Wikiposts

I Walked!!!

Old Dec 7th 2007, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I Walked!!!

Glad to hear things are getting better for you Kat

Take care

Suexx
Old Dec 7th 2007, 12:52 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics KAJ,but when was the last time the nurses changed your sheets
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:03 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I can drive!!!

Another quick update...

Seen the consultant again. Got the ok to start driving Christmas week - well the roads were pretty mad so i declined, until KOH went and broke his hand! Then i had to drive, and it was fine.
It does hurt a bit, but i can do emergency stops and the rest of the driving bits...stop start traffic is tough - feels like my plate is twisting but otherwise im doing fine.
(drove over 260 miles over xmas)

Consultant had a good old feel of the leg/knee, he wasnt too happy with my crepitus/crunching, it feels disgusting but sounds a whole lot worse...
My new xrays show my plateau has not stayed settled, i dont know if this means my bone graft hasnt taken, but i have grit bits of bone floating in the knee joint area - some bits are 1/2 cm by 1/2 cm = big grit!
I have to go back on the 14th Jan, to schedule more surgery. Consultant has promised to get me through surgery and back to as good as possible before we fly.
Currently i can bend my leg to 93', not quite enough to ride my exercise bike - thats my aim - ride a bike.
Im still using a brace/splint but have ditched the crutches woohoo.

Hope you all had a great festive period and had lots of fun...
i wish i could jog my 'festive fun' off
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:34 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Another quick update...

Seen the consultant again. Got the ok to start driving Christmas week - well the roads were pretty mad so i declined, until KOH went and broke his hand! Then i had to drive, and it was fine.
It does hurt a bit, but i can do emergency stops and the rest of the driving bits...stop start traffic is tough - feels like my plate is twisting but otherwise im doing fine.
(drove over 260 miles over xmas)

Consultant had a good old feel of the leg/knee, he wasnt too happy with my crepitus/crunching, it feels disgusting but sounds a whole lot worse...
My new xrays show my plateau has not stayed settled, i dont know if this means my bone graft hasnt taken, but i have grit bits of bone floating in the knee joint area - some bits are 1/2 cm by 1/2 cm = big grit!
I have to go back on the 14th Jan, to schedule more surgery. Consultant has promised to get me through surgery and back to as good as possible before we fly.
Currently i can bend my leg to 93', not quite enough to ride my exercise bike - thats my aim - ride a bike.
Im still using a brace/splint but have ditched the crutches woohoo.

Hope you all had a great festive period and had lots of fun...
i wish i could jog my 'festive fun' off
Hi babe
lucky you driving! sorry to hear about the crepitous and the debris, I hope the surgery goes well I am currently trying to get rid of the excess flab at a fast hobble

I have found swimming is less painful so get yourself down the pool

Here's hoping you are on your bike soon

Cheers
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:46 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Asher,
Glad to hear you had a fab hols...

I got the go ahead for swimming - but we have a shortage of pools in Cheltenham, due to the July floods - theyre closed/being refurbed etc.
Going to travel to tewkesbury for their pool, i also have ammassed quite a bit of excess flab - 5 months of no exercise is bad news! (as you know)
You take care, catch up soon.
Kat xxx

Originally Posted by asher
Hi babe
lucky you driving! sorry to hear about the crepitous and the debris, I hope the surgery goes well I am currently trying to get rid of the excess flab at a fast hobble

I have found swimming is less painful so get yourself down the pool

Here's hoping you are on your bike soon

Cheers
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Kat, Sorry to hear that you have to go for more surgery but hopefully will be worth it! Must be nice to have ditched the crutches though!
Old May 20th 2008, 1:18 pm
broken but got a visa! :

Ive finally had time and mastered how to do it

have put my yuk pics on my facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...b&id=691156084
Old May 20th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Ive finally had time and mastered how to do it

have put my yuk pics on my facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...b&id=691156084
That looks so painful, how you doing, do you feel them, hope you didnt set off the alarm at the airports.
Old May 20th 2008, 5:58 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

The bionic woman walks again
Old May 20th 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

Hi All, well what can i say...
What a day - firstly i walked this morning, first time in 3 months, ok it was in the hydrotherapy pool and partial weight bearing but its a huge step forward!
AND THEN
i came home - popped on pc like you do...and there a lovely email from our lovely CO
wheyhey weve got our visa....man its been a trip and a half but weve done the uk side of the hard bit!

Thanks to everyone who has kept us going, advised us etc.
Kat xxxx
That's great news Kat.....Congratulations on visa grant too!
Old May 20th 2008, 8:55 pm
broken but got a visa! :

I did set off the alarms... after being told i wouldnt.
It was incredibly painful, and still have bad moments (not whole days thank goodness)
I can feel the screw heads and where ive lost the the side of the knee bone i can feel the top of the metal plate...ewww

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
That looks so painful, how you doing, do you feel them, hope you didnt set off the alarm at the airports.
Old May 21st 2008, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

I did set off the alarms... after being told i wouldnt.
It was incredibly painful, and still have bad moments (not whole days thank goodness)
I can feel the screw heads and where ive lost the the side of the knee bone i can feel the top of the metal plate...ewww
My daughter broke her elbow really badly when she was 5, she had to have 5 operation to fix it, she had metal screw put in, but they took it out when the bone was healed, she still need another operation, when she turns 20, once her bones stop growing.
The surgeon did brilliant job, I hope he is still working when I take her back in 8 years time, he was so good.
Do you need to take the screws out, or are they going to leave them there.
Old May 21st 2008, 2:37 pm
broken but got a visa! :

Great to hear she had a good surgeon, they really do make all the difference. Im so lucky mine was just back from his holidays as no one would operate on me!
I cant have the hardware removed - the plate down the side of the bone (in my avatar)and the screws are holding the leg/knee together, the back pic (on facebook) shows the 4" split down the tibia - that and the amount of crushed bone at the front means the leg will always be unstable - depite now having half a hip in there...
its crap, i have a 10" scar on my leg, a 8"scar on my hip...im trying to build the quads up some more as the stronger the muscle the easier it is on the bone..its tough though when i cant do any resistance exercises/jog/walk too far - glueing lips together is an option!!!

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
My daughter broke her elbow really badly when she was 5, she had to have 5 operation to fix it, she had metal screw put in, but they took it out when the bone was healed, she still need another operation, when she turns 20, once her bones stop growing.
The surgeon did brilliant job, I hope he is still working when I take her back in 8 years time, he was so good.
Do you need to take the screws out, or are they going to leave them there.
Old May 21st 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Great to hear she had a good surgeon, they really do make all the difference. Im so lucky mine was just back from his holidays as no one would operate on me!
I cant have the hardware removed - the plate down the side of the bone (in my avatar)and the screws are holding the leg/knee together, the back pic (on facebook) shows the 4" split down the tibia - that and the amount of crushed bone at the front means the leg will always be unstable - depite now having half a hip in there...
its crap, i have a 10" scar on my leg, a 8"scar on my hip...im trying to build the quads up some more as the stronger the muscle the easier it is on the bone..its tough though when i cant do any resistance exercises/jog/walk too far - glueing lips together is an option!!!
My daughter got a huge scar on her elbow too, quite discussing to look at, as there is this bone poking out 2.
if we didnt have that good surgeon, we were told that they might have had to amputated her arm.
I thank god everyday, that he was there.
she was very lucky to be very young when it did happened, otherwise she might have the same complication as you do, she needs to be seen every year & have x-ray taken of her elbow, have you seen anybody since you have been here.
Old May 21st 2008, 4:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked at the pics but I know nothing so apart from the one with the pins, they mean sod all I did notice you share a birthday with my eldest and Alvin Stardust though