Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Iam English Because......

Iam English Because......

Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by binky

The only thing that annoys the rest of the UK is when the English refer to Britain as England. And comments that English people make like we should just give the Scots independence if they want it. As if it's theirs to give!

I heard an interesting one yesterday.

Some English authority was saying (on Perth talkback radio) that the proposed Britain Day was a great idea. (he was an official from the UK being interviewed on the radio). He was asked when it should be celebrated.

And he said......."well of course it should be celebrated on ...St Georges Day".

I couldn't believe it - I cringed as I was driving along and waited for the calls of protest to come in...
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:07 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

It doesn't work...cos you just made it up. Where did you get this idea that the English had to be British? Who said it? Certainly no one in this thread. You're having an argument with yourself.

I don't consider myself British, I consider myself Scottish so how would I expect English people to have to consider themselves to be British?

The only thing that annoys the rest of the UK is when the English refer to Britain as England. And comments that English people make like we should just give the Scots independence if they want it. As if it's theirs to give!

Apart from that you can call yourself whatever you like. I certainly couldn't give a ****.
It not just English that class Britain as england it happens everywhere people ask are you English and your talking to them in the broadest scottish accent its a tough one for me because i was born in England but brought up in Scotland have a broad Scot's accent so i tend to say yeh im from the UK.

People tend to think the Scots have a huge problem with the english but in my experience its not the case half my family is English the other Scottish its never been a problem.

kezx
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:15 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
People tend to think the Scots have a huge problem with the english but in my experience its not the case half my family is English the other Scottish its never been a problem.

kezx
my bestest mates are English, in fact, the majority of our friends are english, but i dont see them as being english (if you are with me) in fact most people, i dont see them as anything, other than who they are, i couldnt give a stuff whether they are english, irish scottish,welsh,black, white yellow, green, catholic, prodestant, jewish etc etc
i take people as i find them, and i hope people do the same with me
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
i couldnt give a stuff whether they are english, irish scottish,welsh,black, white yellow, green, catholic, prodestant, jewish etc etc
You sound like David Brent - "I couldn't care whether they are brown, white, yellow (We have a lot of good chinese workers here). I employed a Greek once...he was good. Well he he was useless actually...."
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:20 am

my bestest mates are English, in fact, the majority of our friends are english, but i dont see them as being english (if you are with me) in fact most people, i dont see them as anything, other than who they are, i couldnt give a stuff whether they are english, irish scottish,welsh,black, white yellow, green, catholic, prodestant, jewish etc etc
i take people as i find them, and i hope people do the same with me
Totally agree with you im the same as long as i can get on with someone doesnt matter at all where they are from etc.....

kezx
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:21 am
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
tosser
Great response....good to see you can a civilised discussion.

Well if that's your level you're obviously a ****ing areshole with a persecution complex.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:22 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Great response....good to see you can a civilised discussion.

Well if that's your level you're obviously a ****ing areshole with a persecution complex.
I could have said scottish tosser but was being polite this morning.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:29 am

Is there any need for that!! you are trying to make this thread into something its not a Scottish v's English thread.

Last edited by kez81; Jun 7th 2007 at 12:33 am.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:38 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
You sound like David Brent - "I couldn't care whether they are brown, white, yellow (We have a lot of good chinese workers here). I employed a Greek once...he was good. Well he he was useless actually...."
thanks
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:39 am
Made the move -

how are you today? are you feeling any better than yesterday?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
Is there any need for that!! you are trying to make this thread into something its not a Scottish v's English thread.
that is not the case, my best pal is from Erskine so I doubt very much I have a hatred for scots. however binky has wound me up before and the fact he/she is scottish has nothing to do with it.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

how are you today? are you feeling any better than yesterday?
not really, upsetting lots of scottish folk this morning though
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:42 am
Made the move -

not really, upsetting lots of scottish folk this morning though
its nearly the weekend, and a holiday weekend at that YAY !!!!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

its nearly the weekend, and a holiday weekend at that YAY !!!!
we had our long weekend this one just gone. what are you celebrating over there?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks
It wasn't meant as - you're a donkey like David Brent. It just made me laugh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.