Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I love the rain here.

Wikiposts

I love the rain here.

Old Dec 2nd 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of
Default I love the rain here.

It was lashing down with rain this afternoon after a dry couple of months. I was out in it with naught but a pair of boxers and a hat (don't ask ... in fact probably better for the digestion not to even think ) up a ladder clearing cludge out of the downpipe filters to get every drop into the tank.

I love the rain here. Rain is life. Rain is hot baths. Rain is a green lawn. Rain is immediate relief from humidity. Rain sounds great. Rain looks great.

In Scotland rain meant me huddled indoors, snapping at people.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 9:23 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I love the rain here.

Originally Posted by CHnJ
It was lashing down with rain this afternoon after a dry couple of months. I was out in it with naught but a pair of boxers and a hat (don't ask ... in fact probably better for the digestion not to even think ) up a ladder clearing cludge out of the downpipe filters to get every drop into the tank.

I love the rain here. Rain is life. Rain is hot baths. Rain is a green lawn. Rain is immediate relief from humidity. Rain sounds great. Rain looks great.

Erm....whats rain????

Old Dec 2nd 2006, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CHnJ

yes i can understand the difference in rain here compared to the UK, refreshingley different..although don't get much of it here, but when it rains, it Rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

I haven't seen it rain like it did when we was over here in April. It rained so hard EVERYONE on the motorway pulled over into the hard shoulder! ... ... and they tell me it's nothing like the Summer!

Still, I agree we like the rain now ...
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 12:10 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

I love sitting outside on the patio whilst it rains - the sound of the rain on the tin roof is great!
I normally only use my wimdow wipers for getting the screen clean and when it does rain it feels really wierd watching them go side to side!
Tracey