Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I miss UK men - Does anyone else find Oz men a different species?

Wikiposts

I miss UK men - Does anyone else find Oz men a different species?

Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I miss UK men - Does anyone else find Oz men a different species?

Yeees sir, i understand completely, put your feet up and have a beer
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:29 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i think ladies are great ,where ever there from..

good on you all you ladies out there..
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by welshviking
wow i can't believe he didn't encourage you to learn? i'm not great and do the bokmål, the OH isn't bothered, it used to stress me out as i just couldn't get the condidence to actually speak it, i can read and understand reasonably well though,

well all i've seen is Sola where i live, near Stavanger. his family are from Farsund, very south, i've worked in Bergen for about 6 months, and travelled from Oslo over the mountains to Sola, and around theses areas, but never been up north, neither has he, so we hope to do it before we leave for oz,

i can't wait to leave but it is such a diverse country....and the best thing is the moonshine and strawberries..which are nearly in season!!!!
I've been past Stavanger on the ferry to Bergen from Newcastle. My brother worked there for a while. My mother lives in Ulvik, then I have some family in Oslo, some in Hamar and Lillehammer and then up to Tromso (where my grandfather is from). His family come from even further north, up by the finnish/russian border.

You can't beat alpine strawberries
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Attachment 44495

ladies......
Oh yes
Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Attachment 44495

ladies......
Personally..........
Attached Thumbnails I miss UK men - Does anyone else find Oz men a different species?-shane-perth-2006.jpg  
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Rarn will become famous soon enoughRarn will become famous soon enough

Hi Pollyana

Good to see u r a tassie fan - beautiful spot isnt it..
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aston man
are they blind,them ozzie bloakes have no taste...

It's actually a bit of a drag not being able to have a conversation with a bloke... It happened a lot in the UK... something about a 5'10" blonde chick scares them. Perhaps they're less scared here... I dunno.
I'm married to an Aussie, so this proves they have taste.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by daisylilymum
Each to their own.
I find the going up at the end of each sentance to sound really camp
Not every Australian has an AQI! That's mainly a Southern Aus thing - not everyone talks like they're from Neighbours!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:19 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Not every Australian has an AQI! That's mainly a Southern Aus thing - not everyone talks like they're from Neighbours!
When you have been here long enough, you will notice the subtle differences in the language, and be able to tell were some one is from by accent or words they say ...............mm
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
I think the older Ozzie men look depressed, they never look happy just angry. The younger Ozzie men don't look to bad though.
I find the older Aussie men look like ZZ Top.

The younger ones a smaller version

Uk men
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mr mover
When you have been here long enough, you will notice the subtle differences in the language, and be able to tell were some one is from by accent or words they say ...............mm

Indeed.... there's a very marked difference in accents here, SA, WA, EA, NT, etc. They're all different.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I find the older Aussie men look like ZZ Top.

The younger ones a smaller version

Uk men
You mean they all have beards.....well (with memories of Blackadder and Lord Flashheart) at least that gives you something to hang on too........
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:59 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Indeed.... there's a very marked difference in accents here, SA, WA, EA, NT, etc. They're all different.
which ones got the brummie accent out of them,,its bleedin horrid....i would go for the ozzie accent any day of the week....
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by aston man
which ones got the brummie accent out of them,,its bleedin horrid....i would go for the ozzie accent any day of the week....
Mr ipom hardly has any sort of accent at all ... he sounds like he's from 'somewhere' but people usually can't figure out where.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You mean they all have beards.....well (with memories of Blackadder and Lord Flashheart) at least that gives you something to hang on too........http://img116.exs.cx/img116/1231/z7shysterical.gif
werent they the men from zargon,???i cant remember ,what was there leader called...?

flippin great saturday morning viewing,,,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.