Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

'If you don't like it leave'

'If you don't like it leave'

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'If you don't like it leave'

So I left..... thanks for the advice Aussies, UK is far better IMO.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:55 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'If you don't like it leave'

Originally Posted by sdunx
You have posted this in the wrong forum mate, nobody here gives a rats!
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
You have posted this in the wrong forum mate, nobody here gives a rats!

Its not in the wrong forum at all.

Its another post that balances the pro and anti Australia messages.

Those who maybe intending to go to Aus would do well to question the OP why it didn't work out.

Or

You could say to hell with everyone else, I'm doing what I think is right.

Trouble is, when you are risking family well being, money, jobs, mental stability, careers and much more besides finding out as much as possible is a rather sensible thing to do IMHO.

I wish I'd had done more of that - even though I did enjoy my time in Oz had I been armed with more information I could have avoided some pitfalls.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:16 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olibeneli

Those who maybe intending to go to Aus would do well to question the OP why it didn't work out.

Or

Trouble is, when you are risking family well being, money, jobs, mental stability, careers and much more besides finding out as much as possible is a rather sensible thing to do IMHO.

I wish I'd had done more of that - even though I did enjoy my time in Oz had I been armed with more information I could have avoided some pitfalls.
I agree with all of that but IMO his post is antagonistic at best.

Research is great but you can do all the research in the world and still not feel at home here and the majority of people won't actually know that unless they come. Boils down to the fact we are all different, with different wants and needs. If the OP doesn't like it that is fine. If the OP wants to tell us all why, again fine but IMO again then perhaps a nice little update thread in the update section would be good.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Erm.....good for you - but what has it got to do with anything?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Or

Maybe you should post some of the crap you used to come out with when you lived in the UK about how shit it was there?

You know just to balance out the shit you post about Australia
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:24 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Maybe you should post some of the crap you used to come out with when you lived in the UK about how shit it was there?

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Research is great but you can do all the research in the world and still not feel at home here and the majority of people won't actually know that unless they come. Boils down to the fact we are all different, with different wants and needs. If the OP doesn't like it that is fine. If the OP wants to tell us all why, again fine but IMO again then perhaps a nice little update thread in the update section would be good.
IMO you are over reacting. Lots.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

When I was looking to emigrate, people posting were telling/saying to me negative things which I took all on board and made my own mind up.

I am now doing much the same but I don't think anything, if much at all, of what I have posted about Oz is shit, untrue or wide of the mark.

I stand to be corrected and I'll let you search back my old posts to correct me - I don't mind being corrected if you get your facts right.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are somewhere where you are happy, however, remember that for some of us its not that simple to just get up and go home.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

It struck me as childish at best
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:51 pm
ABCDiamond

I remember saying just about the same as that back in 1996/97, after I left to return home to the UK.

But now.... well, read this: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575550

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Glad you are somewhere where you are happy, however, remember that for some of us its not that simple to just get up and go home.
Agreed.

I know a number of people who actually want to return to where they came from, but can't due to the cost..... and are now more unhappy where they are than from where they came.

The main reason is because they have basically spent their UK equity that they brought to Oz and aren't earning enough in Oz to both live and save to return to something like what they had before.

That sounds horrendous, but is very true and if kids schooling is in the mix, well..........
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When I was looking to emigrate, people posting were telling/saying to me negative things which I took all on board and made my own mind up.

I am now doing much the same but I don't think anything, if much at all, of what I have posted about Oz is shit, untrue or wide of the mark.

I stand to be corrected and I'll let you search back my old posts to correct me - I don't mind being corrected if you get your facts right.

I can't be arsed looking through your posts - I have better things to do.

I remember you not being one to sit it out and not say anything when someone posted something negative about Australia though. I also remember that you couldn't wait to leave the UK.

It's a shame it didn't work for you in Australia, but really you need to start getting on with your life back in the UK instead of finding fault all the time with here - it's just not healthy to look back and compare, especially when you are where you want to be. If you can't let go then maybe you have unfinished business?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

I can't be arsed looking through your posts - I have better things to do.

I remember you not being one to sit it out and not say anything when someone posted something negative about Australia though. I also remember that you couldn't wait to leave the UK.

It's a shame it didn't work for you in Australia, but really you need to start getting on with your life back in the UK instead of finding fault all the time with here - it's just not healthy to look back and compare, especially when you are where you want to be. If you can't let go then maybe you have unfinished business?
Are you serious ?

Is this place only for:
(a) people looking to emigrate
and
(b) those that have and it's all worked out fabulous ?

When I did my research, there were people posting years ago who had ping-ponged and who had emigrated and returned giving me the benefit of their experience. In the end we all have to make our own mind up and do what we think is right.

Why are you saying to me I can't let go ?...does that statement hold true for all those that have gone & come back and still post here?

Why do those that have emigrated with success still post here...can't they let go of the UK ?

FYI....I don't find fault all the time. I have stated many times the wonderful time my kids had and how good soccer was for them out there.

As I say, get your facts right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.