Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I must be mad, queued up for 2 pairs of trainers ...

I must be mad, queued up for 2 pairs of trainers ...

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default I must be mad, queued up for 2 pairs of trainers ...

My OH thought I must be mad to queue up for over an hour for 2 pairs of trainers for my 6 and 10 year old, it was just the waiting time to be served, the whole thing took nearly 1hr & 45mins, & £109 later. :scared:

They are the must have, I was wondering if they have them in Australia yet, if they do are they as expensive as UK.
they are trainers with wheels, pretty cool really.
I only wished I had their franchise in Uk they were selling like hot cakes, I have never seen anything like this.
Maybe I wasnt the only mad parent in that shop.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:30 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I must be mad, queued up for 2 pairs of trainers ...

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
My OH thought I must be mad to queue up for over an hour for 2 pairs of trainers for my 6 and 10 year old, it was just the waiting time to be served, the whole thing took nearly 1hr & 45mins, & £109 later. :scared:

They are the must have, I was wondering if they have them in Australia yet, if they do are they as expensive as UK.
I only wished I had their franchise in Uk they were selling like hot cakes, I have never seen anything like this.
Maybe I wasnt the only mad parent in that shop.
Seen plenty of the add-on variety, but not the built-in ones in the UK. Not seen any of 'em over here. Business opportunity for someone....
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Seen plenty of the add-on variety, but not the built-in ones in the UK. Not seen any of 'em over here. Business opportunity for someone....
Mmmmm I better look into it, they are so cool, and if they are walking out of the shops over here, & only one shop sells them thought in Bluewater as far as I know.
The sale assistance told me I really didnt queued much as there were people queuing over 2 hours in the morning.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:45 am
Just Joined

chrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the rough

Hi - they are called wheelies and available on website. My son had his pair now for about 2yrs got them from USA quite popular with kids everyone used to double take when he whizzed past them in the Asda!!!

Chris
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chrisvan
Hi - they are called wheelies and available on website. My son had his pair now for about 2yrs got them from USA quite popular with kids everyone used to double take when he whizzed past them in the Asda!!!

Chris
Hi Chris,

One of my friends daughter have them, but these are slightly different to hers she had them for sometimes too, these are called heely's.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

My friend's kids had them last Christmas from one of the suburbs round Melbourne - occasionally see them around.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=chris and farideh]My OH thought I must be mad to queue up for over an hour for 2 pairs of trainers for my 6 and 10 year old, it was just the waiting time to be served, the whole thing took nearly 1hr & 45mins, & £109 later.
Maybe I wasnt the only mad parent in that shop. /QUOTE]

They were big hat a couple of christmas ago. Cheap too, about $50. We get a lot of old tatt brought in from asia, someone will pop up hire a few sq mt in a shopping centre and sell some of the most incredible rubbish I have ever seen Schools and shopping centres ended the fun by banning them in case anyone got run into, and they got sued.

2 months ago it was wall art huge vile pictures of waterfalls and fish, with flashing lights and running water sounds :scared: , aussies were gathered around fascinated snapping them up.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

2 months ago it was wall art huge vile pictures of waterfalls and fish, with flashing lights and running water sounds :scared: , aussies were gathered around fascinated snapping them up.

They are vile aren't they. :scared: Another thing imported from Asia that the UK beat Oz to.

Where I lived they had a market full of the damn things, well in between the mobile phone and shoe shops
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

My kids both had Heellys - bought in the US earlier this year. We shipped one pair and brought the other in a suitcase. Funnily enough, the shipped pair never made it !!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:29 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

They make them in Adults sizes too!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

My son bought some Heelys in Rebel Sports in Southland (few months ago now). The cost $120 at the time.

Mel
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:45 am
Danny Kay

Danny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant futureDanny Kay has a brilliant future
Cool Re: I must be mad, queued up for 2 pairs of trainers ...

Originally Posted by melibeam
My son bought some Heelys in Rebel Sports in Southland (few months ago now). The cost $120 at the time.

Mel
Hi I bought my son a pair from blackpool (heeleys) at a cost of £55 not many shops sell them in the Uk he loves them Adults size range from £65 upwards an expensive toy but good fun even for a 41 year old like me just a big kid at heart but i carnt let my 7 year old get the better of me just yet it wont be long thoe before i will have to give in to him.

Danny
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:26 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

They are banned in some places for a reason....they can be lethal to the wearer :scared:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1365761.shtml

G
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:50 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

I first seen them in Malaysia, loads of kids skating around the shopping malls in KL and that was four years ago.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:58 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Here is a supplier if you want to set up in business.

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/11242...ler_Shoes.html

Bet they cost a bit less than they do in the shops

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.