Wikiposts

I Walked!!!

Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:42 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Walked!!!

Christ it must have been some break KAJ
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:14 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

OOO it was

I did complex mulitple fractures to my tibia plateau - i didnt know it at the time but it is everything when it comes to walking/using your leg.
The femur sits on the TP, the patella (kneecap) sits above the TP inline with the femur = this makes the knee!
Mine was crushed and broken, Ive had my TP rebuilt, with a plate and pins and bone graft from my hip.

I'll never play contact sports or impact sports again, i will never run on hard surfaces, i'll never be able to go down stairs normally - one step at a time for me now.
(Going up will be a challenge - i can only go up leading with my good leg, and only now because i can weight bear on my bad leg)

At the moment i am fighting to regain enough range of movement to allow me to ride a bike again (no where near that level yet).
Im having more surgery after Xmas, as my patella is not settling in the right place, my cartlidge is ragged and the best way to improve my range of movement is when im unconcious.

I have also now got rapid onset arthritis in my ankle due to the trauma it suffered.

The UK weather is going to cripple me, (the cold already hurts sooo much) my consultant has already said i will need a total knee replacement in about 10 years. By going to OZ i may extend the life of my knee - due to the weather!
Funny isnt it - we say our move is not all about the weather - thats changed for me now.

The best bit is i still have a leg!

Im waiting for KOH to upload my xrays onto the pc so i can post them.

I know people might think its trivial etc after a broken leg but for me every little baby step is like climbing K2!

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Christ it must have been some break KAJ
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:03 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I used to work in trauma and im glad i wasnt working the day they wheeled you in,sounds bloody nasty.Anyway all the best and hope the rehab works
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Kat!! Glad to hear that you have walked on dry land. It might not feel like it, but it is rapid progress - only a couple of weeks since you walked in the pool.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
I broke my leg at rugby - well i actually fractured and smashed my tibia plateau! OUCH
Ouch!! Breaking my ankle was bad enough.......

Congrats on both parts, k on its way
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:36 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Well finally got some pics of the leg!
hope this works!!!
Attached Thumbnails I Walked!!!-dsc00087.jpg   I Walked!!!-dsc00088.jpg   I Walked!!!-dsc00022.jpg   I Walked!!!-kats-new-fone-pics-418.jpg   I Walked!!!-kats-new-fone-pics-420.jpg  

Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:37 am
broken but got a visa! :

1st pic shows the smashed up tibia plateau, then the last xray - what i look like now, then my huge cast - thats just the bottom half that i had autographed by glos rugby club, next is my knee - can you see it?
last is me in hosp...
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:42 am
broken but got a visa! :

Progress report - i am finally able to hobble around my house without my crutches...yippee
i have to wear a brace/splint for support, but i can feel the leg is getting stronger and stronger every day.
I am now concentrating on learning to walk properly again - on land!
as i have the gait of a drunken sailor...
i have to have a scan on my ankle, ongoing problems with it, and am having more surgery after xmas to clean the knee area out/manipulate the bend and possibly fix the knee cap.
but im getting around woohoo, and feeling more positive about it too.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Hi All, well what can i say...
What a day - firstly i walked this morning, first time in 3 months, ok it was in the hydrotherapy pool and partial weight bearing but its a huge step forward!
AND THEN
i came home - popped on pc like you do...and there a lovely email from our lovely CO
wheyhey weve got our visa....man its been a trip and a half but weve done the uk side of the hard bit!

Thanks to everyone who has kept us going, advised us etc.
Kat xxxx
CONGRATULATIONS HUN !!!!!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:07 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

oh my god i wanna spew after those pics!!!!!!

love your hair tho, wow i can't believe you've gone through all that, with all the visa crap going on!!!

well done love, you'll be dancing on the tables soon
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:26 am
broken but got a visa! :

Shakin that ass.....thatl be me!!!

thank you, like koh says its a rollercoaster...
SCREAM IF YOU WANT TO GO FASTER!!!

(i want to get off for a little bit please)
Originally Posted by welshviking
oh my god i wanna spew after those pics!!!!!!

love your hair tho, wow i can't believe you've gone through all that, with all the visa crap going on!!!

well done love, you'll be dancing on the tables soon
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:55 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Shakin that ass.....thatl be me!!!

thank you, like koh says its a rollercoaster...
SCREAM IF YOU WANT TO GO FASTER!!!

(i want to get off for a little bit please)
Christ. Blinding job Kats. They did a good fix on it though.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:23 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

hey Kat love the pics

I am so glad you are a bit more mobile it sounds great
good luck with the surgery
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:35 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

hey good luck katsmajic

youre doing the right thing by taking baby steps, after all you want to make a full recovery
bec
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good Kats. Hope the next op heals fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.