Ideas for dinner

Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

UGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really nice
Default Re: Ideas for dinner

[QUOTE=justsarah;6121650]Steak & Kidney Pie... Done in the slow cooker... Yum!!

recipe please

sounds brill for the ones that are at work all day
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justsarah
We just had Red Emporer for tea.... YUM!
What is that?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I love cooking, & every night we have dinner from different countries, but I like to think of different dishes that I havent tried, but I'm running out of idea to cook, any suggestion what do you eat for your dinner, this was just last week menu for the family, so different dishes everyday.

Monday- Curry
Tuesday - Lasagne
Wed- an Iranian dish
thursday- fish dish
so tonight is going to be to beef stroganoff.

please I need more ideas, can you help?
I made thai fishcakes the other day - they were great! (if I do say so myself)
j
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

What is that?
only one of the most delicious fish in the sea

mmm, I'm hungry
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

How about beef bourgingnon (sp?) it's basicaly coq au vin with beef, or I did a lovely casserole with beef and guiness served with veg and horseradish mash. I used a can of guiness and topped up with stock, or you can use any beer. I also put whole baby onions in, it's a real winter dish so might be best for when the weather is chilly.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flixy
How about beef bourgingnon (sp?) it's basicaly coq au vin with beef, or I did a lovely casserole with beef and guiness served with veg and horseradish mash. I used a can of guiness and topped up with stock, or you can use any beer. I also put whole baby onions in, it's a real winter dish so might be best for when the weather is chilly.
That was my first choice then I thought have chicken, but then i thought i prefer beef stroganff, the smell is so yummy, I'm just waitin for the OH to come home to pour the cream on it. your other recipe sounds really yummy I'll give it a go too, my children are my testers they tell me if I have done good job or not.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:46 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I do those for after school meal, but for dinner if I give them they wont touch it, its not their fault they were brought up that way to have dinner every night.
Ah...Dinner to me is dinner-time (noon).then Tea-time in the evening...just the way i've been brought up
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Swordfish steaks with any sort seasoning sprinkled on top. Bake on tray in hot oven for about 14-15 mins. Don't overcook. You can do salmon the same way.

Pasta bakes - good with chicken or tuna pieces quick-fried first.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:56 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken Paprika with sour cream-slice chicken breast into pieces (or use whole chicken thighs if prefer) and seal in olive oil, add paprika (as much as you can handle!), can chopped tomatoes, garlic. cook til tender then take off the heat & stir in 2 large dollops of creme fraiche/sour cream. Serve with saute potatoes, green salad and large glass of red.

Mmmmm..
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:58 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
cottage pie and shepherds pie one and the same

Irish stew has loads of versions usually lamb chops or neck end of lamb, potatoes carrots and onion
or you can use beef and add some guiness or stout.

have fun babe if you want recipes pm me
Isn't cottage pie beef (no veggies) and shepherd pie lamb (with chopped veggies in it)?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Chicken breast stuffed with Mozzarella cheese and wrapped in streaky bacon served with roasted vegetables and pepper sauce - yummy!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Tonight we are barbecueing -

Japanese patties (made with kangaroo it would seem)
Prawns in garlic and lime juice.
Chicken breast strips with steak seasoning.

yum.

Buzzy
BEST I COME TO YOU TO EAT WHEN WE GET THERE SOUNDS GREAT DO YOU WASH IT DOWN WITH LOTS OF WINE??
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

I was thinking of doing coq au vin, but beef stroganoff won,

also just found good recipe for wiener Schnitzel, I shall do that tomorrow,

mmm not very good with British cooking I bet shepherds pie is dead easy to make, is it the same as cottage pie? what do I put in Irish stew that sounds intersting, Fried chicken its another good idea i havent done corn fritters for ages so I'll try it, for next week.
Thanks kim
NACHOS YUM
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

mitosblog will become famous soon enough

Beef spaghetti would be nice..
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=justsarah;6121650]Steak & Kidney Pie... Done in the slow cooker... Yum!!

[QUOTE]

Post the recipe!!! We love Snakes & Pigmies Pie and love using the slow cooker. Combining the 2 would be fabulous.