Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I'd like to introduce you to a very early arrival...

I'd like to introduce you to a very early arrival...

Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:55 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'd like to introduce you to a very early arrival...

my heart felt thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....you can get through this and will cause thats what you have to do! draw on each others strength and keep positive and forward thinking

all my love and big hugs are sent your way, i bet you need a big bear hug?!

best wishes
mand
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Location: Gippsland, Victoria since April '05 and loving it! (ex-Belgium)
Libra76 will become famous soon enough

I have been thinking about you and little Flynn the last few days... sorry to hear about the not so good news. But he will get through this alright, everything will be alright and so will you. Great to hear that you get fantastic support from eachother, Flynn will feel that too and will fight even harder for it.

Hugs
Els
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:51 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold

Hi Hevs, many congrats on your little trouper. Being a NICU nurse I can kind of understand what your are going through, having such a preterm babe is a rollercoaster ride with no day being the same - just take everyday as it comes. Hope the scan results show improvement - premature babes are extremely strong and Flynn is no exception, our thoughts are with you.
Claire and Barryx
Old Nov 14th 2006, 12:24 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hello sweetheart

Just being doing a quick update read on your little man. Flynn has lovely strong parents and I am sure he is a fighter like them.!! Meant in the best sense of course.

Keep strong sweetie and remember you have so much support and many friends thinking about you all. Alfie and I are sending you and Flynn lots of light, love and positive thoughts. A very special little boy..!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 12:40 pm
true blue

paul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of lightpaul geezer is a glorious beacon of light

hi im new on the forum but just like to send our best wishes hes loverly hope everything goes well
Old Nov 14th 2006, 1:16 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts and prayers with you all.
he looks lovely, keeping everything crossed for thursdays scan. xxxx
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
After the year you have had Hevs (and gotten through), I have no doubt that Flynn has inherited those same fighting spirit genes from both parents.

He is absolutely stunning and my thoughts (as always) are with you and yours.

Take good care of yourselves and that little hero
absolutely!!! he's a cutie and a fighter like mum and dad i bet
Old Nov 14th 2006, 11:42 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Thanks everyone.

It was a huge shock and needless to say we went home totally devastated. However in my usual fashion i got my head round it and decided it could be much worse. It could be both sides, it could be bigger and there could have been further bleeds. Also they could have told us it would mean mental impairment, it doesn't.

We can get through this. Matt, my two big kids and my Mum are just fantastic and together we are really strong and very very close and everything that we can do for Flynn will be done

Thanks for all of your prayers and positive thoughts. I really draw strength from everyone else pulling for him and i pass it on to Flynn everyday
I am in such awe of you and Matt, Hevs. Flynn is lucky to have such strong, loving parents. And I'm sure that such traits run in families.

Sending lots of positive thoughts from Sydney for you all.

Nichola
Old Nov 15th 2006, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Karen72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to allKaren72 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Geordie George
I am in such awe of you and Matt, Hevs. Flynn is lucky to have such strong, loving parents. And I'm sure that such traits run in families.

Sending lots of positive thoughts from Sydney for you all.

Nichola
Hi, have just read all the threads, he is such a super little chappy and I wish you all the luck in the world for every test and check. Sending you strength and hugs. Karen.x
Old Nov 15th 2006, 2:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by belleandscone

I can kind of understand what your are going through, having such a preterm babe is a rollercoaster ride with no day being the same - just take everyday as it comes. Hope the scan results show improvement - premature babes are extremely strong and Flynn is no exception, our thoughts are with you.
Claire and Barryx

This post sums up what I wanted to say, bit of a roller coaster at first. Good wishes to the little fella from all of us too
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:01 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

OK....

Last Monday we found out that the day Flynn was born a technition has misread his brain scan, there had been a significant bleed to the right side of his brain. On Monday they did another scan to confirm and then they broke the news to us. Needless to say we were/ are devastated.

Yes its a big deal, its a grade 4 IVH which is the highest grade. Rather than me blither on trying to explain please read the link cos it does a great job....

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_ivh_hhg.htm

Last thursdays scan showed no further bleed, no change to the clot formation and a slightly larger ventrical.

Todays scan was better. Still no more bleeds and the clot is begining to disperse, however the ventrical is even slightly bigger. We have been told not to worry as this doesn't mean he had hydrocephilis-yet! His head circumferance is the same and his breathing rate (which has been fast-indicative of a brain trauma) is slowing gradually from 80/90 to between 60/70, still high but better.

All other obs are still good.

I am convinced that all of your prayers and positive thoughs are working so please keep em coming. The neuro surgeon who worked on Matt have justhad a look and are happy to keep an eye for now. Next scan Thurday.

Sorry to keep you all guessing but as you can imagine we were just totally and utterly shattered by the news and needed sometime to re group and gather our own thoughts about how we are feeling at this time.

Keep it all crossed for thursdays scan to tick all the boxes.

Had a fab day and were allowed to have him out for a well needed cuddle.

Hevs and Matt. xxx

Mums just showing off how big her hands are.

Me enjoying my first cuddle, but Mum enjoyed it even more!!

Dad had his first cuddle today

A handful of Flynn
Just caught up with your update from yesterday, Hevs. I can only imagine what you and Matt are going through at the moment. Our continued thoughts and prayers are with you both, and with little Flynn the Fighter.

Nicky
xxxx
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:52 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hev's

Just wanted to Congratulate you and your family on your beautiful baby boy! Flynn is absolutely gorgeous! Just wanted to send you my thoughts & prayers!

I cannot imagine what you are going through right now, But I know I am not alone in saying that the whole of BE are behind you and wishing all the best for your lil one!
Old Nov 15th 2006, 12:47 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks once again people

Just done last "feed" of the day and off for a whole four hours kip (thought i deserved a treat!) But its working. His feeds are upped to a whole 8 ml per two hours and he's back up to his birth weight a whole 1.160 kilos!!!

He had an echo done on his heart today and they confirmed the mumur was from the duct not closing. At this point in time they just want to keep an eye cos the medicine can cause bleeding and lets face it, thats all he needs!!

I told him hes got to get big and strong cos he has his public to meet! He opened an eye for a few seconds and gave it some thought before he fell asleep again. The jaundice lamp was back on today and he has to wear dark goggles so he just sleeps
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Newbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really niceNewbie13 is just really nice

I just can not think what to type as I can not imagine what you and your family are going through. My prayers and best wishes go out to you.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks once again people

Just done last "feed" of the day and off for a whole four hours kip (thought i deserved a treat!) But its working. His feeds are upped to a whole 8 ml per two hours and he's back up to his birth weight a whole 1.160 kilos!!!

He had an echo done on his heart today and they confirmed the mumur was from the duct not closing. At this point in time they just want to keep an eye cos the medicine can cause bleeding and lets face it, thats all he needs!!

I told him hes got to get big and strong cos he has his public to meet! He opened an eye for a few seconds and gave it some thought before he fell asleep again. The jaundice lamp was back on today and he has to wear dark goggles so he just sleeps

great news hun, told you he's a fighter and i'm sure it wont be long before they can sort out his little glitch keep your chin up high lady xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.