Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If not the Daily Mail, then which online UK paper?

If not the Daily Mail, then which online UK paper?

Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute
Default If not the Daily Mail, then which online UK paper?

The Daily Mail is constantly slagged off on here, so which online newspaper do you use to give you a fair and informative view of what is going on back in the old country?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:32 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If not the Daily Mail, then which online UK paper?

The daily mail
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sunbather
The Daily Mail is constantly slagged off on here, so which online newspaper do you use to give you a fair and informative view of what is going on back in the old country?
Why would you want to read a uk paper anyway?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

I don't read any of the UK papers online and certainly not the Daily Mail (wouldn't wipe my backside with it). I get news from BBC and Sky websites. Neither of them are perfect, but they're the best of the bunch, IMO.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:42 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AHamm
I don't read any of the UK papers online and certainly not the Daily Mail (wouldn't wipe my backside with it). I get news from BBC and Sky websites. Neither of them are perfect, but they're the best of the bunch, IMO.
BBC

lol

Thats funny
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
BBC

lol

Thats funny
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Why?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:49 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

nothing wrong with the BBC ... they tell me all i should know ..... this isn't Russia .....
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:00 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

I go to the BBC site for the sports news (to keep my fantasy EPL team alive, basically) and to http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/ for the real news.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justsarah
Why would you want to read a uk paper anyway?
I just generally like to stay informed on what's going on in the world and the UK papers give a more worldwide account than Australian ones which stay much more to their own shores. I have a children living in the UK and what's going on there effects them and their lives.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I go to the BBC site for the sports news (to keep my fantasy EPL team alive, basically) and to http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/ for the real news.
What a quality paper!! I am glad they have highlighted the plight of the parkers at last!!!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:06 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by justsarah
What a quality paper!! I am glad they have highlighted the plight of the parkers at last!!!
Yup, Hutch put me onto that ... it's so good they've blocked it at work, always a good sign in a website
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:07 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Times on line and the Guardian - I like to get a balanced view!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:10 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Just the Beeb. I'm not that interested in UK goings on and can get a quick overview of the world as a whole. It's not perfect, but it does me. If I'm interested in something specific I'll dig deeper and go to a site for the country in question.

I know a lot of UK expats that read the Torygraph, but it's not quite my thing.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just generally like to stay informed on what's going on in the world and the UK papers give a more worldwide account than Australian ones which stay much more to their own shores. I have a children living in the UK and what's going on there effects them and their lives.
And you read The Daily Mail.... It must keep you awake at night!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.