Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Iam English Because......

Iam English Because......

Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:58 am
A mile High

Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer View Post
Having just read this thread, I am totally astounded at some of the attitudes coming through!
Quite frankly, who gives a s................... wether you're English or British or whatever? Personally, I would say if you were born in england, then you are both and should be proud of being both!
What's important is, we are all human beings and we all share the same planet!
Such petty squabbling about nationality really throws me, I just don't get it!
hmm and you've never got involved in any petty squabbles on here before have you
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:01 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mark FitzGerald View Post
I support my national cricket team even after we lose. I dont mind the rain the cold or the damp it helps us blokes get laid, I drink my beer in pints because I can. I beleive football is the greatest game ever and we will win the world cup again. Anyone can draw a picture of our flag even when drunk. I know the words to my national anthem well most of them, I dislike the French ( doesnt everybody). I can get sunburnt in 5 minutes flat on a cloudy day. mmmm Still I am English and proud

But What makes you english???
I am incapable of wearing a pukka Aussie bush hat without looking like a twonk.

I know, my wife has told me many times ... but still I persist.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:13 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rebabaros View Post
hmm and you've never got involved in any petty squabbles on here before have you
Read my post............it is the subject which the petty squabbling is about that concerns me!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:16 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Read my post............it is the subject which the petty squabbling is about that concerns me!
So because you don't agree with the subject the petty squabling is pathetic. If you are happy to be called British then fine, I am not and that should also be fine.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:17 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird View Post
So because you don't agree with the subject the petty squabling is pathetic. If you are happy to be called British then fine, I am not and that should also be fine.
'Pathetic' - you're word, not mine!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

'Pathetic' - you're word, not mine!
I would argue with my own shadow today Fluffy love.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:23 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebabaros View Post
lol, sorry, im making you angry, we had a little lady on our flight last week, and the way you have worded your responses make you sound like her, she was from Blackpool and was on a return flight home to the UK after staying with her son in Melly , and she grumbled lots! but she was so sweet and funny, a definate character
That is so not NB
You wouldn't like her when she's really angry

I consider myself English because I was born there and my parents were too.
My hubbys parents were Irish and he was born in England and if he had to say, he would say he's British.
The only time I say British is on offical forms (because you have to).
But then again I don't give a t*ss, you take me as you find me
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I was born in England. A Glaswegian wouldn't say he was British anymore than someone from Cardiff so I don't understand why I can't say I am English.
Which is why in another post I said that I'd be very happy for the Scots to get independence.

I think that we hear lots from disgruntled Scots, Welsh and Irish about control from London. I think it's about time the English stood up for themselves, found pride in being English and not British and voted for English independence.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by nightnurse2 View Post
That is so not NB
You wouldn't like her when she's really angry

I consider myself English because I was born there and my parents were too.
My hubbys parents were Irish and he was born in England and if he had to say, he would say he's British.
The only time I say British is on offical forms (because you have to).
But then again I don't give a t*ss, you take me as you find me
Mmmm, good job I know you isn't it chick

Actually I buck the trend and write English for nationality even on all my immigration forms. Never ever been pulled up on it.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:26 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2 View Post
Which is why in another post I said that I'd be very happy for the Scots to get independence.

I think that we hear lots from disgruntled Scots, Welsh and Irish about control from London. I think it's about time the English stood up for themselves, found pride in being English and not British and voted for English independence.
absolutely, all this namby pamby british european shite gets my goat something chronic.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:28 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm English because I was born there ....

And soon will be an Australian citizen ....as I live here
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:32 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I buck the trend and write English for nationality even on all my immigration forms. Never ever been pulled up on it.
Same here, just Welsh instead.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:44 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mark FitzGerald View Post
I support my national cricket team even after we lose. I dont mind the rain the cold or the damp it helps us blokes get laid, I drink my beer in pints because I can. I beleive football is the greatest game ever and we will win the world cup again. Anyone can draw a picture of our flag even when drunk. I know the words to my national anthem well most of them, I dislike the French ( doesnt everybody). I can get sunburnt in 5 minutes flat on a cloudy day. mmmm Still I am English and proud
But What makes you english???
After 3 days of rain although we need it it's reminding me of English dull depressing sky already and wishing for sunshine. We supported Wales the other day as they are part of Great Britain and that's the passport we have as we haven't become Aussie citizens quite yet and look what happened they got thrashed....

Originally Posted by Geordie George View Post
I am English.
And British.
And Australian.
It's bloody confusing, I tell ya!
You forgot the United Kingdom where they chuck Northern Ireland in as well.

well good for you. If I had a preference I would be Northern not English but there you go.
Agree you should have the chance to be Northern like Ireland, Wales and Scotland as the namby pamby southeners think nothing exists after Manchester and that's if they even recognise Manchester.

Last edited by annqldau; Jun 6th 2007 at 8:54 am.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2 View Post

The problem there is that you have no resources to sell on so independence might not be so appealing
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:49 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau View Post

Agree you should have the chance to be Northern like Ireland, Wales and Scotland as the namby pamby southeners think nothing exists after Manchester and that's if they even recognisee Manchester.

that was really funny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.