I want to go home

Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:55 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to go home

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It's been raining a bit, but not much, especially compared to what you've had

Its eased off now,cleared the garage of all our junk & hubby swam to the tip in the jeep!I had started clearing the garage before the rain had started & it was all pilled up outside the garage so hubby had no choice but to go & get rid of it all
The house we are in sits on quite a steep hill & its like pouring water down a chute when it rains as heavy as it has today kids love it!! no doubt the garden will be full of cane toads tonight!

Donna.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Its eased off now,cleared the garage of all our junk & hubby swam to the tip in the jeep!I had started clearing the garage before the rain had started & it was all pilled up outside the garage so hubby had no choice but to go & get rid of it all
The house we are in sits on quite a steep hill & its like pouring water down a chute when it rains as heavy as it has today kids love it!! no doubt the garden will be full of cane toads tonight!

Donna.
It's chucking it down here. Luckily hubby managed to clear the guttering and down pipes after last week so the rain appears to flooding the garden not the verandahs this time
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:31 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: I want to go home

Originally Posted by 232Bar
But the new debate is SO much more interesting than the OP problem
I think a consensus is forming about your sensibilities. You do generally put out more crass and careless posts than you do caring and helpful ones.

Capiche?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:42 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
It's chucking it down here. Luckily hubby managed to clear the guttering and down pipes after last week so the rain appears to flooding the garden not the verandahs this time
Nice & dry here now,Daughters having a pool party next Sunday for her birthday,please,please i hope it does'nt rain? I think having a dozen 8yr olds screeming in the house will tip me over the edge.....

Donna.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Is the Midget Gem order cancelled then?? Let me know, as it leaves more room for Monster Munch
=======================

To "Scared" - talk it over with your partner, after all, you are in this together. It does get easier, and that is from someone who has suffered horrendous homesickness. After two and a half years, maybe I am starting to feel at home. 3 weeks is too short to decide. I know there are people who have gone back, and they knew after three weeks that they would eventually leave. However there are also many people here who eventually decided to stay. Set yourself a reasonable time, and work to that.
The thing to remember is - you are with the people who are important in your life, so try and work things through together
===========================================

This thread is now moving to the Barbie as its gone way off topic - in spite of Sam's intervention - sorry guys, but if I don't do it, someone else will!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 4:14 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

[
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:34 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I think a consensus is forming about your sensibilities. You do generally put out more crass and careless posts than you do caring and helpful ones.

Capiche?
Now how do you comment on my sensibilities without knowing me personally. I did find the debate over medicine vs herbal quite interesting, much more so than reading about someone who wants to go home because they 'just can't cope' after less than 3 weeks. I find the fact that most people want to jump in there with hand wringing and "oh dear it will be ok, just you wait and see" etc quite sickening. I don't consider it to be careless to ask "are you mad?" when someone does the "woe is me I have to go back to good old England" - I would ask that to their face, not just on here. How many other people thought that (go on - hands up, I know you're out there) Is it 'caring and helpful' to encourage her to stay - you could be doing more harm than good. Since when has an opposing view to the 'liberal norm' been a cause to have ones sensibilities called into question. You have no concept at all of my sensibilities - maybe mine are more realistic than yours. I have a different view of people 'not giving it a fair go' than others. I question how people have gotten this far with that sort of attitude. Of course a move half way around the world will throw up some issues - but it's a fact of life that you either fold or work through them. Nothing people can say here can really affect how the OP feels - it seems that her mind is already made up. Also, if you read back you will find that I had already made a comment about 'not wanting to see people fail' but, unfortunately, some people do. Personally, if I was going to call it a day ot here I'd be more inclined to do it after giving it a lot longer than 3 weeks, again, posted in one of my earlier messages.

I think the consensus appears to be your view for now, but saying that, I don't mind if others think the same. It would be a boring old place if we all had the same views and sensibilities. I am happy for you to have your view, wouldn't it be 'polite' to allow me mine? Because my view offends or upsets you doesn't make it wrong, it just makes it different. I do look at things in a more realistic maner - I've already told my parents before I came over that I won't be back for funerals etc - no point travelling all that way when they are already dead. No doubt that view will horrify some - others will agree totally.

I do not slate you for your views, do not slate me for mine. I'm sure I could trawl through your threads and find some that do upset or offend me, but I accept them as views different to mine which I might argue a point of view over, but at the end of the day - it's your view.

Different people have different personalities which affect the way they deal with things, their views on things and the way they live their life - accept that and you'll be much less inclined to call into doubt the sensibilities of others.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:03 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Now how do you comment on my sensibilities without knowing me personally. I did find the debate over medicine vs herbal quite interesting, much more so than reading about someone who wants to go home because they 'just can't cope' after less than 3 weeks. I find the fact that most people want to jump in there with hand wringing and "oh dear it will be ok, just you wait and see" etc quite sickening. I don't consider it to be careless to ask "are you mad?" when someone does the "woe is me I have to go back to good old England" - I would ask that to their face, not just on here. How many other people thought that (go on - hands up, I know you're out there) Is it 'caring and helpful' to encourage her to stay - you could be doing more harm than good. Since when has an opposing view to the 'liberal norm' been a cause to have ones sensibilities called into question. You have no concept at all of my sensibilities - maybe mine are more realistic than yours. I have a different view of people 'not giving it a fair go' than others. I question how people have gotten this far with that sort of attitude. Of course a move half way around the world will throw up some issues - but it's a fact of life that you either fold or work through them. Nothing people can say here can really affect how the OP feels - it seems that her mind is already made up. Also, if you read back you will find that I had already made a comment about 'not wanting to see people fail' but, unfortunately, some people do. Personally, if I was going to call it a day ot here I'd be more inclined to do it after giving it a lot longer than 3 weeks, again, posted in one of my earlier messages.

I think the consensus appears to be your view for now, but saying that, I don't mind if others think the same. It would be a boring old place if we all had the same views and sensibilities. I am happy for you to have your view, wouldn't it be 'polite' to allow me mine? Because my view offends or upsets you doesn't make it wrong, it just makes it different. I do look at things in a more realistic maner - I've already told my parents before I came over that I won't be back for funerals etc - no point travelling all that way when they are already dead. No doubt that view will horrify some - others will agree totally.

I do not slate you for your views, do not slate me for mine. I'm sure I could trawl through your threads and find some that do upset or offend me, but I accept them as views different to mine which I might argue a point of view over, but at the end of the day - it's your view.

Different people have different personalities which affect the way they deal with things, their views on things and the way they live their life - accept that and you'll be much less inclined to call into doubt the sensibilities of others.

Here's my pennys-worth to you...First of all you need to keep taking deep breaths....deep breaths.....

This is the last time I will comment on this matter. What I personally think is that (and I do think that there would be a consensus of agreement on this point) given the original subject matter and request for advice and help from a very upset OP (also human being) this would upset me greatly:

"But the new debate is SO much more interesting than the OP problem"

It would simply seem crass, boorish, insensitive and very upsetting and serve NO purpose in helping a frightened and worried human being. In fact it would be completely counter-productive and a long way from being classed as a constructive, informed or alternatively-biased remark.

I await your retort with the same degree of enthusiasm that a drug-smuggler caught in Vietnam awaits their sentencing.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 20th 2006 at 1:43 pm. Reason: Spelling correction at request of OP
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:12 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
What I personally think is that (and I do think that there would be a consensus of agreement on this point) given the original subject matter and request for advice and help from a very upset OP (also human being) this would upset me greatly:

"But the new debate is SO much more interesting than the OP problem"

It would simply seem crass, boorish, insensitive and very upsetting and serve NO purpose in helping a frightened and worried human being. In fact it would be completely counter-productive and a long way from being classed as a constructive, informed or alternatively-biased remark.

I await your retort with the same degree of enthusiasm that a drug-smuggler caught in Vietnam awaits their sentencing.
It was never meant to help a frightened and worried human being - I was enjoying the debate between the two opposing views. To me it was much more interesting. A bit like the difference between serious drama and a soap opera (OP situation being the soap opera of course)

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 20th 2006 at 1:44 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

It was never meant to help a frightened and worried human being - I was enjoying the debate between the two opposing views. To me it was much more interesting. A bit like the difference between serious drama and a soap opera (OP situation being the soap opera of course)
oh dear...moderators, move this to the moving back to the uk forum. Hopefully, thats a site the above either wont go on...or a site where they might read how desperate people have been in the past and the type of support they got.
or 232bar...start your own forum on drugs..then those who want to discuss with you, can. that will leave us space to help scared if we can in any way
thanks
c
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by chance to be
oh dear...moderators, move this to the moving back to the uk forum. Hopefully, thats a site the above either wont go on...or a site where they might read how desperate people have been in the past and the type of support they got.
or 232bar...start your own forum on drugs..then those who want to discuss with you, can. that will leave us space to help scared if we can in any way
thanks
c
Why start a drugs forum - not really interested in them - it was the discussion I was watching. Yet another hand wringer?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:41 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Now now Ang - don't be jumping on the bandwagon LOL
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:45 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Now now Ang - don't be jumping on the bandwagon LOL
I'm not, I'm just tired
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I'm not, I'm just tired
Any takers on the house yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.