Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I was made to Scrapbook today!

I was made to Scrapbook today!

Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Red face I was made to Scrapbook today!

They made me I've actually been to a scrapbooking session at a friend's house today and they said I had to bring some photos so I could do a page too! For some reason she thinks I really want to do it - I was probably being polite once
How do I get out of the weekly meets!!! HELP.....
BTW - my page looked quite 'nice'.... in a scrapbooking sort of way....

R
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:05 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: I was made to Scrapbook today!

Originally Posted by The Crow
They made me I've actually been to a scrapbooking session at a friend's house today and they said I had to bring some photos so I could do a page too! For some reason she thinks I really want to do it - I was probably being polite once

R
Its either scrapbooking or Tupperware, take your pick my dear
How are ya doing (sheryl) LOL..
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:07 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

R
Go next time, and make a REAL mess of her house with glue. You'll NEVER get asked back again
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johanne
Its either scrapbooking or Tupperware, take your pick my dear
How are ya doing (sheryl) LOL..
Hi Johanne!

We're all fine. I've got a Spa Experience 'party' on Thursday eve - maybe that'll be a bit more interesting (though I'd rather be at the pub!).

How are you and your lot?

Rachel
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by herrchook
Go next time, and make a REAL mess of her house with glue. You'll NEVER get asked back again
I can't believe the kit these women have perhaps I should just use all their best bits and pieces and never buy any of my own - or do 'death books' in black or something..... to freak them out...
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:16 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Johanne!

We're all fine. I've got a Spa Experience 'party' on Thursday eve - maybe that'll be a bit more interesting (though I'd rather be at the pub!).

Rachel
OMG Where do you live - Stepford???? Just watch out for the "party" where they ask for your car key when you go in??
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe the kit these women have perhaps I should just use all their best bits and pieces and never buy any of my own - or do 'death books' in black or something..... to freak them out...
It's scary isnt it?

I do a bit of scrapbooking, nothing serious really and TBH it was just an excuse to get out and meet people, but no way could I go to the extreme some of these women do!!!!!!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by herrchook
OMG Where do you live - Stepford???? Just watch out for the "party" where they ask for your car key when you go in??
and they seem so innocent....
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bridie
It's scary isnt it?

I do a bit of scrapbooking, nothing serious really and TBH it was just an excuse to get out and meet people, but no way could I go to the extreme some of these women do!!!!!!
I don't think I'd have the time or the patience to do a whole album - especially with all the sugary sweet wording they seem to use. Though the odd page framed up might look quite nice - OH isn't so sure!
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:25 am
Sunny Sydney

I don't think I'd have the time or the patience to do a whole album - especially with all the sugary sweet wording they seem to use. Though the odd page framed up might look quite nice - OH isn't so sure!
I think the odd page would make a lovely gift but I don't think I could do the whole album thing either. I've a lot of friends in the US who are REALLY into it big time, I just don't get it
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:27 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Hi Johanne!

Rachel

Hi Rachel
Things are going well down this neck of the woods ( 10 mins away) Do you go to the oak tree pub?
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic image - sitting there with a glue stick pointed at your back, and some mad woman in a flowery apron hssing "ve hav vays ov making you scrapbook"

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 20th 2007 at 11:30 am.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by johanne
Hi Rachel
Things are going well down this neck of the woods ( 10 mins away) Do you go to the oak tree pub?
Yes we do - we were there a couple of Saturdays ago (Mum's here, so she was babysitting). They had a good band on. Are you going to The Basin Music Festival at the weekend? We should meet up at the Oak Tree sometime! We quite often go for an early evening drink with the girls on a Fri or Sat too.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:31 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I met a lady who was getting married and was making a scrap book to her future husband - The A to Z of reasons I love you.

After I vomited due to the sickly and innane waste of no doubt several days when after a few years your lucky to get a Christmas card, I actually thought that was quite sweet really. I know I'd be chuffed if I got that from my wife to be.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Womat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really nice

R
How good a friend is she? If it was me I'd probably just tell them it's not my cup of tea, not having the same interest in a hobby shouldn't alter the way they feel about you, but if it does they aren't much of a friend anyway.

I'd heard scrapbooking was becoming popular but I've seen no evidence of it myself, no one I know has taken it up as a hobby.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.