ideas wanted!

Old Apr 13th 2014, 12:51 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ideas wanted!

Comfort and style in blue. You can't go wrong.

http://www.modestapparelusa.com/long...t-no-slit.html

And don't forget the co-ordinated millinery.

http://www.headcoverings-by-devorah....BucketKova.jpg
Old Apr 13th 2014, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Some really nice ones there.The first red dress is lovely as is the phase eight one.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at Cue.They do some really nice well cut dresses.Also check out Coast in the city.There are a few shops along that strip that may have something.Get yourself a really nice hair cut.If you are feeling a bit over weight you have till December to lose a couple of kilos.The girls at Kit make up inside the newish mall in the city are excellent at putting a look together and aren't at all pushy.Maybe take your future daughter in law out for the day and she could help.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Have a look at Cue.They do some really nice well cut dresses.Also check out Coast in the city.There are a few shops along that strip that may have something.Get yourself a really nice hair cut.If you are feeling a bit over weight you have till December to lose a couple of kilos.The girls at Kit make up inside the newish mall in the city are excellent at putting a look together and aren't at all pushy.Maybe take your future daughter in law out for the day and she could help.
Do you have goodlife and fernwood gyms over there? Local deals are selling one month memberships for $19 an $29 a month! Our goodlife is brand new, like a health club, has sauna, steam room, a month of all that and you feel great!
Old Apr 13th 2014, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Do you have goodlife and fernwood gyms over there? Local deals are selling one month memberships for $19 an $29 a month! Our goodlife is brand new, like a health club, has sauna, steam room, a month of all that and you feel great!
We have Good life but not sure about Fernwood.Last year I really wanted to join a gym with my husband as he was trying to lose weight.He hates the gym.So,since January we now go for an hours walk every evening at least five times a week.He has lost weight and it gets us out of the house for a break and the teens get to do their homework.And it is all free.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Thanks so much for your ideas, may be onto something!
Old Apr 13th 2014, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry if something is too long - you can get it shortened.

If fit is a problem, or you want to ensure originality, consider having a dress made -you have plenty of time.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 10:56 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Myers have some nice ones too but they are pricey.
would you take a trip to Melbourne? there is an Anthea Crawford factory outlet there on bridge st Richmond.

she does the mother of the bride stuff in Myers and david Jones but some of the stuff in the outlet is stunning and half the price of Myers

http://www.antheacrawford.com.au/ind...th-waist-motif
Old Apr 13th 2014, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by asher
would you take a trip to Melbourne? there is an Anthea Crawford factory outlet there on bridge st Richmond.

she does the mother of the bride stuff in Myers and david Jones but some of the stuff in the outlet is stunning and half the price of Myers

Now, that I do like!
Old Apr 13th 2014, 11:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Really! I wouldn't describe that as frumpy! Perhaps a little too casual for a mother of the groom outfit but not frumpy!
That's more my style even as a mother of a bride. I am not the sort of person to dress in something that isn't 'me' just because it's not fancy enough. Red accessories and shoes with that dress would feel comfortable for me. Plus as I get older I am anxious that I dress age appropriate rather than some trussed up piece of mutton.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 11:26 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Now, that I do like!
if that appeals then go fly to Melbourne when the special flight offers are on and have a look in bridge st Richmond my mate got her outfit there and she looked fabulous

have a word with your GP about the hair dye allergy and how bad it is, it might be worth taking antihistamines and hydrocortisone for a few days before and after a one off dye job for your hair for the wedding, several weeks before the wedding so any reaction is gone by then?
Old Apr 13th 2014, 11:34 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

That's a gorgeous dress but I think the 'stretch taffeta' would mean you'd have to whippet thin to wear it, especially across the beam! Just my opinion though, I'm a great believer in people wearing whatever they think suits them and makes them feel good. Melbourne's a great idea, far more choice than Perth and great bargains to be had in the outlets.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 2:18 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
That's more my style even as a mother of a bride. I am not the sort of person to dress in something that isn't 'me' just because it's not fancy enough. Red accessories and shoes with that dress would feel comfortable for me. Plus as I get older I am anxious that I dress age appropriate rather than some trussed up piece of mutton.
Totally agree, it's a lovely dress. I think it could be worn for a number of occasions, I like to get dresses that you could wear again somewhere and not just be reserved for events like weddings, what's the point in having gorgeous clothes if there just hanging in the wardrobe with no one to admire them.

Didn't princess di wear one similar to that in the 80s? I'm all for vintage but not sure if the 80s has made it to being classed as vintage yet
Old Apr 13th 2014, 10:44 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

My tips:

You've got 8 months to make sure you look absolutely fabulous, that's plenty of time.

1. Start an exercise regime - it doesn't have to be strenuous, a walk every day and some light resistance work. This will ensure you look healthy and toned.

2. Get your colours done so you know what suits you. This will help with outfits, make up and hair.

3. See a personal shopper. A lot of the big department stores offer this service for free. They may put you in things that you would never have taken off the hanger yourself and they may have a more critical eye regarding what suits.

4. Start having a monthly facial now and in the few weeks before the wedding have them weekly so your skin is glowing.

5. Invest in a couple of good pieces of make up - particularly a good base and blush.

It sounds like a lot of hard work but you will look fab on the day and the results will last a lot longer!
Old Apr 13th 2014, 11:17 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Dress like Maggie Thatcher - complete with handbag with a brick in it - and put the fear of god into the bride ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.