Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you could live at any point in history, when would you choose?

Wikiposts

If you could live at any point in history, when would you choose?

Old May 30th 2010, 5:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you could live at any point in history, when would you choose?

Bit like Lord Farquar's thread on where would you live.....I find it hard to anwer that one, probably cos the last time I choose WHERE to live I got it wrong

However, I've always wanted to be able to choose WHEN to live - quite fancy medieval days in England or France, around the time of Chaucer maybe, with all the chivalry and knights in shining armour and all that stuff. The era of the Wars of the Roses, with jousting knights and all that kind of romantic stuff! And if I could live in a castle that'd be even better

Quite fancy myself in one of those pointy hats with long veils trailing behind it (I think its called a henin, but if I'm wrong, please tell me!!) with a couple of knights fighting for my favours

Well everyone has to dream, don't they!!
Old May 30th 2010, 5:52 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If you could live at any point in history, when would you choose?

Hmmm.. good one.

Toss up between Victorian England as it powered the world into the industrial age... or Captain Kirk's right hand man. "come in peace, shoot to kill"
Old May 30th 2010, 5:58 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
...quite fancy medieval days in England or France, around the time of Chaucer maybe,
Too much mud... it must've been horrible.

Anyway - I've worked it out. After researching much based on TV and Movie representations of the time I belong in the 1940's. Apart from the whole 'war' thing (which lets face it might be a bit of a downer what with a high probability of injury) - everyone clearly operated together for the betterment of mandkind (at least the 'good half' of mankind) women it seems were all equipment with finely tuned bodies and loose morals (anyone in a uniform will do it seems), and families stuck together.

Iti s of course entirely possible that I've been duped by misrepresentation and in fact society was just as shit in the 1940s as it is today.
Old May 30th 2010, 6:11 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Bit like Lord Farquar's thread on where would you live.....I find it hard to anwer that one, probably cos the last time I choose WHERE to live I got it wrong

However, I've always wanted to be able to choose WHEN to live - quite fancy medieval days in England or France, around the time of Chaucer maybe, with all the chivalry and knights in shining armour and all that stuff. The era of the Wars of the Roses, with jousting knights and all that kind of romantic stuff! And if I could live in a castle that'd be even better

Quite fancy myself in one of those pointy hats with long veils trailing behind it (I think its called a henin, but if I'm wrong, please tell me!!) with a couple of knights fighting for my favours

Well everyone has to dream, don't they!!
Is that why you live in Queensland
Old May 30th 2010, 6:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Is that why you live in Queensland
No jousting knights here and not much chivalry, just a bunch of neanderthals I don't want to go THAT far back in history!!!
Old May 30th 2010, 6:20 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

tomorrow
Old May 30th 2010, 6:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Anything further back than 1900 doesn't have decent enough bathroom facilities for my liking. The 30s/40s would be good providing I was wealthy.
Old May 30th 2010, 6:26 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
providing I was wealthy.
enough to have an indoor loo
Old May 30th 2010, 6:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
enough to have an indoor loo
and land to support myself during the war and servants etc etc etc.
Old May 30th 2010, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

The week before I got married.
Old May 30th 2010, 7:30 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
But then you might not have got married, you might not have moved to Australia and you might not be living in bliss now :-P
Old May 30th 2010, 7:30 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

The morning of mine,i would of got a taxi straight past the registry office and down to surfers
Old May 30th 2010, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dreamy
But then you might not have got married, you might not have moved to Australia and you might not be living in bliss now :-P
ok. 1934 Germany then, so I can assassinate Hitler.
Old May 30th 2010, 7:33 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

ok. 1934 Germany then, so I can assassinate Hitler.
But then the second World War wouldn't have happened, and events may have conspired so that you wouldn't even have been born, or if you had, you wouldn't have moved to Australia and you wouldn't now be living in bliss

(Do you see where I'm going with this?)
Old May 30th 2010, 7:35 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Dreamy
But then the second World War wouldn't have happened, and events may have conspired so that you wouldn't even have been born, or if you had, you wouldn't have moved to Australia and you wouldn't now be living in bliss

(Do you see where I'm going with this?)
Ok ok i will assassinate hitler, Kporte can still be born and live in bliss in australia,some wimmin i dont know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.