Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I now work for the QLD government

Wikiposts

I now work for the QLD government

Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:02 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Default I now work for the QLD government

Hi folks

Just thought I would share my good news with you all.
I have got myself a really good job working for Bayside health. Its Customer Service Officer based at Wynnum, working 3 days a week, 8 till 4pm. Perfect. Yes Claire Ill meet you for lunch

Things are going good for us now, we bought our own home that we have actually nearly finished renovating. The girls are settled in school and kindy, we have got some nice friends and great neighbours. Couldn't be happier.

Oh this is the life

Ang
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I now work for the QLD government

Congrats on the job!

I just finished working for them
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:09 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Congrats on the job!

I just finished working for them

Oh, why did you finish?? Can you say?
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:12 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Oh, why did you finish?? Can you say?
Did the job for 18 months without a single complaint, but it was on a temporary contract owing to my visa. I get permanent visa, apply for the job on a permanent basis and yesterday they gave it to someone else.
Thats life I guess.

Good to worrk for though, you should enjoy it
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:15 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Did the job for 18 months without a single complaint, but it was on a temporary contract owing to my visa. I get permanent visa, apply for the job on a permanent basis and yesterday they gave it to someone else.
Thats life I guess.

Thanks... my manager is really nice and she said yesterday that they are really excited about gettin me in!! Apparently my interview was excellent.

Im really looking forward to it and dont start for another week, right after finishing at Greenslopes

Ang
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:35 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks

I have got myself a really good job working for Bayside health. Its Customer Service Officer based at Wynnum, working 3 days a week, 8 till 4pm. Perfect. Yes Claire Ill meet you for lunch

Things are going good for us now, we bought our own home that we have actually nearly finished renovating. The girls are settled in school and kindy, we have got some nice friends and great neighbours. Couldn't be happier.

Oh this is the life

Ang
Thats brilliant Ang, chuffed for you
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:48 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by possoms
Thats brilliant Ang, chuffed for you
Cheers Kay, hows things with you?

Ang x
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:56 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the job
and all the best
Hi folks

Oh this is the life

Ang
Old Jun 17th 2006, 5:11 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Kay, hows things with you?

Ang x
Fine thanks just come back from round your way, had a brilliant time

STILL trying to sell the house apart from that nowt new

Kay x
Old Jun 17th 2006, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Thats life I guess.

Congrats Ang!
Bad luck for you though Pollyana.
I worked for them for three months on my WHV - couldn't believe the application forms you had to complete for a permanent job. Never seen anything like it. Looked worse than writing a thesis!
Their whole application process seemed really strange. I knew of at least three people who deputised in positions higher than they were employed in, a couple of them for at least 18 months, and despite doing an excellent job they eventually gave the permanent positions to 'outsiders'
Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:03 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by soapy
Congrats on the job
and all the best
Cheers soaps
Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:05 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by possoms
Fine thanks just come back from round your way, had a brilliant time

STILL trying to sell the house apart from that nowt new

Kay x
You should have called me and we could have met for a coffee or something stronger

Cant believe you haven't sold your house yet, BUT it will happen and you'll be back here before you know it.... stay positive mate

Ang x
Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:15 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Congrats Ang!
I worked for them for three months on my WHV - couldn't believe the application forms you had to complete for a permanent job. Never seen anything like it. Looked worse than writing a thesis!
Their whole application process seemed really strange. I knew of at least three people who deputised in positions higher than they were employed in, a couple of them for at least 18 months, and despite doing an excellent job they eventually gave the permanent positions to 'outsiders'
Hi Diane

Sorry to hear about your experience

I didnt apply for the position so havent filled out the massive form but have seen one. They are the net. As it happened I have been in close contact with the manager at Redlands hospital for the pas the few months and she called me when she needed some extra staff. I had the interview at Redlands and must confess it did go well.

Although I am an "outsider" im not a nurse, Im clerical. They have accommodated my needs to go part time and I appreciate that. Having said that though, we will see as I havent started the position yet but Im keeping my options open.

Good Luck to you and Pollyanna

Ang
Old Jun 17th 2006, 2:41 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Congrats Ang!
For this job - base grade AO2 admin - I had to do a 12 page Selection Criteria, a personality "group hug" test, and a typing speed, Word and Excel test - using outdated versions of the programmes, on computers that crashed periodically! AND referees reports and an interview!
I know only too well how it feels to lose to an outsider. Also, because of this "acting in higher positions" thing - I am fairly sure that the successful applicant - who is an AO3 level but only on a temp contract - is only doing it to get the seat......he/she will then promptly go off and act elsewhere.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 10:46 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Well have been in my new job for 3 days and can say that all is good
I am CSO (customer service officer) at the Family Health Centre. Get to do lots of stuff and is interesting. Work along side some nice people and see lots of new faces everyday. The only bad point is that the babies have their immunisations on a Wednesday and obviously they cry, so is a bit tough on the old ears I don't like to hear babies crying at the best of times.

Anyway can say that I think Im gonna like it

Ang

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.