Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

Originally Posted by Grayling
John Entwhistle, Keith moon and, I think, Jimmy page and Robert Plant actually made a recording (JP was in the yardbirds at the time).

JE suggested that, as a Supergroup they would go down like a LEAD Zeppelin.

When Led Zeppelin were formed (from the New Yardbirds) they adopted the name but dropped the 'E' out of 'lead' in order not to confuse the stupid Americans

Happy days.

G
Correction.......it was not Robert Plant....it was Jeff Beck, who was also in the Yardbirds.

The song was called 'Beck's Bolero'.

G
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mydearboy1
You saw the Small Faces you lucky bugger, i am only in my 30's but am obsessed with the 60's and you have now made me a very jealous man!!

My brother played in Edwin Starr's band.

G
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

ionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond reputeionaskye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WelshSarah
Jim Morrison
without question john lennon
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:47 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Without question.... The Lizard King, Mr. Mojo Risin', the master Poet trapped in the mind of an insane child who never grew up.

His poety and their music opened my eyes and changed my life. Simple as that.

I'll tell you about Texas radio and the big beat
Soft driven, slow and mad, like some new language
Reaching into your head with the cold, sudden fury of a divine messenger
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night

Out here in the perimeter there are no stars
Out here we is stoned... Immaculate.
The world was not worthy

Al

Last edited by bigAPE; Jul 17th 2008 at 9:54 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bigAPE
Without question.... The Lizard King, Mr. Mojo Risin', the master Poet trapped in the mind of an insane child who never grew up.

http://www.map-of-florida.net/famous...rrison-jim.jpg

The world was not worthy http://209.85.122.87/5900/89/0/e2786//e2786.gif

Al

Ditto... I went to his grave in Paris a few years ago....
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:48 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto... I went to his grave in Paris a few years ago....
Yeah, I've been to Pere Lachaise too. Very briefly.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.map-of-florida.net/famous...rrison-jim.jpg

The world was not worthy http://209.85.122.87/5900/89/0/e2786//e2786.gif

Al
Don't know about that, but his bitch looks like she was worth a punch though. I wonder who got to knob her after he topped himself? Lucky guy whoever he was.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Don't know about that, but his bitch looks like she was worth a punch though. I wonder who got to knob her after he topped himself? Lucky guy whoever he was.

Fair play, you are a smooth talking bar steward arent you!!!

It James Douglas Morrison deceased lead singer of The Doors...

The 'bitch' is Pamela Courson.....
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Fair play, you are a smooth talking bar steward arent you!!!

It James Douglas Morrison deceased lead singer of The Doors...

The 'bitch' is Pamela Courson.....
I know who he is/was.

Those '60s girls definitely had something about them.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know who he is/was.

Those '60s girls definitely had something about them.

ooooohhhhh soreeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Shes also dead!! Died 3 years after him....

Still if she was still alive she might look like the other sixties chick...
Attached Thumbnails If you could bring a dead rock star back to life-bardot2.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:40 pm
No Clean Feed

Don't know about that, but his bitch looks like she was worth a punch though. I wonder who got to knob her after he topped himself?
Erm, ok. You sure have a turn of phrase don't you. Ever considered writting lyrics for Gansta rappers ?
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Ever considered writting lyrics for Gansta rappers ?
No
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:58 pm
No Clean Feed

No
I'd give it a go, you seem to have a lot of talent. "Yo buck, give that bitch a punch fo shizzle".

Not really my cup of tea, but we're all different I guess.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Not really my cup of tea, but we're all different I guess.
Not mine either.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Oh nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.