I Q TEST

Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all
Default I Q TEST

Ok see if you can work this one out?

Jacks book starts at page 1 and the pages in the book equate to 555 digits,

how many pages in the book?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:31 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I Q TEST

Originally Posted by eve209

Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Double sided?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:35 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

And by God its needed here!!!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:35 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
And by God its needed here!!!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Is it a counting book
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

I take it none of you know the answer??????
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:50 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

ignore me -

221 pages?

Last edited by MarkMC; Jun 4th 2008 at 7:55 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

I've clearly failed. I don't understand what is meant by "the pages in the book equate to 555 digits". I thought it might mean that the sum of each of the page numbers is 555.

Being a nerd, I know that 1 + 2 + 3 + ... + 30 + 31 +32 = 528 and that if there was another page, this would give you 561. So I must be misinterpreting the question.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:24 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Johnsyweb
I've clearly failed. I don't understand what is meant by "the pages in the book equate to 555 digits". I thought it might mean that the sum of each of the page numbers is 555.

Being a nerd, I know that 1 + 2 + 3 + ... + 30 + 31 +32 = 528 and that if there was another page, this would give you 561. So I must be misinterpreting the question.
Thats what I did the 1st time:

pages 1 - 9 = 9 digits total
page 10 is 2 more digits
so 10 - 99 = 180 digits

so thats 189 digits total so far
all pages from there on in are 3 digits..
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:27 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

its far too early for this amd im far too thick
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

I am so glad people are finding this a little taxing, it was homework for our 10 year old and we had floods of tears because she couldn't do it.

I work in a Technology College so I took the question to work and the Maths teachers here were initially stumped, trying to find some formula to answer it with.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:44 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking Fibonacci sequence but it can't be, must be a trick question.

Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:47 am
mmmmmm duff

Originally Posted by edie209
I am so glad people are finding this a little taxing, it was homework for our 10 year old and we had floods of tears because she couldn't do it.

I work in a Technology College so I took the question to work and the Maths teachers here were initially stumped, trying to find some formula to answer it with.
so do YOU know the answer yet then...
Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes Mark Mc it would seem you are correct, and you are the proud winner of the 10 year old homework prize

I find it incredable that this was set for a 10 year old and she had 5 minutes to complete it!!!

I think of another for you, maybe you could be her homework mentor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.