British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   I married the right man (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/i-married-right-man-387216/)

herrchook Jul 27th 2006 7:28 pm

I married the right man

Last week, OH forwarded an email home from work about 2 gigs in Glasgow this November (Muse and Richard Ashcroft). That night he said "we haven't been to a gig in ages, fancy going to one of these". It is is birthday in 2 weeks so I immediately thought "great bday idea" so I said "we really can't afford it, let's just leave it". Then, the next day, promptly went online and booked 2 tickets for Muse for him.

On the phone last night, I was winding him up saying I'd ordered his birthday present and he said, so had he. OMG I thought, my birthday's not for a good while yet, I wonder if he's done the same thing? And what if we've both bought tickets for the same concert? We decided to come clean and it turns out he bought Richard Ashcroft tickets for me as although he prefers Muse, he knows I love RA!!

OMG, now we need to find babysitters twice in one month for the 2 concerts. Haven't been to a concert since before 4yo was born so we'r really excited.

Gill

Hutch Jul 27th 2006 7:35 pm

Re: I married the right man

Originally Posted by herrchook
Last week, OH forwarded an email home from work about 2 gigs in Glasgow this November (Muse and Richard Ashcroft). That night he said "we haven't been to a gig in ages, fancy going to one of these". It is is birthday in 2 weeks so I immediately thought "great bday idea" so I said "we really can't afford it, let's just leave it". Then, the next day, promptly went online and booked 2 tickets for Muse for him.

On the phone last night, I was winding him up saying I'd ordered his birthday present and he said, so had he. OMG I thought, my birthday's not for a good while yet, I wonder if he's done the same thing? And what if we've both bought tickets for the same concert? We decided to come clean and it turns out he bought Richard Ashcroft tickets for me as although he prefers Muse, he knows I love RA!!

OMG, now we need to find babysitters twice in one month for the 2 concerts. Haven't been to a concert since before 4yo was born so we'r really excited.

Gill

Hehe - nice one. Have to say I'm jealous re: the Richard Ashcroft gig - would love to see him live.

herrchook Jul 27th 2006 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch
Hehe - nice one. Have to say I'm jealous re: the Richard Ashcroft gig - would love to see him live.

Cheers Hutch, I'm totally chuffed to be seeing him too :D

Gill

sel Jul 27th 2006 7:38 pm

Gill

I love Muse ... dead jealous :( Both nights well worth shelling out for babysitters ... ENJOY !!! :)

herrchook Jul 27th 2006 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by sel
I love Muse ... dead jealous :( Both nights well worth shelling out for babysitters ... ENJOY !!! :)

Totally agree sel :D

Clippy Jul 27th 2006 8:19 pm

Gill

Lol that's so ace! Me and Dale always buy each other the same cd's for Christmas! It's bizarre.

I've seen both Richard Ashcroft and Muse - Muse are amazing, first time I saw them was in Wolverhampton Civic, small venue and Coldplay were their Support Band!! That's some time ago now though lol, saw Muse headline Glasto as well, they really do put on an excellent set, really bang it out it's fantastic. You'll love it :)

Margaret2 Jul 27th 2006 9:23 pm

Gill

Good on ya, if i stayed neared i'd babysit or teen would, must make sure, we're neighbours in oz :D

Stitch Jul 27th 2006 9:46 pm

Awwwww Gill is he not wonderful! I would offer for babysitting duties but it's a bit far to travel!

Cheers

Ginny

lollyno1 Jul 28th 2006 12:07 am

so did my neighbour...marry the right man that is..lol

she booked him a diving holiday for last march 05 and gave him it for his christmas present...

he gave her exact same holiday for valentines day... :eek:

think was she wanted a week away from him....(not sure why) but two weeks aftet they came back they split up...and now divorced...

herrchook Jul 28th 2006 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Good on ya, if i stayed neared i'd babysit or teen would, must make sure, we're neighbours in oz :D

My thoughts exactly :D Will bring my map to our next meet and we can choose a suburb and get neighbouring townhouses (one for us and one for the OH's and kids):p . I've ordered a DVD too called Melbourne: 6 Degrees. Once it's arrived and I've watched it I'll send it on to you. Hopefully it'll be full of fit footballers for your teen :D

herrchook Jul 28th 2006 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Clippies
Lol that's so ace! Me and Dale always buy each other the same cd's for Christmas! It's bizarre.

I've seen both Richard Ashcroft and Muse - Muse are amazing, first time I saw them was in Wolverhampton Civic, small venue and Coldplay were their Support Band!! That's some time ago now though lol, saw Muse headline Glasto as well, they really do put on an excellent set, really bang it out it's fantastic. You'll love it :)

Oooh, great, I'm sooo looking forward to it :D

herrchook Jul 28th 2006 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Stitch
Awwwww Gill is he not wonderful! I would offer for babysitting duties but it's a bit far to travel!

Cheers

Ginny

Go on, I'll give you a bed for the night, and a right good brekkie too :D Then next day, we can meet Margaret at the Counting House in George Square for a liquid lunch :beer:

herrchook Jul 28th 2006 4:06 am

Originally Posted by lollyno1
so did my neighbour...marry the right man that is..lol

she booked him a diving holiday for last march 05 and gave him it for his christmas present...

he gave her exact same holiday for valentines day... :eek:

think was she wanted a week away from him....(not sure why) but two weeks aftet they came back they split up...and now divorced...

Note to self, if hubby ever buys me a diving holiday my number's up :p

Stitch Jul 28th 2006 11:00 am

Go on, I'll give you a bed for the night, and a right good brekkie too :D Then next day, we can meet Margaret at the Counting House in George Square for a liquid lunch :beer:

Stop.....you're making me come back!!!!! If only for the liquid lunch :D

Cheers

Ginny

Sandra and Jim Jul 28th 2006 11:30 am

Hey Gill,
Why don't you ask your SIL to babysit and 4yo can educate her on the marsupials of Aus for when she comes to visit you in Melbourne!!!!!!

I'll look after the girls, depending if the concerts are before 18th September. No bother.

Sandra
x