Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I need a lawn mower (Brisbane)

I need a lawn mower (Brisbane)

Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need a lawn mower (Brisbane)

Hi, I need a lawn mower and I wondered if anyone knew of anywhere in the brisbane area where i might get a one. Second hand is fine. I was advised to avoid bunnings cos there's are crap apparently.

Jazzys
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:30 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I need a lawn mower (Brisbane)

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hi, I need a lawn mower and I wondered if anyone knew of anywhere in the brisbane area where i might get a one. Second hand is fine. I was advised to avoid bunnings cos there's are crap apparently.

Jazzys
If you find one - let me know Jeff!!

Just bought a crappy hover mower from Bunnings - took me a bloody age to mow the lawn!!!
On the hunt for a cheap petrol mower - tried e-bay but keep getting outbid by people paying way over the odds for a pile o shite!!

Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
If you find one - let me know Jeff!!

Just bought a crappy hover mower from Bunnings - took me a bloody age to mow the lawn!!!
On the hunt for a cheap petrol mower - tried e-bay but keep getting outbid by people paying way over the odds for a pile o shite!!

Will do my friend, or if i buy one i'll do yours for $30 haha

Jeff
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

Jazzys
Hi Jeff,
You will have to buy a petrol mower, electric mowers are a waste of space here.We bought an electric one form bunnings and it lasted 3 weeks,it just completely fell apart while hubby was mowing the lawn. We have now bought petrol mower from Bunnings and it has made life much easier and less stressful and haven't had any problems with it.

Ally
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dazza49
Hi Jeff,
You will have to buy a petrol mower, electric mowers are a waste of space here.We bought an electric one form bunnings and it lasted 3 weeks,it just completely fell apart while hubby was mowing the lawn. We have now bought petrol mower from Bunnings and it has made life much easier and less stressful and haven't had any problems with it.

Ally
Thanks Ally, yeah petrol is the way to go. Just fancied getting myself a second hand bargain from somewhere. Just didn't know anywhere.

jazzys
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:04 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/

Just make sure you put Qld in the search box
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:15 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Ours from Kmart which was about $199 (on sale just after this for $159:curse seems to work fine. It's 4 stroke so can just get petrol from the gas station and cuts grass with ease....

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzys
We've bought a couple from the Weekend Shopper in Saturday's Courier Mail. (I say a couple as the first one broke down as soon as I got it home, I made him give me the money back LOL! Second one's been as good as gold and was still under warranty). If you go to newsagents today you might still be able to buy a copy of yesterday's paper.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzys

We got ours from the Bunnings, I got my advise from here which type to go for which is petrol 4 stroke, then went to Bunnings.
one of their staff advise us to get the one for $250 or less, its there about for our size of the garden, it is the best lawnmower we ever had.
so light, & easy to use, the advise was given was correct the product is fantastic, who told you they sell crap lawnmower?

Last edited by chris and farideh; Feb 9th 2008 at 10:34 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

I haven't seen one in Bunnings for less than $430
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I got a lawn mower today guys, so you can call off the search on behalf of jazzy. it's a 2 stroke thing with a suzuki engine. got it off ebay for $200

carry on the thread by all means but i'm sorted, thanks for the contributions.

jazzys
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

You can have ours - we have no grass left now after virtually no rain for months and water restrictions

Have to pick it up though

We got ours last year (why??) from Bunnings and it was around $100

Nikki
x
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
I haven't seen one in Bunnings for less than $430
I have, also I've got one.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:38 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

We have a TALON, 4 stroke... its shit. lol

From bunnings, cant remember what it cost, but it musta been too much !

Sometimes, ya gotta spend the money... and get a proper brand.

HONDA !

Me is gonna get meself one of dem when me is got dee money !
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

The fella in bunnings said to me yesterday that if i want to buy a lawn mower that will last me forever i need to buy the victa mustang, it has a honda engine and is $699.

Jazzys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.