Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I was one of the 1074 caught by the new camera

I was one of the 1074 caught by the new camera

Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:09 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I was one of the 1074 caught by the new camera

Troll.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:10 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambi

"Nothing pedantic. It was an ambiguous sentence. Plain and simple. And the reader has no control over that. "

That's fair enough, you weren't able to understand something that seemed very clear. It's not a problem.

Last edited by chris955; Sep 11th 2011 at 5:27 am.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I know.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeeezus Kristtttt.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:35 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes ?
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:52 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
speed is a factor in every accident in some way.
Yep.
Even if not the cause of an accident it dramatically affects the outcome.

Interesting write up

Extract:
Speed Kills - The faster the speed of a vehicle, the greater the risk of an accident. The forces experienced by the human body in a collision increase exponentially as the speed increases. Smart Motorist recommends that drivers observe our 3 second rule in everyday traffic, no matter what your speed. Most people agree that going 100 mph is foolhardy and will lead to disaster. The problem is that exceeding the speed limit by only 5 mph in the wrong place can be just as dangerous. Traffic engineers and local governments have determined the maximum speeds allowable for safe travel on the nation's roadways. Speeding is a deliberate and calculated behavior where the driver knows the risk but ignores the danger. Fully 90% of all licensed drivers speed at some point in their driving career; 75% admit to committing this offense regularly.
Consider this example: a pedestrian walks out in front of a car. If the car is traveling at just 30 mph, and the driver brakes when the pedestrian is 45 feet away, there will be enough space in which to stop without hitting the pedestrian. Increase the vehicle speed by just 5 mph and the situation changes dramatically. At 35 mph, with the pedestrian 45 feet away and the driver braking at the same point, the car will be traveling at 18 mph when it hits the pedestrian. An impact at 18 mph can seriously injure or even kill the pedestrian.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:54 am
Banned

Speed dramatically affects the outcome of an accident....who would have thought it ?
Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:16 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Quote:

"Nothing pedantic. It was an ambiguous sentence. Plain and simple. And the reader has no control over that. "

That's fair enough, you weren't able to understand something that seemed very clear. It's not a problem.
Not really. You just wrote it wrong.

I understood what you wrote.
"...not all cops [here] don't [practise it] and all cops in the UK do"

And I understood what you intended to write after you corrected yourself with the extra "NOT".
"...NOT ALL COPS [in Australia] don't [apply commonsense] and NOT ALL COPS in the UK DO".

Although you could have just got away with capitalising the extra "NOT". All that extra capitalisation just reminds me of Katter the Mad Hatter trying to shout down anyone who doesn't agree with him.

Last edited by Rambi; Sep 11th 2011 at 6:24 am.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:16 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Yep.

Interesting write up

Extract:
Speed Kills - The faster the speed of a vehicle, the greater the risk of an accident. The forces experienced by the human body in a collision increase exponentially as the speed increases. Smart Motorist recommends that drivers observe our 3 second rule in everyday traffic, no matter what your speed. Most people agree that going 100 mph is foolhardy and will lead to disaster. The problem is that exceeding the speed limit by only 5 mph in the wrong place can be just as dangerous. Traffic engineers and local governments have determined the maximum speeds allowable for safe travel on the nation's roadways. Speeding is a deliberate and calculated behavior where the driver knows the risk but ignores the danger. Fully 90% of all licensed drivers speed at some point in their driving career; 75% admit to committing this offense regularly.
Consider this example: a pedestrian walks out in front of a car. If the car is traveling at just 30 mph, and the driver brakes when the pedestrian is 45 feet away, there will be enough space in which to stop without hitting the pedestrian. Increase the vehicle speed by just 5 mph and the situation changes dramatically. At 35 mph, with the pedestrian 45 feet away and the driver braking at the same point, the car will be traveling at 18 mph when it hits the pedestrian. An impact at 18 mph can seriously injure or even kill the pedestrian.
Reminds me of that phrase you are meant to say when judging if you are too close "Only a fool breaks the two second rule".

Or as I like to say "Only a **** tailgates the car in front".
Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:21 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by Bix
Yep.

Interesting write up

Extract:
My take on it is that it's not speed that kills but the unexpected. However the unexpected is more likely to happen the faster one goes (less time to react) and the consequences tend to be greater the faster one goes (more energy in the system).

Last edited by Rambi; Sep 11th 2011 at 6:24 am.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:31 am
Banned

It seriously isn't a problem, I'll type slower for you next time

I]
Not really. You just wrote it wrong.

Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:44 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

the smell of testosterone reeks in here.....

Will those of you hitting each other with your handbags put them down now or else you'll get tasered..

By Moneypenny
Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:46 am
Banned

I love the smell of testosterone in the morning.

he started it
Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:52 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I love the smell of testosterone in the morning.

he started it

yes but it's not morning it's evening and it's getting on the nerves

(behave yourself)
Old Sep 11th 2011, 7:13 am
Banned

I always behave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.