Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you were to die tomorrow would you know where the local graveyard was!!!

If you were to die tomorrow would you know where the local graveyard was!!!

Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:28 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you were to die tomorrow would you know where the local graveyard was!!!

Just wondering myself and it struck me........ I havent got a clue, and would you want to be buried here anyway?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all
Default Re: If you were to die tomorrow would you know where the local graveyard was!!!

Surely it wouldn't matter to you if you didn't know where the grave yards where because you'd be dead but hopefully your nearest and dearest would know.

Not wanting to sound too hippy but I'd want to be cremated in a cardboard coffin and then buried beneath a tree or something, provide some fertiliser for something and have a use even in death.

My spritely neighbour has planned her funeral already, sounds morbid to people who don't know her but it's not at all she's not morbin at all just very practical.

M
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you were to die tomorrow would you know where the local graveyard was!!!

Instructions for family are: absolutely no burial. Cremation only and ashes sprinkled either in the sea or somewhere beautiful - doesn't matter where it happens but I don't want to be flown anywhere so if I cark it in the UK then dump my ashes on the Malvern Hills, if I pop off here then on the beach, ocean or hinterland.

But it needs to be a windy day when I'm sprinkled. We thought it would be nice to sprinkle my dad over his beloved hydrangea plants so my mother did so. It was a still day and night and next day the gardener turns up, does his work then goes to my mother and tells her someone must have had a bonfire as the hydrangeas were covered in ash and he'd had to brush them off and put the ashes in the dustbin Dad would have thought it really funny but it wasn't quite what we had in mind
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Yes, and it is very well kept.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
Yes, and it is very well kept.
Has anyone else noticed that there doesn't seem to be many graveyards around? Obviously the UK has a much longer history so millions more have died and needed burying but we've noticed a distinct lack of them. Maybe it's me
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Has anyone else noticed that there doesn't seem to be many graveyards around? Obviously the UK has a much longer history so millions more have died and needed burying but we've noticed a distinct lack of them. Maybe it's me
In the UK graveyards used to be tied to churches - "hallowed ground". I think in Victorian times councils started municipal cemeteries mainly because all the town/city church graveyards were full up.

I personally have said that when I'm brown-bread, put me in a box and hand me over to the medical students i.e. pickle-me-up and put me bits in a jar. You're just a shell really then.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

yes i do but i want to be cremated and then my ashes scattered at Salmon Beach on Rottnest Island
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:14 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want any kind of funeral and no burial. I want any usable organs and tissues donated or my body donated to science if there are no usable parts. I don't want to be buried, because there are bugs down there in the ground and I have a real phobia about bugs. On the other hand I am deathly afraid of fire, so don't want to be cremated, either. Maybe they can freeze-dry me and use me for chum for a shark feeding expedition.

My parents planned their cremations years ago. When they did it we all though it sounded morbid, but then I think of how much money they saved by planning and paying 20 years ago. When my father died 3 months ago all that needed paying was for the death certificate and my mother wanted a small urn. My family overseas are going to have a memorial in the summer where they will spread 1/2 of my dad's ashes at his favourite park. My mother wants to keep the other half to mix with her ashes when she dies. She then wants them to be sprinkled on the graves of her parents and sister, who are all buried side-by-side.

I used to love walking through the old graveyards. I love to read the old headstones with the stories. When I went to Newfoundland a few years ago my friend and I went to one and spent all day sitting reading about babies who only lived days or young men who went out fishing and drowned. Some really heartbreaking stories.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I love cemeteries too. I see a lot of you are in Queensland, you should go have a look around Toowong Cemetery, it's beautiful.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha ha it's a good question and I only know cos I drive past mine every morning. lol

lace
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:52 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by daunted
yes i do but i want to be cremated
That is SOOOO environmentaly irresponsible...

Cremation does what? BURNS hydrocarbons - pumping CO2 into the air...

Instead do the decent thing and get burried, locking away your personal carbon safely underground where it will do no harm!

(Personally I'd be happy enough to be cut into pieces at med. school and used for practical jokes to scare nervous uninitiated students....)
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
That is SOOOO environmentaly irresponsible...

Cremation does what? BURNS hydrocarbons - pumping CO2 into the air...

Instead do the decent thing and get burried, locking away your personal carbon safely underground where it will do no harm!

(Personally I'd be happy enough to be cut into pieces at med. school and used for practical jokes to scare nervous uninitiated students....)
oops sorry - dont tell my daughter (she is our resident Green campaigner!) Maybe i will go back to my original idea ....... kids think im mad but i quite fancied being made into one of those skeletons that hang in a doctors surgery or hospital. Tried to explain that it would be nice for the kids to be able to bring their grankids to see me once i have gone - they didnt seem to think it would be a good idea. Least i wouldnt eat much adn i guess they wouldnt have to worry abotu not being able to get a word in edge ways hey
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:20 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
oops sorry - dont tell my daughter (she is our resident Green campaigner!) Maybe i will go back to my original idea ....... kids think im mad but i quite fancied being made into one of those skeletons that hang in a doctors surgery or hospital. Tried to explain that it would be nice for the kids to be able to bring their grankids to see me once i have gone - they didnt seem to think it would be a good idea. Least i wouldnt eat much adn i guess they wouldnt have to worry abotu not being able to get a word in edge ways hey
I want to be dumped over the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:20 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just going to be fed to the dog when I go, then he can poo me out at a location he feels fit.
Originally Posted by moneypen20
Instructions for family are: absolutely no burial.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:23 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
I'm just going to be fed to the dog when I go, then he can poo me out at a location he feels fit.
Then he'll probably roll in you and walk you all over the house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.