Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I think my dog has SADS

Wikiposts

I think my dog has SADS

Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:47 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default I think my dog has SADS

Seasonal affective disorder syndrome

From Wikipedia:

Seasonal affective disorder, or SAD, is an affective, or mood disorder. Most SAD sufferers experience normal mental health throughout most of the year, but experience depressive symptoms in the winter. SAD is rare, if existent at all in the tropics, but is measurably present at latitudes of 30°N (or S) and higher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasona...ctive_disorder

Ok, that out the way.

We've had a lot of miserable weather recent including lots of grey days with rain, and my dog has been wearing a very serious look on his face like this:

The other day it was REALLY cloudy and I caught this look on his face:

Now today, we have had lots of sunshine, and earlier on he wasn't in the lounge with me, so I went looking for him, he was in the kitchen which faces west so it gets the sun. He was here:

Now after his bit of sunbathing he was smiling again like this:

So I can only come to one conclusion, that my dog has SADS ...

But we are moving to Australia soon, I think he will like it there!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:54 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think my dog has SADS

According to Mr.Ransi I have it....all I do is sleep...
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Poor puppy, glad to see youve laid him in the sunshine in the 3rd pic for some therapy
Judging by the grin on his face on the last 1 Australia is just what he needs

Do you think the harness hes got on is any good? just bought 1 for my boxer she pulls like mad
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:59 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ransi
According to Mr.Ransi I have it....all I do is sleep...
Well in all seriousness it IS a real condition. Many laugh it off, but the other half is a sufferer, and one of the big reasons we're giving it a try in Australia!

Sleeping a lot in the winter IS a sign tho, maybe YOU should move to Oz too! ...
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:01 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul2004
Well in all seriousness it IS a real condition. Many laugh it off, but the other half is a sufferer, and one of the big reasons we're giving it a try in Australia!

Sleeping a lot in the winter IS a sign tho, maybe YOU should move to Oz too! ...
Aye,I know..

I think I'll look into going about getting to Aus then...who do I pay £10 to?...
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hilary6
Poor puppy, glad to see youve laid him in the sunshine in the 3rd pic for some therapy
Judging by the grin on his face on the last 1 Australia is just what he needs

Do you think the harness hes got on is any good? just bought 1 for my boxer she pulls like mad

Oh no, HE went there for sunshine! ...lol, he does it all the time. In the summer he strolls up the garden path, and falls over! ... lies there for half hour or so and then goes about his business ...

The harness we've had since he was young, and I strongly recommend em. DON'T touch a 'choker chain' and they're just not good!

He WAS quite a puller, and once we got the harness he was fine within a week!

Now we walk down the road and he'll take up the slack, but I can hold him with 1 finger really ...
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:04 am
Account Closed

Aye,I know..

I think I'll look into going about getting to Aus then...who do I pay £10 to?...
I can forward you my Paypal details no prob! ...
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:06 am
Cheeky member

I can forward you my Paypal details no prob! ...
As long as it gets me on a boat to Aus...
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, HE went there for sunshine! ...lol, he does it all the time. In the summer he strolls up the garden path, and falls over! ... lies there for half hour or so and then goes about his business ...

The harness we've had since he was young, and I strongly recommend em. DON'T touch a 'choker chain' and they're just not good!

He WAS quite a puller, and once we got the harness he was fine within a week!

Now we walk down the road and he'll take up the slack, but I can hold him with 1 finger really ...
Oh good my arm was about to come out of its socket!! I wouldnt care but shes only 17weeks
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:12 am
Account Closed

As long as it gets me on a boat to Aus...

Ahhhh, I'm sure we can find you a little place to sit ...
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hilary6
Oh good my arm was about to come out of its socket!! I wouldnt care but shes only 17weeks
Yeah another good thing is my dog can be a little naughty around certain dogs. It really is random, but he don't get on with EVERY dog so I keep him on an extendable lead when in unfamiliar area's. Once in a while he'll bolt for some reason and the lead will extend, but obv come to a stop at some point!

The speed he runs off at, I really wouldn't want the lead connected to his collar when he came to a halt. As strong as his neck prob is, It can't be good!

With the harness it's fine, altho he snapped one of the extendable leads once when it had come to the end! ...

Replaced with a stronger one and fine ...