Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I lick my lips and at last I can taste ...

Wikiposts

I lick my lips and at last I can taste ...

Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:36 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I lick my lips and at last I can taste ...

One question - what *is* a "AusAID or defence sector" visa?
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:48 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Kris xx
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hutch
Congratulations mate. When you off then? Or have you already gone ...
Looking at the 15th of March, which uptill last week we could get one way flights with Singapore Airlines for £380. Today their £480 odd ... ... but didn't want to jinx things! ...

Haven't gone yet ( as in sleep ... ) as I had to read a few replies (thanks EVERYONE!) but the time has come!

Oh and Claire33, because our application wasn't straight forward we HAD to post it!

Online woulda been a lot quicker, but it was our only choice.

They used to send the visas by Special Delivery and this how we expected to be notified.

Postie has just popped the letters thru the door, and look! ... I haven't budged! ...

Only bills I'm sure.

I HAVE to sleep, good morning! ...
Old Feb 20th 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

great news paul and nic, all the best, dom
Old Feb 20th 2006, 9:39 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
AUSTRALIA! ...

I opened up the the email in the early hours today, and had 2 emails from Australia House, both with attachments. The first email Hotmail told me contained a virus! ... ROFL, but the 2nd was a letter to me which started with these words:

'I am pleased to advise you that your application for a student visa subclass 572 has been approved'

OMG!! ... but why has the other got a 'so called' virus attached (we're both studying so kinda need BOTH to get the visa!) ?!?

Anyway, we thought it was a cock up with Hotmail for some reason, and it was as exactly the same doc was attached, but till about 10 mins ago when we spoke to our CO, we didn't know for sure if we'd BOTH been given the visas! ... I have hardly slept since! ... lol, but HAD to tell a few friends now we're 100% we're goin! ...

Ok, these are NOT PR visas, and only temporary visas, but there's a few people who will know and understand that THIS is our only shot at trying to get PR, and I've been looking into the 'best chance of success' for prob 2 years now! We've both had medical worries, I have a silly Criminal Record, but all the same I have one ... ... and there's been a LOT of doubts since the application went in, plus tons of stress like waiting for ANY visa, but at last, I now:

Lick my lips and I taste Australia! ...

We're due to exchange contracts on the house sale either this week or next, and as long as that holds together (buyers had THREE surveys and still keen) we hope to be there mid March! ...

I am sooooooooo excited!
Passports now need to go to Oz House cos they want to put sticky labels in.

I suppose I better try that 'sleep' thing again (If I can), I have told my muckers now! ...
We're on a mission!

Excellent news Paul .......at last your dream is starting to fall into place.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 9:49 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one mate, you've earned it
Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:00 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Fab News!! Congratulations!!!

Looks like you might make it over there in time for the Arctics
Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:08 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

FANTASTIC NEWS PAUL

Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

AUSTRALIA! ...

I opened up the the email in the early hours today, and had 2 emails from Australia House, both with attachments. The first email Hotmail told me contained a virus! ... ROFL, but the 2nd was a letter to me which started with these words:

'I am pleased to advise you that your application for a student visa subclass 572 has been approved'

OMG!! ... but why has the other got a 'so called' virus attached (we're both studying so kinda need BOTH to get the visa!) ?!?

Anyway, we thought it was a cock up with Hotmail for some reason, and it was as exactly the same doc was attached, but till about 10 mins ago when we spoke to our CO, we didn't know for sure if we'd BOTH been given the visas! ... I have hardly slept since! ... lol, but HAD to tell a few friends now we're 100% we're goin! ...

Ok, these are NOT PR visas, and only temporary visas, but there's a few people who will know and understand that THIS is our only shot at trying to get PR, and I've been looking into the 'best chance of success' for prob 2 years now! We've both had medical worries, I have a silly Criminal Record, but all the same I have one ... ... and there's been a LOT of doubts since the application went in, plus tons of stress like waiting for ANY visa, but at last, I now:

We're due to exchange contracts on the house sale either this week or next, and as long as that holds together (buyers had THREE surveys and still keen) we hope to be there mid March! ...

I am sooooooooo excited! ...

I suppose I better try that 'sleep' thing again (If I can), I have told my muckers now! ...

We're on a mission!
Well done mate, where are you going

Mick

Just down the road from you in Chiswell Green
Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:11 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Paul&Nic]AUSTRALIA! ..

HHHOOOOOORRRAAAAYYYY !!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

What a positive day today sooooooooooooooooooo happy for you both !!! what a party we are going to have on Gold coast !!
1st Claire
then you guys maybe the third lucky thing will be to get the job I have just had an interview for .........
Or better still SELL MY HOUSE lol
Congrats mate
There will be loads of flashers at our meet now !!!

Fab news Jane xxx
Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

AUSTRALIA! ...

We're on a mission!

Comgrats and all the best!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

AUSTRALIA! ...

We're on a mission!
i thought i saw this this morning but im not quite with it at the moment!!

nice one mate - see you over there eh!!

j x
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:38 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!!

just goes to show a bit of perseverence and determination will get you anywhere!!!

well done.....have you come back down to earth yet? lol

sue
Old Feb 20th 2006, 11:51 pm
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to add my congratulations. I always admired your determination. Good on ya mate!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Really made up for you Paul. I think you probably deserve this as much if not more than lots. You have gone through so many hoops. You must all be soooo excited. Send my love to Nic - god knows what this means to her too.

See you soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.