Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you could live at any point in history, when would you choose?

Wikiposts

If you could live at any point in history, when would you choose?

Old May 30th 2010, 10:17 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could live at any point in history, when would you choose?

Future.

I want to see where it's going. I remember when we didn't have mobile phones - I want to see aliens
Old May 30th 2010, 10:19 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I know, I'd be a different person though, all sweet and innocent with knights in shining armour fighting over me, instead of tying me up and torturing me.........

.......................on second thoughts though......

.....mmmmmm....isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?
The taxi fare would have been better,i left me wallet in me wedding pants
Old May 30th 2010, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Rudder will become famous soon enoughRudder will become famous soon enough

Bit like Lord Farquar's thread on where would you live.....I find it hard to anwer that one, probably cos the last time I choose WHERE to live I got it wrong

However, I've always wanted to be able to choose WHEN to live - quite fancy medieval days in England or France, around the time of Chaucer maybe, with all the chivalry and knights in shining armour and all that stuff. The era of the Wars of the Roses, with jousting knights and all that kind of romantic stuff! And if I could live in a castle that'd be even better

Quite fancy myself in one of those pointy hats with long veils trailing behind it (I think its called a henin, but if I'm wrong, please tell me!!) with a couple of knights fighting for my favours

Well everyone has to dream, don't they!!
I would love (?) to have been involved in the Battle of Britain between July and September 1940, an important turning point in UK history.........Its the romantic aviator in me you see!!!!
sadley I probably would have not survived.
Old May 30th 2010, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Woodstock on a groundhog day would do and just miss out before and after.

Bit like Lord Farquar's thread on where would you live.....I find it hard to anwer that one, probably cos the last time I choose WHERE to live I got it wrong

However, I've always wanted to be able to choose WHEN to live - quite fancy medieval days in England or France, around the time of Chaucer maybe, with all the chivalry and knights in shining armour and all that stuff. The era of the Wars of the Roses, with jousting knights and all that kind of romantic stuff! And if I could live in a castle that'd be even better

Quite fancy myself in one of those pointy hats with long veils trailing behind it (I think its called a henin, but if I'm wrong, please tell me!!) with a couple of knights fighting for my favours

Well everyone has to dream, don't they!!
Old May 30th 2010, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Too early in the morning for that one
The History Channel is full of repeats. So 20 years ago you would get to watch the repeat for the first time. I thought it was an obvious joke.

And another quote, "explaining a joke is like dissecting a Frog. Nobody is that interested, and you've killed it anyway".

JTL
Old May 31st 2010, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

It beats working in I.T.

Last edited by Alfresco; May 31st 2010 at 12:03 am.
Old May 31st 2010, 12:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
The History Channel is full of repeats. So 20 years ago you would get to watch the repeat for the first time. I thought it was an obvious joke.

And another quote, "explaining a joke is like dissecting a Frog. Nobody is that interested, and you've killed it anyway".

JTL
Actually it reminds me of when I first got here, I used to think the history channel had good stuff on it, then I realised after a few weeks it was all repeated - one of my early let downs 6 years later I'm still seeing the same repeats! can't they find some new history to make programmes about?!!
Old May 31st 2010, 12:52 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

JTL
Indeed
Old May 31st 2010, 1:52 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

It would be good to do a bit of a "Bill & Ted" journey. Go back in time to just after they stick the nails in big JC's hands & feet grab him, then shoot forward to A.D 630ish & grab Mohamed. Bring them both back to the 21st century & say look you pair of twats do you see how many people have died in your names? Your not the messiahs your very naughty boys!
Old May 31st 2010, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Any point in time, just like to live in reverse. Sick of finally understanding something in life and then realising I'm 10 years too late for it to be any use
Old May 31st 2010, 2:12 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by fish.01
Any point in time, just like to live in reverse. Sick of finally understanding something in life and then realising I'm 10 years too late for it to be any use
Yer sex organs ??
Old May 31st 2010, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Yer sex organs ??
Mine, no. They're one thing I had no trouble understanding
Old May 31st 2010, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Future.

I want to see where it's going. I remember when we didn't have mobile phones - I want to see aliens
That is what I was thinking. Given the choice I would rather go forward and see how the human race has advanced.
Old May 31st 2010, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Polly I've heard that knights in QLD can last for ages and arrive at 7 45 pm in summer !
Old May 31st 2010, 9:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Polly I've heard that knights in QLD can last for ages and arrive at 7 45 pm in summer !
They aren't the shining variety though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.