Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I lick my lips and at last I can taste ...

Wikiposts

I lick my lips and at last I can taste ...

Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:12 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I lick my lips and at last I can taste ...

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
AUSTRALIA! ...

I opened up the the email in the early hours today, and had 2 emails from Australia House, both with attachments. The first email Hotmail told me contained a virus! ... ROFL, but the 2nd was a letter to me which started with these words:

'I am pleased to advise you that your application for a student visa subclass 572 has been approved'

OMG!! ... but why has the other got a 'so called' virus attached (we're both studying so kinda need BOTH to get the visa!) ?!?

Anyway, we thought it was a cock up with Hotmail for some reason, and it was as exactly the same doc was attached, but till about 10 mins ago when we spoke to our CO, we didn't know for sure if we'd BOTH been given the visas! ... I have hardly slept since! ... lol, but HAD to tell a few friends now we're 100% we're goin! ...

Ok, these are NOT PR visas, and only temporary visas, but there's a few people who will know and understand that THIS is our only shot at trying to get PR, and I've been looking into the 'best chance of success' for prob 2 years now! We've both had medical worries, I have a silly Criminal Record, but all the same I have one ... ... and there's been a LOT of doubts since the application went in, plus tons of stress like waiting for ANY visa, but at last, I now:

Lick my lips and I taste Australia! ...

We're due to exchange contracts on the house sale either this week or next, and as long as that holds together (buyers had THREE surveys and still keen) we hope to be there mid March! ...

I am sooooooooo excited! ...

Passports now need to go to Oz House cos they want to put sticky labels in.

I suppose I better try that 'sleep' thing again (If I can), I have told my muckers now! ...

We're on a mission!
Just got in from work and Jane told me that you have GOT IT, congratulations to you, well deserved, if you show me yours then i'll show you mine!!!!!
Bottle of the fizzy stuff is in order i believe...
Russ
Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:13 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Firstly without going on, I've been chuffed with the replies today. I can't reply to all posts other than to 'go on' ...lol, and say a MASSIVE thanks to everyone! ...

I've read ALL out to Nicola tonight and she said "aaaaah" ... and I think that's a positive thing ...

There's a few that are specific with questions so on I go.

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Paul, can you not leave him with a family member till he can be shipped?
I spose that is a possibilty, but to be honest he has to be dropped off at Shropshire, and all my family are in the London area or Essex so as well as watching him for however long, they'd also need to take him there and I just think it's asking a bit too much ...

Also the best person for the job is bordering on not talking to me, along with me mum cos we're terrible people going off to Oz ...

We'll get round it tho, at worse case scenario we have to wait for 2 months, I can live with that now ...

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
if you show me yours then i'll show you mine!!!!!
Hi Russ, it's like being back at school hearing that ...
Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Thanks EVERYONE for your words and wishes ... they're VERY much appreciated ...

It's been a hectic day since getting up, but we've hit a 'possible' stumbling block ...

Our original plan was to ship the dog 2 weeks before we went but as there was a doubt on getting the visas, we had to refrain from goin 'full steam' with it. Now basically we don't have time to ship in him time for 2 weeks before, but there's a possibility that when 'we' go, he may be able to ?!?

If we can't ship him in time for when we go, then we'll have to enroll at our school, and the kids with Education Queensland for a May start instead of March.

NOT the end of the world, not getting the visas would've been that!

Anyway, I am due a few so off I go! ...

Thanks again! ...
You got your visa? When....I want details please! I didnt know that!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:22 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
You got your visa? When....I want details please! I didnt know that!
Page 1 Sue...
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:35 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
Page 1 Sue...
She never pays attention

Good on yer Paul.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I missed this completely, what a pillark I am.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

I am gunna see you both in Aus. Fantastic, I am so pleased for you both. You have worked really really hard for this and I am so proud that you have it.

All the best and you know I am behind you a 100%

love and hugs Lace xxxxx
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 3:37 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lacey21
I missed this completely, what a pillark I am.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

I am gunna see you both in Aus. Fantastic, I am so pleased for you both. You have worked really really hard for this and I am so proud that you have it.

All the best and you know I am behind you a 100%

love and hugs Lace xxxxx
Hi Lace and thanks.

Yeah it's just sinking in now that we could be going in 3 weeks if we can get mutters on a plane in time. If we can't, then simply have to wait till we can, but are due to start school (all of us! ...lol) on the 27th of March so don't really have much time to play with.

Crossing fingers again! ... lol

Cheers ...