Wikiposts

I love winter

Old Jul 3rd 2011, 2:48 pm
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold
Default I love winter

the shitter the weather the better. Is it just me?
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 2:50 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love winter

Yes.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 2:52 pm

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Seasider
Yes.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 2:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoy suffering the cold of winter because I know Spring and Summer are close at hand. Daytime winter is fab, nighttime winter is shite.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:02 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

The weather in Cairns is disappointingly poo for winter. it's nice and unhumid however, which means you can go outside between the hours of 8am to 7pm. There are lots of gloomy faced Aussies walking around eating ice-cream in Kagools. I think sadly they were expecting sun.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:09 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I always feel sorry for tourists I see in Sydney in winter. I'm sure, like me, they were fooled into thinking it never got this cold.

There is still tons to do but Sydney is essentially an outdoor city, and I can see you'd spend a lot more money entertaining kids in winter.

(No, never have forgiven my GBF for lying to me, although every year he says it has never been this cold/wet/bad before. )
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I always feel sorry for tourists I see in Sydney in winter. I'm sure, like me, they were fooled into thinking it never got this cold.

There is still tons to do but Sydney is essentially an outdoor city, and I can see you'd spend a lot more money entertaining kids in winter.

(No, never have forgiven my GBF for lying to me, although every year he says it has never been this cold/wet/bad before. )
Where's the poll? I don't mind winter too - apart from short days - but it's better when it ends...
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Where's the poll? I don't mind winter too - apart from short days - but it's better when it ends...
sorry Badge, couldn't be arsed
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
Then, you will be over the moon to hear...............

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1226087110531
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:32 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Winter has its benefits...

I cant wait for *proper* winter this year (heading to Cumbria for xmas!) - This half-assed attempt at winter here in Brisbane is no good - its cold in the house in the evening - and still warm during the day.

Real winter means sitting by a roaring fire keeping toasty and warm, or getting outside walking up a frozen mud footpath heading towards the snow-line beside the condensation breathing bleating sheep , looking out over frosty farms with smoke drifting from their chimneys knowing that at the end of the day theres a bowl of hot soup and a few pints of decent ale awaiting.

...Of course I could be over-romanticising, and may spend christmas cursing myself as I walk in ankle deep mud, with pissing grey rain, seeing nothing but the inside of clouds and wondering why I no longer have the ability to walk up and down hills without coughing up a lung and feeling like my legs are going to die.

Last edited by DadAgain; Jul 3rd 2011 at 3:36 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:36 pm
Auntie Fa

Originally Posted by DadAgain
...Of course I could be over-romanticising, and may spend christmas cursing myself as I walk in ankle deep mud, with pissing grey rain, seeing nothing but the inside of clouds and wondering why I no longer have the ability to walk up and down hills without coughing up a lung and feeling like my legs are going to die.
Or you could be like me last year, book to go back for my first Christmas there in about ten years and then cancel the flights about 22nd Dec because many of my friends were already en route but stuck in Singapore, Hong Kong, Paris and Larnaca, due to the UK not being geared up to cope with any extreme weather
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by rozellem

bollocks.
I'm in Vic. Still, it's cold, blustery and grey outside.
I cannot wait for it to piss down.

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Winter has its benefits...

I cant wait for *proper* winter this year (heading to Cumbria for xmas!) - This half-assed attempt at winter here in Briabne is no good - its cold in the house in the evening - and still warm duting the day.

Real winter means sitting by a roading fire keeping toasty and warm, or getting outside walking up a frozen mud footpath heading towards the snow-line beside the condensation breathing bleating sheep , looking out over frosty farms with smoke drifting from their chimneys knowing that at the end of the day theres a bowl of hot soup and a few pints of decent ale awaiting.

I wouldn't mind that
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:40 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
No, not just you.

I hate Summer with a passion.

Rain can only happen at night though.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:43 pm
Auntie Fa

It gets chuffing cold where you are, dinky. We flew into Melbourne a few years ago - before we moved over here - drove straight down the Great Ocean Road and stayed in a lodge at Apollo Bay. That's when I decided I was not moving to Melbourne.
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 3:46 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rozellem

That's the reason, right there, why we're up here and not down there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.