Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you could rewind your life by about 10 years what would you do, or not do, again?

If you could rewind your life by about 10 years what would you do, or not do, again?

Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could rewind your life by about 10 years what would you do, or not do, aga

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
I have never heard that before in my life... Oh I'm so young
Ah . . . now that is quite sad . . .
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could rewind your life by about 10 years what would you do, or not do, aga

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
AS I've said before, the only reason the Germans have so many hobbies is so they don't get bored and invade a country.

I was very into Germany for a long while and then I sort of favoured France owing to the south of France and the food.

In truth I like both cultures. I've met some amazing German girls who are pretty decent, sort of pragmatic but very feminine, with a dry sense of humour too. There's more than meets the stereotype...
Dont underestimate the Germans! France and Germany are great. Nextdoor neighbours but yet so different.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Dont underestimate the Germans!
You sound like a dead ringer for Stuart Hall on Jeux Sans Frontieres!

Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
You sound like a dead ringer for Stuart Hall on Jeux Sans Frontieres!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Aco-hkeQFBM

God knows what that means but as long as I dont have to wear a pointy hat and a cloak then its alright.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:28 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

God knows what that means but as long as I dont have to wear a pointy hat and a cloak then its alright.
Well, I think you are magic OD
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
AS I've said before, the only reason the Germans have so many hobbies is so they don't get bored and invade a country.

I was very into Germany for a long while and then I sort of favoured France owing to the south of France and the food.

In truth I like both cultures. I've met some amazing German girls who are pretty decent, sort of pragmatic but very feminine, with a dry sense of humour too. There's more than meets the stereotype...
I had a german stalker. Actually not that funny a story, she would always email me, and ask what I was doing. She eventually went in to a mental home.

I told you it wasn't funny.

JTL
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:51 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I had a german stalker. Actually not that funny a story, she would always email me, and ask what I was doing. She eventually went in to a mental home.

I told you it wasn't funny.

JTL
- wow, a STALKER.

So was she a real bunny boiler then?
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Well, I think you are magic OD

I saved you my last Rolo.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 11:05 am

I saved you my last Rolo.
fanx

Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

- wow, a STALKER.

So was she a real bunny boiler then?
I think she had the potential to be one.

She kept emailing me, and I'd reply, and then she would email back about how upset she was I hadn't replied. (with my reply below her email)

Anyway, she seems to have gone quiet for the last year. Its not funny, I mean she did have mental problems. She was a sensible 19 year old girl. but very very german. She taught me the language, and I could see when she was really annoyed with me not taking it seriously

So yeah, after 9 years I still (maybe) have a German stalker. Not funny, but true

JTL
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:42 pm

I think she had the potential to be one.

She kept emailing me, and I'd reply, and then she would email back about how upset she was I hadn't replied. (with my reply below her email)

Anyway, she seems to have gone quiet for the last year. Its not funny, I mean she did have mental problems. She was a sensible 19 year old girl. but very very german. She taught me the language, and I could see when she was really annoyed with me not taking it seriously

So yeah, after 9 years I still (maybe) have a German stalker. Not funny, but true

JTL
are any 19 year olds sensible?
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well last email I got from her she was 27.

Actually I'll end this now it's not funny,

JTL
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:52 pm

Well last email I got from her she was 27.

Actually I'll end this now it's not funny,

JTL
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I would rewind 31 years & go in a say good morning to my mum before I went to school, see if she wanted a cup of tea but I didn't & she was never awake again for me to talk to.
However, I was young & had no idea that she was as ill as she was.
This is my only true regret and it took me almost 30 years to come to terms with.

As for the rest, well I did my best at the time, with the knowledge I had then. Yes I fu&&ed up, more than once & I do wish I had taken more chances but all along, I was just being me, doing the best I could with what I knew at the time, good or bad!

Last edited by Sally Simpson; Oct 3rd 2009 at 2:47 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 2:43 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I was I was engaged to my husband with my first mortgage at 18. Very sensible then and now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.