I want to go home

Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:25 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to go home

If you really must bore everyone shitless about anti-depressants vs homeopathic remedies, start your own thread instead of hijacking one. Honestly, you're like a couple of prefects talking over the heads of a group of third years.

Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:29 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Angry Re: I want to go home

Pardon the interruption but if I were the OP I would be slitting my wrists by now.....her cry for help and reassurance has dissolved into a hijacking and row which will be of no help whatsoever!!!!!!

Why do we need to prove who's right or wrong, we can debate stuff on other forums - this was about someone moved to Australia on an Australia forum- not Prozac on a prozac forum!!!! If we're truly about supporting one another and lending a hand then lets do that

Like a lot of people I'm starting to feel uncomfortable posting on this site for fear of getting shot down in flames.

End of rant

Phil x
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:37 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't use or recommend prozac (or seroxat) and never would. There are far safer anti-depressents that are very effective. Mine just helped me get on my feet, then I stopped after six months. What really worked for me was psychological therapy (talking, understanding, strategies).

People have dies because of unsafe medications. People have also died through untreated depression. Treatments that do not work (flower remedies, aromatherapy, homeopathy) = untreated depression. I'm all in favour of any treatment that has PROVEN EFFICACY and is ACCEPTABLY SAFE. Many alternative remedies do not fulfill these criteria - or at least for many there is no evidence that they do. I would love it if they did because before I researched this area as a scientist I used them and liked the idea. But if they don't work, they don't work. Some do. Many don't. If you prefer websites to scientific journals, here's one for you: www.quackwatch.org. I cannot vouch for any of the information because I favour clinical evidence. But it may open your eyes to some 'alternative therapists' and remove some bias against clinically proven psychological and medical therapies. I'm sure many people are making a very nice income out of alternative medicine, but are they mis-selling?

I wonder if all the anti-medical brigade would go to an aromatherapist if they had cancer, heart disease, etc. It's something like people who complain about the police, until they are a victim of serious crime.
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
If you really must bore everyone shitless about anti-depressants vs homeopathic remedies, start your own thread instead of hijacking one. Honestly, you're like a couple of prefects talking over the heads of a group of third years.

This thread was hijacked yesterday...if you have bothered to read it .
If people are going to make unfounded claims then they must accept a reply.

Most threads get hijacked at some point or haven't you noticed

G

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scared
I know we 've been here under 3 weeks and that's just not lnog enought I know to give the country a go. We planned for this to be our new life but I'm finding things just too hard. My partner loves it here and is so interested in his job. I've also got a teaching job starting in a couple of weeks. The animals are in quaratine for a couple of weeks. I know I should give it a go but I'm just so unhappy and have lost all of my confidence I just don't know what to do anymore. My partner says I would be walking out on him but it's not that. I love him so much I just can't do the Australia thing but didn't realise this really till I got here. The only way I can stay is if I think I'm going home at the end of the year. How do we go about shipping pets back to the UK - they have pet passports but no rabies vaccinations as that was not a requirement for Australia. Advice and help needed please. :scared:

Bumped to get back to the original point.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:45 pm

ShozInOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by philian4
Pardon the interruption but if I were the OP I would be slitting my wrists by now.....her cry for help and reassurance has dissolved into a hijacking and row which will be of no help whatsoever!!!!!!

Why do we need to prove who's right or wrong, we can debate stuff on other forums - this was about someone moved to Australia on an Australia forum- not Prozac on a prozac forum!!!! If we're truly about supporting one another and lending a hand then lets do that

Like a lot of people I'm starting to feel uncomfortable posting on this site for fear of getting shot down in flames.

End of rant

Phil x
Good point Phil, but EVERY thread changes in character over time. I offered my words yesterday also to the OP. I also think the best thing she can do is see a counsellor or psychologist. Grief is a psychological issue, after all.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

rancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant future

every one has different opinions, doesnt mean one person is right and one is wrong.

just out of interest though, my sister went to a natural therapist (for something very different to depression) after the NHS had given up on helping her, she had tried all the drugs out there, had unsuccessful operations and they basically said there was nothing left to try. After a session with the natural therapist she was alot better, and now 12 months on she no longer has any of the problems and it is like it never happened.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 4:46 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Bumped to get back to the original point.
But the new debate is SO much more interesting than the OP problem
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
But the new debate is SO much more interesting than the OP problem
not nice
when you're depressed, you dont need sarcy comments.

scared - i hope a lot of helpful people have pm'd you. i havent pm'd because i live in perth so dont know how useful itd be. please meet up with those in your area - make sure you see someone every day - even if its just going to the shops
feel free to pm me and if you want a chat, ill give you my tel no
c x
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:48 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

they have pet passports but no rabies vaccinations as that was not a requirement for Australia. Advice and help needed please. :scared:
I've said time and time again, even if you think you'll love Oz and 'never' return its far better to have all the jabs done in the UK 'in case' you return, than have to stay another 7 months to avoid quarantine back here.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:53 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright

If you seriously feel like this then you shouldn't have left your comfort zone!

Mmmm...how did she know she would feel like this then? She had to leave the comfort zone to know how she felt.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:58 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShozInOz
and I would not take Prozac - there are now far safer alternatives)
NAME THEM ????? I am not wanting to get into a bun fight but I am genuinely interested to learn which ones you are on about ... Please PM me if you would prefer.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 12:00 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sel
NAME THEM ????? I am not wanting to get into a bun fight but I am genuinely interested to learn which ones you are on about ... Please PM me if you would prefer.
yes i would be interested in the ones that are apparently safer?

what are they? you can also pm me if you would prefer

mand
Old Jan 18th 2006, 12:02 pm
home again, home again

Thanks for all of the advice....I am still reading through some of them. The panic attacks and fear are real...I'm in Melbourne so if anyone would like to meet up with me who has been through this them PM me....
Shortly after we had arrived in Perth (about two weeks) we met up with some friends who took us out into the country to visit their relatives. We travelled about an hour or so out of Perth. I remember very clearly when I got out of the car the horrid feeling of being so far away (from UK). I've never suffered from a panic attack but I can imagine that I came close that day.

It's a feeling like being out of control of where you are and how you are feeling. I was able to push it away for the next 16 months but would not 'want' to have done that forever.
Good luck
Old Jan 18th 2006, 12:04 pm
home again, home again

Originally Posted by sel
Midget Gems (the black ones are now black current! ) and Strawberry Bon Bons work wonders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.