Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you could rewind your life by about 10 years what would you do, or not do, again?

If you could rewind your life by about 10 years what would you do, or not do, again?

Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could rewind your life by about 10 years what would you do, or not do, aga

I would have to agree with you there, wishing my second husband would have my kids father, but there your are, unless someone comes up with a machine that will send us back in time, we just have to do the best we can!!!!
Originally Posted by sasbear
Me too!

I often contemplate this -but I have no definative answer.. the mistakes I made have had silver linings (my children) - I often wish I had chosen a different person to have them with - but then they wouldn't be who they are now.....
Old Oct 1st 2009, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could rewind your life by about 10 years what would you do, or not do, aga

Hating Germans just because of the name of the country written on the front of their passports is nothing less than racism, pure and simple.

It's those Frog bastards I can't stand...............
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Hating Germans just because of the name of the country written on the front of their passports is nothing less than racism, pure and simple.

We travelled over the border to Wissembourg just to hang out with the Frogs and get away from the barking Germans.

Welcome to the Daily Sun thread!

JTL
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all

My life started 10 years ago, when I met my wonderful OH He totally changed my outlook and took me out of a massive rut.

The last 10 years have been the best and here's to many many more.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:55 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Dean

Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:57 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>So I said to the stewardess. How long is the delay. "As long as it takes". So hours and hours go by sitting on the tarmac. Eventually I get so pissed off I go to the toilet and have a ciggarette.

The german stewardess' were on me like bloody hyenas. I think I had about 4 of them surrounding me all shouting at me in german, about how I had endagered everyone on board (when 2 months earlier smoking in first class was ok). How was I endangering life, why couldn't they give us a take off time?<<

Having spent more time airborne than I care to think about, and seen several fires in toilets - all caused by smoking there - I would have stuck you in jail for a long time.

Fires in aircraft are not at all funny, and can get out of control in seconds.

Next time you fly, take walk around the loos - I guarantee you'll find at least one where the smoke detector has been stuffed with damp tissue. Morons.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Having spent more time airborne than I care to think about, and seen several fires in toilets - all caused by smoking there - I would have stuck you in jail for a long time.

Fires in aircraft are not at all funny, and can get out of control in seconds.
Are you German?

Listen, I've flown alot more than you, and for years I flew business class, and was allowed to smoke. Then it turned in to the biggest scare tactic in the world that smoking could suddenly set a plane on fire and it was all banned.

Absolute rubbish.

JTL
Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linloo
My life started 10 years ago, when I met my wonderful OH He totally changed my outlook and took me out of a massive rut.

The last 10 years have been the best and here's to many many more.
I'm fillin' up . . .
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:22 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartacus
I'm fillin' up . . .
Should have waited til cheap Tuesday
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:20 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Are you German?

Listen, I've flown alot more than you, and for years I flew business class, and was allowed to smoke. Then it turned in to the biggest scare tactic in the world that smoking could suddenly set a plane on fire and it was all banned.

Absolute rubbish.

JTL
I doubt very much whether you *have* flown a lot more than me but that's beside the point.

Yes, smoking *was* allowed years ago, and it was banned not because of the fire risk but because it was extremely unpleasant for most of the passengers.

Perhaps you've not been into the maintenance base of an airline twenty years ago, and been shown a discharge valve that has been removed for cleaning? Each one used to have several pounds of gunk like treacle glueing up the mechanism - all the muck that had not settled in the furnishings, and clothes - and lungs - of the punters.

The reason smoking has *always* been banned in toilets is because it is a hazard to everyone on the aircraft. I have been involved in several fires in toilets and don't want to be in an aircraft that comes down because of one, thanks very much.

Flying business class doesn't entitle anyone to say "absolute rubbish" about actual and proven risks. Sorry.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Sitting here drinking a G&T makes me wonder about the days gone by...
I wouldn't have gone out with Adam. He was an arsehole.

Everything else I'm glad I did.... I think!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 2:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
I wouldn't have gone out with Adam. He was an arsehole.
I feel the same about Gordon . . . he was a moron . . .
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

The Gofer?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

it's not fair
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
The Gofer?

The innocence of youf . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.