and cruelly...

And Ian's reaction to all this... Next week we will be on the other side of the world... and they wont.... so No Worries
I would say dont let the bastards get you down!!!! this is ure once in a lifetime opportunity to start another life( FRESH START) from all the shit you will be leaving far behind!!!Dont let anyone spoil this for you Chin Up And Heres To New Beginnings
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:16 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

bet you didn't think you would get this much response!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm a bit gob smacked that this kind of behaviour is quite 'normal' to be honest... thought it was only east enders that had such emotionally wierd things going on... 'nice' to klnow its not just me and my 'family'... I'm going to write a book about it one day... only it will no doubt be dismissed as a work of pure fiction...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:44 pm
Paula Eddie and Family

Paula223 is on a distinguished road

i'm a bit gob smacked that this kind of behaviour is quite 'normal' to be honest... thought it was only east enders that had such emotionally wierd things going on... 'nice' to klnow its not just me and my 'family'... I'm going to write a book about it one day... only it will no doubt be dismissed as a work of pure fiction...
hahahahahaha let me have first one!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

handbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to all

OMG - I'm dreading what I have to come after reading your post.

You can't choose your family but you can your friends - spend your last day with friends and have a lovely day.

Good luck with your new life in Aus
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Just try & remember the good things eg very soon they will be far behind you!!!
Enjoy your last few days here & definitely you should carry on with friends picnic as arranged.
Good luck!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:01 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=eddie007;5196722]the meal is being paid for by us so its our choice who to invite... no one elses...

QUOTE]

spot on girl

we had the usual family shite
if so and so`s coming i`m not
so in my usual diplomatic way i sorted this out
i`ve invited them, its my do, if you dont like it fook off

worked a treat for us

regards steve
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of

I would look at it this way. It's all the more reason to make a go of it in your new life. You wouldn't want to go back to that, now would you?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

actually it makes me want to stay, I mean who is going to protect my parents from the evil ones?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Hey - been there too!!!

But not saying much on the forum ...the reason being......

When I went back to visit my mum I logged onto expats site to say hi from the other side - I had a chat and stuff. I had previously posted some not very nice family stories (true but not nice). When I went back the following day to check emails I clicked on favourite sites in error and my mum had saved the xpats site!!!

She had obviously checked what i had been looking at and decided to be nosey - :-/ you know what they say - eavesdropping only ever hear the bad things
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:28 am

gedge has disabled reputation

i'll just add my thoughts
i agree that the treatment you're getting is unacceptable, but don't leave without trying to clear the air
i'm not saying that you should give in to the idiocy and selfishness
just for your own sake if nothing else, get them all together if poss and get them to shut up and listen
tell them why you're all going as a family and that you want them to accept your reasons because if they don't then they're going to lose you from their lives... try and make them see the consequences of their actions is what i'm trying to say
you don't want to get here and feel like there is something unfinished, it's better to draw a line now
at least that way it's wholly their choice to accept what you are doing
Old Aug 17th 2007, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Family politics

I dont suppose we will ever understand. There are so many unresolved issues that arise at a time like this.

"You cant please everyone, so you have to please yourself," a line from a famous song comes to mind.

Eddie, this is about you and your family saying goodbye to relatives and good friends, to start a new life, dont let them spoil it for you. It is not about them, it is about you
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie - what a bloody saga! I really feel for you. Thank God my family are normal and didn't cause any of this upheaval - even OH's family kept dramatics to a minimum - and it all went quite smoothly.

Honestly, you're not being unreasonable at all. I hope you & your family can find a way to diplomatically get through your last week without any disasters. Honesty is always the best policy, and don't let your MIL ruin your plans. Tell her if she wants to see you she can come to the picnic that you have organised, but you want that day to be for relaxing, not dragging the kids around a big event. If she wants to be upset about it then that's her choice! Not your fault.

Good luck!