Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

If its not spiders and ants its now ?

If its not spiders and ants its now ?

Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If its not spiders and ants its now ?

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Ewwwwww, chocolate and tomato sauce? Are you crazy?

Nice!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I can honestly say i never found a maggot in my bin in UK.

But as the weather in OZ gets warmer, my bin is infested with the little smelly gits...and ants.

Double wrap all food thrown in the bin.
Do you know what, we are not allowed to food food waste in the normal wheelie any more.
They have brought round a little brown bucket like bin with another inside to bring in your home to put all scrap scrapping in and then you have to put that out with the wheelie as well or you will get fined so they put on a leaflet when given to us.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:24 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by ausi dream
Do you know what, we are not allowed to food food waste in the normal wheelie any more.
They have brought round a little brown bucket like bin with another inside to bring in your home to put all scrap scrapping in and then you have to put that out with the wheelie as well or you will get fined so they put on a leaflet when given to us.
Maybe that would be a good idea here too. All scraps of food in a seperate bin. I would still double wrap it as it would stink <phewwwww>

We have a seperate bin for tins, bottles, boxes. Which is also a good idea.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

We have threeway recycling here. One wheelie bin for rubbish, one for bottles, cardboard boxes and plastics, and one for vege matter, including garden waste and food scraps. You definitely have to empty rubbish bins often and make sure your pets don't leave food in their bowl. The fly lifecycle seems to be speeded up in warm climates.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Maybe that would be a good idea here too. All scraps of food in a seperate bin. I would still double wrap it as it would stink <phewwwww>

We have a seperate bin for tins, bottles, boxes. Which is also a good idea.
Yep, we also have a green wheelie for recycling items as well as those other two.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

I also wrap my meat packages that i throw away in cling film so that the flies cant get in there.
I have found since doing that, that i have not had maggots any more.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:52 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shabee
MAGGOTS

Oh my God my outside bucket is moving with them!

x
get one of these we`ve used them since early last summer works a treat and nothing survives ps i think we get them from coles

http://www.binkill.com/
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:00 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
get one of these we`ve used them since early last summer works a treat and nothing survives ps i think we get them from coles

http://www.binkill.com/
I have bought those and still don't know if they work everytime the bin gets emptied it seems to disappear.

Yes i buy mine from coles.I need to strap it on better.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:21 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

I have bought those and still don't know if they work everytime the bin gets emptied it seems to disappear.

Yes i buy mine from coles.I need to strap it on better.
i cable tie it to handle
( cable ties are available from bunnies for a few bucks )
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

You lot are so funny.
I will take all advice on board and double wrap everything.
Does anyone know where to buy a spider grabber thing. I have heard about them but cant find one.
Ta
x
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:54 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shabee
You lot are so funny.
I will take all advice on board and double wrap everything.
Does anyone know where to buy a spider grabber thing. I have heard about them but cant find one.
Ta
x
Never seen a spider grabber big enough to cope with Aussie spiders, only English ones.

Get one of these:

Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:57 pm

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Never seen a spider grabber big enough to cope with Aussie spiders, only English ones.

Get one of these:

http://www.captbrian.com/images/NetThrow.jpg
Oh crap...can I buy this on ebay...will it pass customs?!!!!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:20 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ruby slippers
Oh crap...can I buy this on ebay...will it pass customs?!!!!
All good fishing shops.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:25 pm
Worongary

All good fishing shops.
catch you catch crabs with that or are we going off topic
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:26 pm

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
catch you catch crabs with that or are we going off topic
depends if its been used already

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.