Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you won the lottery

If you won the lottery

Old Dec 16th 2005, 9:46 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you won the lottery

Originally Posted by kerrieee
My dad asked me today if he won the lottery and gave me a million,would I still go to live in Oz?.
This question threw me quite a lot, in the end I came the conclusion I Probably would still go.
What would you all do?
Kerrieee
We talked about this and said yeah we would definitely still be here. But we'd be able to visit friends and family often, flying first class
Old Dec 16th 2005, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
As some people may already know, I have won the lottery and have asked on the 'will I have enough money, after selling my big swanky house threads' if 3 million pounds will be enough to go to oz with . What do you all think
Moved? Its a question about moving to Australia, with or without money? Come on Mods.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

kerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Moved? Its a question about moving to Australia, with or without money? Come on Mods.
Hi ya, must admit we dont have much spare cash to go with, but the company supporting our move, so its a bit easier for us.
We only relocated back to the UK from the U.A.E. a few years ago and had to a house buy etc.
we just want the lifestyle change for our family so it not about money for us.
PS did not win Euro Millions tonight.
PS how do you get the stars under your name?
kerrieee

Last edited by kerrieee; Dec 16th 2005 at 10:15 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ya, must admit we dont have much spare cash to go with, but the company supporting our move, so its a bit easier for us.
We only relocated back to the UK from the U.A.E. a few years ago and had to a house buy etc.
kerrieee

Tough luck on the lottery, but hey, theres always tomorrows draw (for which I have a ticket!).

Wow UK > UAE > UK > OZ. Sounds like you have a bit of gypsy blood in you!

The stars are awarded for posts, 1 star per 100 posts I believe.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

kerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant futurekerrieee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Tough luck on the lottery, but hey, theres always tomorrows draw (for which I have a ticket!).

Wow UK > UAE > UK > OZ. Sounds like you have a bit of gypsy blood in you!

The stars are awarded for posts, 1 star per 100 posts I believe.
Living in the U.A.E. definately put the gypsy blood in me, wish we had stayed in Dubai as we left in 2002, when our contract had finished ,after flying on september 14th 2002 by myself with 2 young children was pretty scary.
say no more.
We loved our lives living away , we held UK in rose coloured glasses until we were back.
I am off to bed now as i have to stick contact lenses people eyes in the morning
catch you later
kerrieee
Old Dec 17th 2005, 10:04 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

nope, me neither
Old Dec 17th 2005, 10:08 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

My dad asked me today if he won the lottery and gave me a million,would I still go to live in Oz?.
This question threw me quite a lot, in the end I came the conclusion I Probably would still go.
What would you all do?
Kerrieee
I'd still come here....didn't leave England because of money problems
Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:21 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

kerrieee

Sent yu some karma to go with your stars
Old Dec 17th 2005, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Sent yu some karma to go with your stars

I would buy a nice property in the UK (Devon/Cornwall) and a place in aus and spend 6mth of the year in each country. Would I give up my job.......hell yes!
Old Dec 18th 2005, 10:55 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

What would you all do?
Kerrieee
Yeh but the advantage would be we wouldn't have to scrimp and save to come back to UK every time.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 18th 2005, 12:57 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
I would buy a nice property in the UK (Devon/Cornwall) and a place in aus and spend 6mth of the year in each country.
Before we came out here I would have said the same but I really don't miss the UK at all so far.

I'd spend the million on a modest house with pool and 2 new cars. Then I would put the rest in the bank and live off the interest. Funny, but since we got here I am not that fussed about material things. I just want to hang out at the beach etc with family and friends.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 3:53 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by worzel
Before we came out here I would have said the same but I really don't miss the UK at all so far.

I'd spend the million on a modest house with pool and 2 new cars. Then I would put the rest in the bank and live off the interest. Funny, but since we got here I am not that fussed about material things. I just want to hang out at the beach etc with family and friends.

Nice One, I'll have to make do like this to, as I've lost my lottery winnings on a horse