Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

Old Nov 26th 2014, 9:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "I Must Get Me Tickets To That Brisbane Gig" Thread

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I'd rather poke my eyes out with shitty sticks.
I'll record it for you
Old Nov 26th 2014, 9:31 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'll record it for you
Old Feb 15th 2015, 1:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Peter Hook at the Astor last night - wow. What a gig. At 59 he's still got it and played for 2.5 hours

He started with Joy Division's Atmosphere as a tribute to Steve Strange (RIP buddy) and it was all uphill from there - NQ's older stuff and JD classics

If you're into '80s electronic and indie stuff (the zenith of music - it's all been downhill from there) then I urge you to go and see him

The Astor in Mt Lawley is a top venue BTW and perfect for a show like this

We had a blast
Old Feb 28th 2015, 8:24 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

From the Jam playing at the New Globe in the Valley in two weeks; they just announced a second show on Sunday the 15th which is good as I can't get out of my shift for the Sat night show.

Anyone who wants a ticket for the sold-out Sat night show, pm me

I know Bernie's going to the Perth show, anyone else going to one of their gigs?
Old Mar 15th 2015, 12:39 pm
Home and Happy

From the Jam playing at the New Globe in the Valley in two weeks; they just announced a second show on Sunday the 15th which is good as I can't get out of my shift for the Sat night show.

Anyone who wants a ticket for the sold-out Sat night show, pm me

I know Bernie's going to the Perth show, anyone else going to one of their gigs?
So I just spent 2 hours thinking I was 16 again I have no voice left, and very sore feet, but I surprised myself with just how many Jam song I am still word perfect too!!

Next stop Kiss in October
Old Mar 15th 2015, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute

So I just spent 2 hours thinking I was 16 again I have no voice left, and very sore feet, but I surprised myself with just how many Jam song I am still word perfect too!!

Next stop Kiss in October
Was on a date last night, in the valley. Dropped by, paid on the door. Quite a night felt like they played in my lounge for me only. Best gig ever I have been to. Love Weller, but blimey he weren't missed last night. Paid my date in, best $80 bucks ever invested. You can knock Australia; but some memories I have here are better than any lotto win. Last night for an hour or so for me just reminded me of how lucky I am to appreciate and witness tunes that live forever in my memory. You too were lucky Pol, gr8 night, felt like little England in the valley. Class.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 12:33 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by sign
Was on a date last night, in the valley. Dropped by, paid on the door. Quite a night felt like they played in my lounge for me only. Best gig ever I have been to. Love Weller, but blimey he weren't missed last night. Paid my date in, best $80 bucks ever invested. You can knock Australia; but some memories I have here are better than any lotto win. Last night for an hour or so for me just reminded me of how lucky I am to appreciate and witness tunes that live forever in my memory. You too were lucky Pol, gr8 night, felt like little England in the valley. Class.
Twas a great night wasn't it,and I know what yu mean about Little England! So many different accents from back home, all in one small space!
Old Oct 8th 2015, 5:33 pm
Home and Happy

Any fans of Bryan Adams out there.......

........he's playing Sirromet Wines at Mt Cotton, Sunday, March 13, 2016

Tickets on sale now through Ticketmaster

What's On - Bryan Adams - Sirromet Wines, Mt Cotton QLD | A Day on the Green
Old Jan 14th 2016, 9:40 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Off to see Black Sabbath in April, here in Brissie.
Old Jan 25th 2016, 6:41 am
Home and Happy

Some good ones coming up in the next few months -Graham Bonnet, Bryan Adams and Mary Black have all dented my credit card, plus Cats and -dare I say it -a sing-a-long Sound of Music

If I win the lottery I'll try for Black Sabbath as well

Nearly got a ticket for Gordon Lightfoot back home in May too, but had to donate my seat to someone else. Ah well, such is life

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 25th 2016 at 6:43 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 4:40 am

Fun Lovin' Criminals are coming to Brissie. Anyone fancy it?
Old Feb 7th 2016, 8:03 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Fun Lovin' Criminals are coming to Brissie. Anyone fancy it?
Mmmmm, Eaton's Hill would be a beggar to get to Mind go for it nearer the time if I have the cash......
Old Feb 11th 2016, 5:01 am
Just Joined

ocean is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys

Just wondering if anybody has got any advice for the Sirromet Winery at Mount Cotton for what time you should arrive to get a good spot with a picnic blanket, access to alcohol, toilets etc? Never been before and we've got tickets to see Simply Red next week to which I'm bursting with excitement so am hoping on grabbing a good spot

Thanks in adavance
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ocean
Hey guys

Just wondering if anybody has got any advice for the Sirromet Winery at Mount Cotton for what time you should arrive to get a good spot with a picnic blanket, access to alcohol, toilets etc? Never been before and we've got tickets to see Simply Red next week to which I'm bursting with excitement so am hoping on grabbing a good spot

Thanks in adavance
If you're driving they have a really good set up where you drive in via the main gates at Sirromet and leave via a back entrance to avoid any congestion so to speak. There are bars inside the venu and like anywhere else bags are searched on entry for contraband etc Plenty of portaloos also available and as for blankets etc it's usually a first come first serve set up unless you have reserved seats and probably wise to take along a brolly (not sure if they are permitted mind you ) for shade from sun or rain as it's totally out in the open Enjoy !
Old Feb 11th 2016, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

ocean is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks heaps for the info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.