Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Iam English Because......

Iam English Because......

Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice
Default Re: Iam English Because......

Originally Posted by rebabaros
lol, sorry, im making you angry, we had a little lady on our flight last week, and the way you have worded your responses make you sound like her, she was from Blackpool and was on a return flight home to the UK after staying with her son in Melly , and she grumbled lots! but she was so sweet and funny, a definate character
Meaning what.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:23 am
A mile High

Location: Noosa, soon to be the US of A (for a little while anyway)
rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
Don't think so mate.

OK, "officially" British, just like "officially" Scottish people are British.

I can understand why you would feel British though, you say you were born in Spain, I would have thought most immigrants to the UK would consider themselves British and not English/Scottish/Welsh.
im not an immigrant, my mother is spanish, and i was born there only, my father is from London actually, i lived between the two countries most of my childhood years and consider them both to be home
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:24 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

.. after staying with her son in Melly
Now you're making all the Victorians angry by calling Melbourne "Melly".
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:25 am
A mile High

rebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to beholdrebabaros is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
yes you are making me angry but I am having a bad day so everyone has the potential to make me angry today. tehnically I could say you weren't british as although you were brought up there you were born in Spain and to me would be Spanish.
yes i am spanish/british/australian, and soon to be moving to the USA (unfortunatley) but hopefully back in Aus after 2 years.
hope your day gets better.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Well good for you. I am English and proud and hate being referred to as British.
Well said, I also fall into that bracket!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:26 am
A mile High

Originally Posted by renth
Now you're making all the Victorians angry by calling Melbourne "Melly".
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:26 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

im not an immigrant, my mother is spanish, and i was born there only, my father is from London actually, i lived between the two countries most of my childhood years and consider them both to be home
Then you'll understand why a Catalan would not call themselves "Spanish" despite their passport saying different.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:34 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Having just read this thread, I am totally astounded at some of the attitudes coming through!
Quite frankly, who gives a s................... wether you're English or British or whatever? Personally, I would say if you were born in england, then you are both and should be proud of being both!
What's important is, we are all human beings and we all share the same planet!
Such petty squabbling about nationality really throws me, I just don't get it!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:38 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm Manx ...

I'm not English ...

I am British ...

I'm not from the United Kingdom ...

I am European ...

I'm not Australian ...

I am a Gobshite ...

Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I'm Manx ...

I'm not English ...

I am British ...

I'm not from the United Kingdom ...

I am European ...

I'm not Australian ...

I am a Gobshite ...

European - wtf is European. That is even worse than being British
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:42 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe my latest passport has "European Union" emblazened across it ...

European - wtf is European. That is even worse than being British
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I forgot we sold our soul to the devil didn't we.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:43 am
(It's not my real name)

It might as well say "Europe, World, Solar System, Milky Way, Univerrse"
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:44 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Having just read this thread, I am totally astounded at some of the attitudes coming through!
Quite frankly, who gives a s................... wether you're English or British or whatever? Personally, I would say if you were born in england, then you are both and should be proud of being both!
What's important is, we are all human beings and we all share the same planet!
Such petty squabbling about nationality really throws me, I just don't get it!
I'm with you on this one Fluffy. Personally, I'm from Scotland so I'm British, Scottish, European depending on who's asking. When I saw this thread I just thought, there's a thread about folks from England, let's see what it says. I don't much care that it was directed at "English" people directly. There's been plenty of threads for Scots over the past months. What's the big deal???
Old Jun 6th 2007, 6:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I am English because a) I was born and brought up there; b) both my parents and their parents etc etc were born and bred there; c) I love all things English (and British) excluding the cold and obviously a few Welsh. My passport may say I am British and strangely that I am European but I consider myself to be English. No argument, no histrionics, no stress, it's all cool. Well it's piggin chilly at the mo but such is life

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.